FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,710

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
15th April 2019, 01:58 PM |#32701  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,948

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoedge

It's the manager itself that's acting up, it has been mentioned many times on "extreme kernel" forum group...

I can't upload a screen recording on here that would show you exactly what I mean...

Do you have an app that is excessively requesting superuser access? Sounds like something that could cause this behaviour... But, as I said, logs would be nice.

15th April 2019, 02:00 PM |#32702  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

If you have a rom available, you can extract it from that.

I don't have, only ADB FASTBOOT...
I have DUMPed android_boot (mmcblk0p3) and i have obtained mmcblk0p3.img.
If i extract it, i see there is a ZIMAGE and not an IMAGE (and more files).
15th April 2019, 02:12 PM |#32703  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

I have Titanium version 8.3.2. SE Linux is enforcing.

I installed "The SELinux Switch" and changed to Permissive.
MyBackupPro now is able to restore backups, but Titanium Backup still hangs on restore.
I tried all the TiBk options for App processing mode:
  • Auto Direct - hangs with spinning circle forever
  • Auto Indirect - hangs with spinning circle forever
  • Interactive - first displays "There Was A Problem Parsing The Package”, then hangs with spinning circle forever

What else should I look at? Are there some specific Magisk Modules that are needed for TiBk?
What else have you done other than install Magisk, and install Titanium?
15th April 2019, 02:23 PM |#32704  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,884

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg11

MyBackupPro now is able to restore backups, but Titanium Backup still hangs on restore.
Auto Direct - hangs with spinning circle forever
Interactive - first displays "There Was A Problem Parsing The Package”, then hangs with spinning circle forever

What else should I look at? Are there some specific Magisk Modules that are needed for TiBk?

To get Titanium running? Nothing. Titanium was probably the first app I installed after rooting. The only thing that may help figure out what's happening is a logcat
15th April 2019, 02:40 PM |#32705  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg11

• Auto Direct - hangs with spinning circle forever
  • Auto Indirect - hangs with spinning circle forever
  • Interactive - first displays "There Was A Problem Parsing The Package”, then hangs with spinning circle forever

I see on apkmirror that there is a v8.3.3 available. I don't know if that will help or not.
Quote:

• Fixed scheduled jobs getting killed on Android 8.0+ if scenario calculations took >5 seconds.
• Minor improvements.
• Updated translations.

15th April 2019, 03:17 PM |#32706  

More
@martyfender Starting from mmcblk0p3.img (size 30 Mb) I have obtained through Magisk app this file: patched_boot.img (size 10 Mb).
But now I have not able to install this patched_boot.img through Magisk app.... why?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

[/COLOR @martyfender Starting from mmcblk0p3.img (size 30 Mb) I have obtained through Magisk app this file: patched_boot.img (size 10 Mb).
But now I have not able to install this patched_boot.img through Magisk app.... why?
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk_install_log_20190415_162022.log - [Click for QR Code] (3.7 KB, 2 views)
15th April 2019, 03:29 PM |#32707  
Flag Indianapolis, IN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano91av

@martyfender Starting from mmcblk0p3.img (size 30 Mb) I have obtained through Magisk app this file: patched_boot.img (size 10 Mb).
But now I have not able to install this patched_boot.img through Magisk app.... why?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

[/COLOR @martyfender Starting from mmcblk0p3.img (size 30 Mb) I have obtained through Magisk app this file: patched_boot.img (size 10 Mb).
But now I have not able to install this patched_boot.img through Magisk app.... why?

You have copy it to your pc and flash it with fastboot with the tablet in bootloader mode.
I usually copy it to the adb/fastboot folder on the pc. I then shift, right click in an empty space in that folder and choose: open a command prompt here. This is assuming you are on Windows.
If, like me, you instead boot to Linux most of the time, you have to use sudo before all of the fastboot commands listed below, unless you are already running as root.
Code:
fastboot devices
Hit the enter key.
When you enter the above command you should see your fastboot serial number listed if the device is connected.
Code:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
Hit the enter key. You should see info that the flash was successful after this.
Code:
fastboot reboot
The above command reboots to Android.

