FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 57,046

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
13th June 2019, 02:30 PM |#34121  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 7,453

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh1

Are you on 19.3 stable only, not canary? Clear play store and play services cache, reboot, and search for Netflix in the Play store...

I'm practically never on the stable release... At the moment it doesn't matter though, since the current Canary (19301) is pretty much the same as the stable release. But, when reporting about issues and bugs you should always test on the current Canary debug build, to make sure that it hasn't already been fixed and to have more verbose logging.

And lastly, none of that made any difference...

Edit: my main point is that you need to collect more info. Just saying: it's this, without any other kind of information makes it virtually impossible for @topjohnwu to do anything about it if there's an actual issue.

13th June 2019, 02:50 PM |#34122  
Thanks Meter: 2,013

More
About that Netflix issue: Two Motorola devices with unlocked bootloaders, one (Moto G5+) is running magisk 18.1 on stock Oreo and just got two Netflix updates from playstore, everything is working fine.
The other one (Moto G 2014) running a 7.1.2 custom ROM and magisk 19.3 can't find Netflix in the playstore anymore, playstore is uncertified since the update to 19.x.
Followed the troubleshooting guide, checked magisk hide and found out that Magisk's Safety net test is failing at the first attempt, also external safety net checker apps show the same result.Toggling magisk hide on/off let the device pass but only until a reboot.
Deleted playstore data and cache, tried also MagiskHide Props Config module , playstore still not certified.

The playstore of the other device running magisk 18.1 is certified and magisk hide is working without toggling.
So it seems there is a correlation between newer magisk builds and an uncertified playstore.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
13th June 2019, 03:04 PM |#34123  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

I'm practically never on the stable release... At the moment it doesn't matter though, since the current Canary (19301) is pretty much the same as the stable release. But, when reporting about issues and bugs you should always test on the current Canary debug build, to make sure that it hasn't already been fixed and to have more verbose logging.

And lastly, none of that made any difference...

Edit: my main point is that you need to collect more info. Just saying: it's this, without any other kind of information makes it virtually impossible for @topjohnwu to do anything about it if there's an actual issue.

Magisk 19301 has been pulled. I changed the channel to beta, but 19300 stable still shows as latest.

Changed to core mode, disabled USB debug and ad blocking, cleared cache and data from play services/store, rebooted, and device still not compatible.

I would love to retest this by downgrading back to 19.2, but we still don't have TWRP for the Pixel 3a, so can't flash it. Wish the Manager gave us the option to downgrade. Can't play around too much without a nandroid backup. So, out of ideas, open to suggestions...
13th June 2019, 03:20 PM |#34124  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

About that Netflix issue: Two Motorola devices with unlocked bootloaders, one (Moto G5+) is running magisk 18.1 on stock Oreo and just got two Netflix updates from playstore, everything is working fine.
The other one (Moto G 2014) running a 7.1.2 custom ROM and magisk 19.3 can't find Netflix in the playstore anymore, playstore is uncertified since the update to 19.x.
Followed the troubleshooting guide, checked magisk hide and found out that Magisk's Safety net test is failing at the first attempt, also external safety net checker apps show the same result.Toggling magisk hide on/off let the device pass but only until a reboot.
Deleted playstore data and cache, tried also MagiskHide Props Config module , playstore still not certified.

The playstore of the other device running magisk 18.1 is certified and magisk hide is working without toggling.
So it seems there is a correlation between newer magisk builds and an uncertified playstore.

You have stock ROM vs custom ROM so it's also possible that the issue is the custom ROM rather than Magisk. Note that I'm not saying that it's definitely the ROM but you have to consider the possibility
13th June 2019, 03:49 PM |#34125  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Fingerprint authentication cant work
Please help me..
Why i cant activate fingerprint authentication?

The bigger problem is, that my apps that require fingerprint login cant work..they doesnt ask for fingerprint anymore..

Is this magisk issue?

Redmi note 5 (whyred)
Magisk 19.3

Almost all rom except aosip...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190613-214532_Manager.png
Views:	316
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	4776246  
13th June 2019, 03:53 PM |#34126  
Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Magisk 19301 has been pulled. I changed the channel to beta, but 19300 stable still shows as latest.

Nope...

Build 19301 is the current Canary release. Both stable and beta are on 19300.
13th June 2019, 07:52 PM |#34127  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Nope...

Build 19301 is the current Canary release. Both stable and beta are on 19300.

Yeah, see that now. Canary requires its own manager, can't just change channel to beta. Is there a custom name for the canary build in the regular manager?

Otherwise, I'm more of a stable build guy especially when there's no nandroid backup to fall back to...
13th June 2019, 08:15 PM |#34128  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,393

More
Quote:

Yeah, see that now. Canary requires its own manager, can't just change channel to beta. Is there a custom name for the canary build in the regular manager?

Otherwise, I'm more of a stable build guy especially when there's no nandroid backup to fall back to...

The Canary and Canary debug channels should be showing up also in Magisk Manager settings, update channel.
13th June 2019, 08:49 PM |#34129  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

The Canary and Canary debug channels should be showing up also in Magisk Manager settings, update channel.

Other than beta, just a custom channel fill-in-name setting for the update setting of the stable build manager.
13th June 2019, 09:16 PM |#34130  
Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

Quote:

Other than beta, just a custom channel fill-in-name setting for the update setting of the stable build manager.

The pre-configured Canary channels are not available in the stable or beta release Managers. Keeps a few more complete noobs away from the Canary builds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 09:39 PM |#34131  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,393

More
Quote:

If you want Canary, then either install the Canary Magisk Manager, or set the custom update channel to the Canary builds. Links for it are in the Canary thread OP under:
Quote:

All Canary Files

Enter these links in the custom channel area:
For debug builds:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_...ds/canary.json

For release builds:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_...s/release.json

Sorry, I must have the above wrong somehow, they are not working for me. ianmacd's custom .json links work, but topjohnwu's do not, for some reason and they are named custom update channels. Does anyone know why? I believe I made this mistake once before. Also, topjohnwu used to have a custom channel link in the op before he incorporated it into MM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)