FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,720

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
20th March 2019, 05:00 PM |#32101  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,959

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners59

I have unticked the encrypt option in Magisk, but it keeps coming back, is that because it has now encrypted the /data partition?

I am going to struggle to create an unencrypted directory if this is the case, as it will always default to encrypt and so encrypt my phone even if I start over, no?

It's a shame it doesn't have an unencrypt option... That would be nice. Sweet dreams.

The forced encryption option in the Manager only has any function when you actually install Magisk or patch a boot image. Since you're now encrypted you will have to either reinstall Magisk with that option unchecked, or disable the option prior to installing Magisk through recovery (details here). You're also going to the to format /data after you have disabled the encryption flag.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free

20th March 2019, 05:34 PM |#32102  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
[QUOTE=kotuamoalt;79159788]
Quote:

It absolutely makes sense. It is a concise, accurate description of the process needed to rollback magisk to an earlier version. I am sticking with 17.3 until 18.2 comes out. Supposedly, that will have all the fixes in it.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

If you expect to get help, you are going to have to provide more information than zero information.
What device are you using? What operating system are you using? Log files? Magisk version?
Help us help you.

Phone itel 1516plus
Android version 5.1
Magisk manager version is 7.0
Magisk version is 18.1
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk_log_20190320_060341.log - [Click for QR Code] (23.2 KB, 10 views)
20th March 2019, 11:32 PM |#32103  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung40oz84

Go to the Google pay thread. There are solutions there, but everything is short term and it's going to keep doing it.Trust me when I say I've been through it for wks and tried every solution/scenario posted and my own. Sometimes works for 3-5 days, sometimes 1 payment, sometimes immediately reverts. It's obviously something Google changed in March update so just have to wait till Magisk finds the fix or solution. For now accept reality, either run core only, lock ur bootloader, or don't use pay, lol.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

U need to go to the Google pay discussion thread

Do I really should trust you? Use core only?

Core only let me add a card successfully but fail in completing NFC payment at terminal.

Did you checked downgrade to 17.3 AND downgrading Google play services WITH properly forceing not to update itself ???

Sent from Xperia Z5, stock rom 7.1.1, 32.4.A.1.54, Magisk 18.1
21st March 2019, 02:44 AM |#32104  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Root Moto G7 Play
Hello. I have a moto g7 play with android 9 and I can not get root with magisk. I followed the step by step of "Boot Image Patching".
My bootloader is unlocked.
The boot.img image is correct.
I do not get root and magisk says that it is not installed.
Can anyone help?

Magisk version is 18.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-13 19_40_44-Minimal ADB and Fastboot.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	4727993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190315-173309.png
Views:	532
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	4727994  
21st March 2019, 05:57 AM |#32105  
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcondes BR

Hello. I have a moto g7 play with android 9 and I can not get root with magisk. I followed the step by step of "Boot Image Patching".
My bootloader is unlocked.
The boot.img image is correct.
I do not get root and magisk says that it is not installed.
Can anyone help?

Magisk version is 18.1

You'd better try with the latest Magisk Canary Debug build. If it still does not work, you should create an issue in Magisk github with the necessary logs and files
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...7/post77549897
21st March 2019, 06:54 AM |#32106  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
[QUOTE=Faithful4real;79161528]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotuamoalt

Phone itel 1516plus
Android version 5.1
Magisk version is 18.1

Attached Files
File Type: log magisk_log_20190320_062020.log - [Click for QR Code] (26.5 KB, 6 views)
21st March 2019, 07:52 AM |#32107  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,320

More
[QUOTE=Faithful4real;79165267]Have you tried Magisk in core only mode? Enable it in Magisk Manager settings and reboot.
If that doesn't work you could run Magisk uninstaller in a custom recovery if it is available for you device then reflash Magisk also in the custom recovery, before rebooting.
If none of the above works, have you thought about trying the Canary build? If you try Canary, I recommend running the magisk uninstaller in the custom recovery, or if you don't have a custom recovery, pick the uninstall button in Magisk Manager first.
21st March 2019, 12:11 PM |#32108  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,959

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurroFX

What's the point of this post, apart from advertising possibly scammy websites?
21st March 2019, 12:18 PM |#32109  
Flag Lattakia
Thanks Meter: 578

More
Quote:

As pervious posts......

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Actually, downgrade Magisk and Magisk Manager after uninstalling... See previous threads.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I have unticked the encrypt option in Magisk, but it keeps coming back, is that because it has now encrypted the /data partition?

I am going to struggle to create an unencrypted directory if this is the case, as it will always default to encrypt and so encrypt my phone even if I start over, no?

It's a shame it doesn't have an unencrypt option... That would be nice. Sweet dreams.

In my experience, that never worked for me, I formatted data and made sure to disable "preserve force encryption" option and that never worked, the only way to disable it is to flash http://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe first which will modify fstab in vendor, and then flash magisk
The Following User Says Thank You to Nebrassy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nebrassy Ad-Free
21st March 2019, 02:43 PM |#32110  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebrassy

In my experience, that never worked for me, I formatted data and made sure to disable "preserve force encryption" option and that never worked, the only way to disable it is to flash http://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe first which will modify fstab in vendor, and then flash magisk

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would explain a lot. I have downloaded and will add to my phone and give it a go.

Do I still need to delete /Data and start over?
21st March 2019, 02:50 PM |#32111  
Flag Lattakia
Thanks Meter: 578

More
Quote:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would explain a lot. I have downloaded and will add to my phone and give it a go.

Do I still need to delete /Data and start over?

If it's encrypted then yes you should format it with twrp or wipe it with fastboot, then flash that zip then flash magisk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)