FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,860

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
23rd February 2019, 05:12 PM |#31621  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowster

I have:

* All 4 (TV catchup)
* Google Pay
* Halifax (banking)
* My EE (mobile phone company app)
* PayPal
* SafetyNet "Attest"
* UKTV Play (TV catchup)

only. All of the above detect root.

Why are you hiding SafetyNet "Attest? For me it has no root check, just the SafetyNet check.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free

23rd February 2019, 09:40 PM |#31622  
Flag LAGOS
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can't install my other downloaded modules when I click Magisk just return to home screen and that's all latest manager 7 zip 18.1
23rd February 2019, 10:13 PM |#31623  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1,245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazart

Can't install my other downloaded modules when I click Magisk just return to home screen and that's all latest manager 7 zip 18.1

Is magisk manager installed to your external storage?
If yes make sure it is in internal storage
23rd February 2019, 10:57 PM |#31624  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuryy

hello,
i have a Mi A1 Rooted on may 5 security patch
now i want to update to the latest security patch
when i tap "restore images" the following message appears "Stock backup does not exist". and i have never encountered this issue before and didn't find any solution, yet
thanks

Did you ever solve this?
I got the same issue and asked it in that Mi A1 thread but yet without any answer.
I have the boot.img somewhere, but where to put it?

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Was just about to hit the sack when I noticed my name had been thrown around a bit. Quick follow-up:

@StuttgartKiwi The description provided by @martyfender is accurate. The stock boot image backup is kept in /data and is a gz patched file named stock_boot_<sha-1 hash for the boot image file>.img.gz.

I'm not sure why the backup isn't created on your device. It should, even when using the Manager to patch the boot image on an unrooted system. I just tested, and it works... When patching, it places the backup in the Managers data folder and then Magisk moves it to /data during the first boot after flashing the patched image (or just the next boot if you're already rooted).

Try running the following command as su in a terminal emulator (not Termux):

Code:
find -name 'stock_boot*'
That will show if there even is a backup on your device. If there is you could move it yourself. If there isn't you could try patching the stock boot image again, reboot and see if there is a backup available this time. If it still doesn't work an installation log and a logcat when you patch the image file, and a logcat during the first boot after would be useful to figure things out.

I have the same issue and found your post here.
No backup was done it seems. But I cannot patch again the boot.img because there is no command for it in Magisk Manager (18.1) anymore when already patched.

What could I do?

I still have the boot.img and I could gzip it and put the hash in the filename, would that do the trick?
23rd February 2019, 11:04 PM |#31625  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francwalter

Did you ever solve this?
I got the same issue and asked it in that Mi A1 thread but yet without any answer.
I have the boot.img somewhere, but where to put it?

The following assumes that:
You have an unrooted (stock) boot image currently named boot.img
You have busybox installed
You have a terminal emulator installed

Copy the boot.img to /data/local/ so you now have /data/local/boot.img
In the terminal emulator run the following, as root:
Code:
cd /data/local
mv boot.img stock_boot_$(sha1sum boot.img|cut -b-40).img
gzip -9 <file you just created with the mv command>
You should be left with a file named stock_boot_<sha1 string>.img.gz
Take that file and move it to /data/ so you have /data/stock_boot_<sha1 string>.img.gz
It should be owned by root:root and have permissions of 644 (rw- r-- r--)
Magisk should be able to find the backup now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
24th February 2019, 01:11 AM |#31626  
Flag Lysterfield South
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi all,
If I check logcat I see massive amounts of errors related to Magisk. I've spent a lot of time removing, reinstalling, researching etc. but I can't resolve the issues. Is there somewhere I can send a logcat to get some help?
24th February 2019, 01:41 AM |#31627  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7,102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francwalter

But I cannot patch again the boot.img because there is no command for it in Magisk Manager (18.1) anymore when already patched.

You've been given a solution already, but I just wanted to address this. What do you mean? The option to patch a boot image is always there. Just press the "Install" button next to "Magisk is up to date", click "Install", and voila.

---------- Post added at 02:41 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit308

Hi all,
If I check logcat I see massive amounts of errors related to Magisk. I've spent a lot of time removing, reinstalling, researching etc. but I can't resolve the issues. Is there somewhere I can send a logcat to get some help?

Just attach it to a post here and I'm sure someone will take a look at it. Attach, mind you, not copy-paste...
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
24th February 2019, 02:33 AM |#31628  
Flag Lysterfield South
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi all,

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me sort out why my attached logcat is so full of warnings/errors related to magisk
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log_2019-02-24_13-21-35.txt - [Click for QR Code] (163.3 KB, 46 views)
24th February 2019, 03:45 AM |#31629  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Magisk not installing module system apps
Hi guys, i have installed magisk 18.1 and im on pixle experience rom (pie) on redmi note 5.... When i install viper4android, it dosent show up in the app drawer and when i installed gboard themes mod, the themes dosent show up.... How ever when i installd sony music mod the app shows up and working properly... Please help....
24th February 2019, 08:05 AM |#31630  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Magisk Hide not working
I have used MagiskHide on all apps except the two apps that I installed Magisk for (Battery charge limit & Camera Error fix). I even hid Magisk manager by re-installation and the cts profile & basic integrity check always return "True". But still, for some reason apps like Paytm are able to detect that my phone is rooted. What do I do now?
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk_log_20190224_131858.log - [Click for QR Code] (29.2 KB, 12 views)
24th February 2019, 08:40 AM |#31631  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-Guy

I have used MagiskHide on all apps except the two apps that I installed Magisk for (Battery charge limit & Camera Error fix). I even hid Magisk manager by re-installation and the cts profile & basic integrity check always return "True". But still, for some reason apps like Paytm are able to detect that my phone is rooted. What do I do now?

It is just plain crazy to hide all apps, as it can lead to system instability and break a lot of things. You should only be hiding apps that detect root and do not work because of it, such as Paytm.

https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)