If a custom recovery is available for your device, such as TWRP, it is much easier to flash the magisk.zip through it. You don't even have to have TWRP installed, you can temp boot it with fastboot, from the pc, again copied to your PC.

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
substitute the name above with what ever your twrp image is named.
15th April 2019, 03:41 PM |#32708  

More
Quote:

You have copy it to your pc and flash it with fastboot with the tablet in bootloader mode.
I usually copy it to the adb/fastboot folder on the pc. I then shift, right click in an empty space in that folder and choose: open a command prompt here. This is assuming you are on Windows.
If, like me, you instead boot to Linux most of the time, you have to use sudo before all of the fastboot commands listed below, unless you are already running as root.

Code:
fastboot devices
Hit the enter key.
When you enter the above command you should see your fastboot serial number listed if the device is connected.
Code:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
Hit the enter key. You should see info that the flash was successful after this.
Code:
fastboot reboot
The above command reboots to Android.

I have this situation...
See attachment please
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Istantanea_2019-04-15_16-37-59.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	4743172  
15th April 2019, 03:57 PM |#32709  
Flag Indianapolis, IN

More
Quote:

I have this situation...
See attachment please

You are booted to Android, not fastboot/bootloader mode in that screen shot. The adb devices command indicates that.
On my Nextbook Ares 8A,Intel x86, Android 6.0.1 tablets, from a complete shutdown I hold the volume down key and the power button to boot to fastboot/bootloader mode. The key combos can vary, though to do this.
On my devices, volume up, power button, boots me to the EFI bootmanager.

On my older, now dead, Ares 8 tablet, Intel x86 with Android 5, volume up, power button, booted me to recovery. On your device, how do you reboot to Windows?
I had done some research in the past on Chuwi devices. Is yours an Intel device, also?

I updated my above post also, with more info.

UPDATE: From Android you can boot to the bootloader with this command:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
15th April 2019, 04:23 PM |#32710  

More
Quote:

You are booted to Android, not fastboot/bootloader mode in that screen shot. The adb devices command indicates that.
On my Nextbook Ares 8A,Intel x86, Android 6.0.1 tablets, from a complete shutdown I hold the volume down key and the power button to boot to fastboot/bootloader mode. The key combos can vary, though to do this.
On my devices, volume up, power button, boots me to the EFI bootmanager.

On my older, now dead, Ares 8 tablet, Intel x86 with Android 5, volume up, power button, booted me to recovery. On your device, how do you reboot to Windows?
I had done some research in the past on Chuwi devices. Is yours an Intel device, also?

I updated my above post also, with more info.

Thank you so much! Now I have root.
But I have two big problem:
1) system set automatically english language after reboot (i am italian, befor magisk root system was italian after reboot);
2) as from pictuers, busybox and init.d modules are not able to install.
How can I solve these problems?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-04-15_17-20-05.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	4743194   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-04-15_17-20-09.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	4743195   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-04-15_17-20-11.jpg
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	4743196  
15th April 2019, 04:37 PM |#32711  
Flag Indianapolis, IN

More
Quote:

Thank you so much! Now I have root.
But I have two big problem:
1) system set automatically english language after reboot (i am italian, befor magisk root system was italian after reboot);
2) as from pictuers, busybox and init.d modules are not able to install.
How can I solve these problems?

I am afraid I haven't any experience with language. Can you go into Android settings, Language & Input to change it? Magisk Manager has settings also for language.
When you install a module, you have the option to save logs. If you post those logs, someone here may be able to help. I would also suggest posting the magisk.log in /cache/. Attach the logs to the post using the attach function or upload it to a file sharing site such as pastebin and post links. Please don't put the log in the body of a post as it makes it difficult to read, especially for mobile users.
I often find I have to hit the go advanced button option to see the attach button below. That is usually when I later edit my post, though.
If TWRP is available for your device, you may have better luck by downloading the modules.zip and flashing with it, instead. I have had cases where I had to do that in the past.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)