FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,846

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
13th June 2019, 01:56 AM |#34101  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmind21

I have a question,how can I use my rooted n8
On verified sites and apps?
There are several sites here in portugal that I can't use because the device is not secure and in some apps like IRS and social security....how can I circumvent that?
Without losing root? Cheers

That's 3 questions.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to kotuamoalt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kotuamoalt Ad-Free

13th June 2019, 02:12 AM |#34102  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I need help.
I have HTC ONE M8 with stock marshmallow rom, I install TWRP and then Magisk 19.3
but when I type su in terminal command "PERMISSION DENIED" appears and there is no prompt to grant superuser
any clue please
13th June 2019, 04:14 AM |#34103  

More
The device I have (Pixel 3a XL) lacks twrp and is bootlooping due to a Magisk module I forgot to disable before an OTA. I had the idea of modifying the stock bootloader's init.rc to try to write the .disable_magisk file but that doesn't appear to work. Also tried having it write to /sdcard as a sanity test and that also failed, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it possible to modify either the stock or the Magisk patched bootloader to force Magisk into core only mode?
13th June 2019, 06:26 AM |#34104  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I have a mido and after i updated Magisk, magisk hide in v19.3 is unable to hide root access from apps in SD card. What can i do to fix it ?
13th June 2019, 06:39 AM |#34105  
Flag lisbon
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotuamoalt

That's 3 questions.

Great....you can count....
13th June 2019, 06:48 AM |#34106  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7,106

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh1

It appears that the play store allows apps to block compatibility with bootloader unlocked devices, and Netflix has done that in the past.

Question is whether Magisk previously successfully hid an unlocked bootloader and now doesn't do that, or doesn't hide that but Netflix has now decided to block these devices...

There's been no change to Magisk's abilities to hide an unlocked bootloader. Can you pass SafetyNet? If so the unlocked bootloader is hidden...

Apps that look for it stops showing up in the Play store of you somehow have gotten your device flagged as uncertified:
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...doesnt_show_up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eierfrucht

So is it just not true that the latest Magisk Canary has a fix for this, or am I missing something?

You haven't missed anything. Nothing's changed on that front.

Quote:

I have a question,how can I use my rooted n8
On verified sites and apps?
There are several sites here in portugal that I can't use because the device is not secure and in some apps like IRS and social security....how can I circumvent that?
Without losing root? Cheers

https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...root_from_apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeironTsuka

The device I have (Pixel 3a XL) lacks twrp and is bootlooping due to a Magisk module I forgot to disable before an OTA. I had the idea of modifying the stock bootloader's init.rc to try to write the .disable_magisk file but that doesn't appear to work. Also tried having it write to /sdcard as a sanity test and that also failed, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it possible to modify either the stock or the Magisk patched bootloader to force Magisk into core only mode?

If you've previously used adb and given shell Superuser access, you could connect your device to that computer, run this command and then turn the device on.
Code:
adb wait-for-device && adb shell su -c touch /data/cache/.disable_magisk
A bit of a longshot, but who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekagra69

I have a mido and after i updated Magisk, magisk hide in v19.3 is unable to hide root access from apps in SD card. What can i do to fix it ?

https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...root_from_apps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 06:48 AM |#34107  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:

Great....you can count....

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
13th June 2019, 07:10 AM |#34108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

If you've previously used adb and given shell Superuser access, you could connect your device to that computer, run this command and then turn the device on.

Code:
adb wait-for-device && adb shell su -c touch /data/cache/.disable_magisk
A bit of a longshot, but who knows...

I hadn't given adb SU access but decided to try that anyway. Doesn't get far enough in the boot for adb to connect, unfortunately. It pops up a quick "Please wait..", crashes back to bootloader, and boots to a "Your system may be corrupt. If this keeps happening yada yada" screen with a try again/factory reset. Since the bootloader on-board is the stock one until this is resolved, it then boots fine from there.
13th June 2019, 07:16 AM |#34109  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7,106

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I hadn't given adb SU access but decided to try that anyway. Doesn't get far enough in the boot for adb to connect, unfortunately. It pops up a quick "Please wait..", crashes back to bootloader, and boots to a "Your system may be corrupt. If this keeps happening yada yada" screen with a try again/factory reset. Since the bootloader on-board is the stock one until this is resolved, it then boots fine from there.

That doesn't sound like it's caused by a module. They're loaded later in the boot process. You've likely got something else going on. A wipe might be necessary...

And what about the bootloader? Magisk doesn't touch that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 07:18 AM |#34110  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,338

More
[QUOTE="Your system may be corrupt. If this keeps happening yada yada" screen with a try again/factory reset.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like dm_verity is not disabled.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 07:40 AM |#34111  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,061

More
Quote:

What happens if you flash the new stock (unrooted) kernel to both slots? This almost sounds (guessing since I haven't seen it) that it's failing to boot on one slot then recovering by booting from the other slot. Saying this because you say it fails, then succeeds.
Bootloader will always be stock. Nothing you've done, or attempted to do, effects the bootloader (other than applying the OTA).

Did you patch the new, updated, stock kernel with Magisk or are you trying to use an older kernel?
@martyfender
If he's running stock then he shouldn't be turning dm_verity off anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)