FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,838 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,958

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
8th June 2019, 05:56 PM |#34001  
Flag Sliedrecht
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryshnakishore

Everything works fine but after some random time I loose root.. I need to reboot & reflash the zip to get root back to normal. Is there a fix?

Magisk 19.3
OnePlus 6, 9.0.6
Twrp blue spark 101
Blue spark r89 kernal

I have a similar thing on my oneplus6 running beta19, magisk 19.3, no twrp, no custom kernel.
I have woken up with a message that there is an update to magisk, but when I open the manager, it reports it is not installed.
A reboot solves the problem.
Maybe TitaniumBackup does give some trouble, closing the manager?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

8th June 2019, 06:15 PM |#34002  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoryx

Having trouble after update to version 19.300 with my banking app S-pushTAN, root detected error msg (log attached)
My device is P20 pro, official (9.0.0.251) had been using version 19003 with no problems with the same app. Updated using direct install method.
App is in hide list, and manager is hidden.
After downgrading banking app is running smoothly (same settings).
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MagiskHide 19.3 does not start (properly) when rebooting. After booting I disable MagiskHide and re-enable it and all is fine. If I forget it, root is detected by some apps.

To check it, I use Root Validator (checks the root state of your device) - https://f-droid.org/app/eu.thedarken.rootvalidator - and hide root from it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Root_Validator_20190608-191501.png
Views:	654
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	4773588  
8th June 2019, 06:47 PM |#34003  
Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

MagiskHide 19.3 does not start (properly) when rebooting. After booting I disable MagiskHide and re-enable it and all is fine. If I forget it, root is detected by some apps.

To check it, I use Root Validator (checks the root state of your device) - https://f-droid.org/app/eu.thedarken.rootvalidator - and hide root from it.

Thanks for your response.
I tried to enable magiskhide again, still banking app didn't work and detected root
Even though other apps don't
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190608_194006_com.rucksack.checkrootstatus.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	4773602  
8th June 2019, 07:30 PM |#34004  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Latest Magisk 19.3 not working in Samsung Galaxy J7 Perx SM-j727P
Hello, I just want to thanks the developer for his amazing effort to bring a way to root devices past beyond Android Nougat. Also I want to drop a little precaution for those who own a SM-J727P like me who unconspicuously want to update to the latest Magisk once is suggested by the manager. The latest version 19.3 just made my phone stuck at boot and I had to re-flash to stock and revert back to 19.2 which is working fine. I tried the uninstaller and it didn't work because TWRP doesn't have access to Data partition in the phone. Hope this will catch the eye of another SM-J727P and prevent them the hassle to restore and redo the root process. Keep the good work going
The Following User Says Thank You to ct760ster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ct760ster Ad-Free
8th June 2019, 08:08 PM |#34005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a LeEco Le 2 x526 with Lineage 15.1 and I want to watch netflix on my rooted phone.
Can I just install magisk on top of my current installation or do I have to use the TWRP-Recovery mode and wipe/re-install my whole device?
8th June 2019, 08:42 PM |#34006  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,040

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLabert

I have a LeEco Le 2 x526 with Lineage 15.1 and I want to watch netflix on my rooted phone.
Can I just install magisk on top of my current installation or do I have to use the TWRP-Recovery mode and wipe/re-install my whole device?

I'm assuming you are rooted with SuperSU right now?
Download the latest magisk.zip and also download the unSU.zip which you can find here to your phone.
Boot to TWRP and flash the unSU.zip
Without rebooting (tap the home button), flash the magisk.zip next
Reboot and you should be good to go.
8th June 2019, 08:51 PM |#34007  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

I'm assuming you are rooted with SuperSU right now?
Download the latest magisk.zip and also download the unSU.zip which you can find here to your phone.
Boot to TWRP and flash the unSU.zip
Without rebooting (tap the home button), flash the magisk.zip next
Reboot and you should be good to go.

apparently it was not rooted and I got it to work thanks mate
8th June 2019, 08:55 PM |#34008  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Magisk 19.3 (19300) and Manager 7.2.0 (213) are the latest stable and beta available. Magisk 19.4-c1602d25 (19301) and Manager 7.2.0-16b232d2 (216) are the latest Canary versions.

Thank you. Makes sense now. I didn't know about the other version. Probably did do something to cause this. The Rom was rooted at install with super SU. I used su uninstaller and then magisk, so this explains it. Silver lining; I found this thread and subscribed.
9th June 2019, 12:59 AM |#34009  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hello, can anyone Help me, how can i fix them?

e:
Sorry, so my problem is that I have set up the fingerprint for Magisk, now I've done a Rom update today, but I've removed the fingerprint at Magisk and from my system too. Now I wanted to use the fingerprint again with Magisk and I get the message "Authentication failed"

besides, I thought my screenshot would be meaningful enough
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190609-015657.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	4773778  
9th June 2019, 01:10 AM |#34010  
Flag Fountain Hills, AZ.
Thanks Meter: 895

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambotic

Hello, can anyone Help me, how can i fix them?

Zero information = impossible to help.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdamark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdamark Ad-Free
9th June 2019, 02:01 AM |#34011  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,040

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdamark

Zero information = impossible to help.

For me, it also zero translation as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)