FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,838 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,951

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
4th August 2019, 03:14 PM |#35101  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 7,404

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1313

I just installed Magisk and it seems to work fine (I have green checks like the tutorial here says you should have). When I go to download and see a list of modules, the few that I search I can't seem to find:

GPU Turbo Boost
Greenify4Magisk
CrossBreeder Lite Edition

I've used the search bar without any success. I found these on multiple list online for best modules to install and they are all list from 2019. Is there a reason I can't see them?

I have a samsung galaxy s3 d2att with nougat if it matters.

Thanks in advance.

None of those modules are in the repo, that's why.

Greenify4Magisk was discontinued and I don't know about the other two, but they likely weren't updated to the current module template and therefore got purged (back in May I think it was).
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free

4th August 2019, 03:19 PM |#35102  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:

I just installed Magisk and it seems to work fine (I have green checks like the tutorial here says you should have). When I go to download and see a list of modules, the few that I search I can't seem to find:

GPU Turbo Boost
Greenify4Magisk

I've used the search bar without any success. I found these on multiple list online for best modules to install and they are all list from 2019. Is there a reason I can't see them?

Thanks in advance.

If a module is not available on the Downloads, then is because the module developer don't want it there or he / she is not supporting it anymore (and it was removed by April/2019 when Magisk changed its module standards).

If you get the module zip somewhere you can flash it: just go to the Modules menu and click on the (+) button. But if it is not being supported anymore, may have incompatibilities with current Magisk/your ROM. Be sure to have backup just in case.

It is not mandatory for modules developers to let their modules on the official Magisk repository.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonhlacerda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilsonhlacerda Ad-Free
4th August 2019, 04:26 PM |#35103  
Thanks Meter: 1,705

More
Quote:

GPU Turbo Boost
Greenify4Magisk

Thanks in advance.

check ur pm.

err on the side of kindness
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
4th August 2019, 04:56 PM |#35104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

So you're currently on Canary and you want to go back to stable? In Magisk Manager| settings, change the update channel to Stable. Go back to the initial screen and swipe down to force a refresh. It should say:
Magisk is up to date
Installed: 19.4-736729f5(19307)
Latest: 19.3 (19300)

Now just click on Install and do a direct install, same as you normally do.

Many thanks just what I needed.
4th August 2019, 04:58 PM |#35105  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Need some help here. Please and thanks. Htc U11 device. And currently using 19.3 magisk. I cannot get the app to check for updates. I have tried core only mode, I have tried completely uninstalling magisk and then reinstalling it. I can never get it to check for updates. Anyone else experience this? I did some searching but couldn't really find anything. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190804-085450.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	4801702
4th August 2019, 05:16 PM |#35106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbb3393

Need some help here. Please and thanks. Htc U11 device. And currently using 19.3 magisk. I cannot get the app to check for updates. I have tried core only mode, I have tried completely uninstalling magisk and then reinstalling it. I can never get it to check for updates. Anyone else experience this? I did some searching but couldn't really find anything. Thanks.

Try on different wifi, data.

Are you running any adblocker, host file, pi-hole, or similar?
Custom DNS?
Firewall?

Maybe that is blocking it or some traffic route problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilsonhlacerda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilsonhlacerda Ad-Free
4th August 2019, 05:19 PM |#35107  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda

Try on different wifi, data.

Are you running any adblocker, host file, pi-hole, or similar?
Custom DNS?
Firewall?

Maybe that is blocking it or some traffic route problem.

Oh man!! Do I feel stupid/silly. I have always used the same adblocking hosts with no problems with magisk, but it seems that was the issue. Been driving myself crazy past week trying to figure it out. Always do simple.
Thanks @wilsonhlacerda
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbb3393 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jbb3393 Ad-Free
4th August 2019, 05:34 PM |#35108  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Magisk wiped my data (factory reset) when I pressed "reboot to recovery". All of my personal files are gone now. Any ideas what happened there? It just went straight to "factory reset" reboot.

Any chances of getting the files back? Recovery programs don't help much.
4th August 2019, 07:17 PM |#35109  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
How to root dual boot rom?

Please help me
4th August 2019, 08:32 PM |#35110  
Thanks Meter: 1,045

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morcio

Magisk wiped my data (factory reset) when I pressed "reboot to recovery". All of my personal files are gone now. Any ideas what happened there? It just went straight to "factory reset" reboot.

When reporting problems you need to provide details about your phone, firmware, etc
It wasn't Magisk who erased, but you who pressed/accepted Factory reset

Eg, if you were maybe on Huawei with Nougat, it is bug in Magisk v19.x (fixed in Magisk v19.4 Canary) - you just had to ignore its asking to do Factory reset, flash back Boot image with Magisk v18.x, or stock Boot image (without Magisk), and there would be no problem with 'corrupted' Storage, etc
It was asked/reported/answered several times in this thread, it can be found by searching (for the phone, firmware)

If you eg maintained TWRP backups, you can restore your old config, with data, etc
The Following User Says Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
4th August 2019, 08:39 PM |#35111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morcio

Weird. Probably a bug of your recovery (twrp?), I mean, the one / version of your device or even a bug of Magisk with your device.
Which Magisk Manager version?
Which recovery and version?
Which device brand, model, variant?

If it really wiped Data I think you have nothing to do, unfortunately. But recover previous backup that you may have.

Anyway, I do suggest you to try repeat what you have done, just to be sure it can be always reproduced. Maybe get logs. And then let Magisk/recovey developers know about the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonhlacerda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilsonhlacerda Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)