FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,857

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
17th July 2019, 05:01 PM |#34861  
Flag Merida
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope77

That's because of defex security blocking magisk. I have j6+ and I'm telling u rooting this device is an extreme pain in the a**.

I jave j610f running pie, rooted it after a senior member removed defex from the kernel. But u should know that flashing magisk breaks the lockscreen (lockscreen no longer works) and causes bootloops if u set a lock for your phone.

Is your lockscreen still working after flashing magisk? Even if maigsk didn't work

Do you know if this issue happens on all Samsung recent devices or only this particular model?

17th July 2019, 06:06 PM |#34862  
Thanks Meter: 1,016

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy356

Every time I open Magisk Manager, the Downloads section is blank and the module list has to be downloaded again. Switching to other sections and then coming back to Downloads still shows the list. But the moment I swipe it away from recents, the repo cache is cleared and I have to wait for it to download the next time.

Am I the only one experiencing this or is it a known bug? Earlier versions definitely kept the cache even if the app was swiped away.

Bug with blank Downloads was already fixed in Magisk Manager Canary build (latest MM Canary is v7.3.3 (228))

If you wish, google for XDA Magisk Canary and find the installation link and instructions in its OP post #1

Be aware that Canary channel provides pre-release builds (both for Magisk and MM), but many people use it (me too) because they are usually stable and it faster provides builds for bugs that are already fixed in the Magisk/MM Git source

In fact, you can only install MM Canary, and then switch in its Settings to Stable channel, and keep using the latest stable/official Magisk v19.3 (latest Magisk Canary is v19.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
17th July 2019, 06:58 PM |#34863  
Thanks Meter: 408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfg

Bug with blank Downloads was already fixed in Magisk Manager Canary build (latest MM Canary is v7.3.3 (228))

Thanks! That's all I needed to know. I'll wait for the next update, no problem.
17th July 2019, 11:45 PM |#34864  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
What is the difference between Magisk & Magisk Canary ?
18th July 2019, 12:10 AM |#34865  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syoenth

Do you know if this issue happens on all Samsung recent devices or only this particular model?

flashing magisk on these devices breaks locksreen and samsung account
currently known devices are j6+ ,j4+
and probably the note 9 according to this : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/1344
and check this: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/1617
18th July 2019, 01:12 AM |#34866  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn78

What is the difference between Magisk & Magisk Canary ?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...-edge-t3839337
18th July 2019, 01:55 AM |#34867  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Could something be monitoring the ptrace status of zygote to determine if magisk is installed or not?
Before the implementation of Magisk hide using Zygote method, that PID remained open. Now with new method for hiding, Zygote PID is now being ptraced. So, an app simply checking Zygote ptrace status, could be enough to determine if Magisk is installed.
My thought is, is this how Netflix is detecting irregularities in system even while passing Safetynet?
18th July 2019, 03:52 AM |#34868  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Pls add dual sound mod
18th July 2019, 03:59 AM |#34869  
Thanks Meter: 2,398

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejimson

Pls add dual sound mod

I'm not sure what developer you might need to ask about that, but this is the wrong place for module requests
18th July 2019, 06:08 AM |#34870  
Flag ?!?!?!
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
I got an issue with magiskhide.

When i'm going to open western union app in my samsung s5 (custom rom RR 7.0.2), its just close & saying rooted device. Even though i already used magiskhide...!
18th July 2019, 06:27 AM |#34871  
Thanks Meter: 1,016

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamnahid

I got an issue with magiskhide.

When i'm going to open western union app in my samsung s5 (custom rom RR 7.0.2), its just close & saying rooted device. Even though i already used magiskhide...!

It has been discussed a lot/often in previous posts about some apps still detecting root although MagiskHide enforced (and SafetyNet passing)

You may try by hiding/repacking Magisk Manager (see its Settings), if it helps (some apps look for MM to proclaim that phone is rooted)

Search also fo discussions about RootBeer in this thread (app is available on Playstore, it explores various methods to detect root, and presents its results) and which steps are needed to successfully hide Magisk from RootBeer. RootBeer is an open source library, and other apps may include it to check if phone is rooted (maybe yours, too)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)