FORUMS

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,844 posts
Thanks Meter: 60,142

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 03:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
14th February 2020, 02:22 AM |#38301  
Flag Wuxi
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnkeN_TiGeR

I'm on feb

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I suppose you could try to fastboot boot tulsadiver's core only boot image from January. Worst case it does not boot and you are just back to where you are.
14th February 2020, 04:21 AM |#38302  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
When I try to install Magisk from Magisk Manager, I only get two options -- no "Direct download"
How do I resolve this?

using Magisk Manager 7.5.1 on Teracube One with an oem provided patched bootloader
14th February 2020, 04:27 AM |#38303  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Just to be sure, Magisk spoofs bootloader unlock status, right? I remember when I unlocked the bootloader of my OP7Pro, the option became greyed out. I think this happened after flashing Magisk, but now I can toggle the option. I'm a bit worried about this since this is my first non old Samsung device.
14th February 2020, 06:38 AM |#38304  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Maybe this stack exchange discussion will help.

Thnx, I'd seen that thread before but only read OP which solution wasn't what i needel
After reading the whole thread i found the problem, I've previously been trying to place the symlink in the emulated path to the local storage. The actual locations and root explorer was all i needed.
Well, that and supposably global namespace but it seemed to work either way when creating the symlink so I'm not sure how important it is, but i changed namespace just to be sure.
Thnx again
14th February 2020, 09:33 AM |#38305  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZiii

I'm already using rclone but neither rclone or fbind seem to work for creating a symlink. I misspoke when asking about bind because binding a folder copies the files, making them take up space on both locations. I want to use this to save space which is why i need symlink.
I've come across a few apps that either don't let you access files from the sd card or choose the sd card as download location.
So I'd like a symlink on my local storage where i can access sd card files in a specific folder and even save files to that location and have it saved on my sd card instead.
Cloning the folders could still be useful here but i don't have the storage needed for that.
Any help or just pointing me in the right direction where i could get the help would be appreciated

Sorry for ot.
As far as I understand it, bind doesn't actually copy the files it only makes a 'permanent link' to the location. Because the system can't tell the difference in some cases it doesn't count the available space correctly.
14th February 2020, 11:05 PM |#38306  
Flag Valongo
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I want to uninstall magisk (restore image, not completelly remove) in order to update my ROM and keep root.

However, when I press "restore images" I get a message saying that there is no stock backup!!

I have an unpatched boot.img file in my computer. Can I put it in my phone so that magisk can find it?

If yes, where should I put it (path)?

Thank you

Enviado do meu HD1910 através do Tapatalk
14th February 2020, 11:30 PM |#38307  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomaoa

I want to uninstall magisk (restore image, not completelly remove) in order to update my ROM and keep root.

However, when I press "restore images" I get a message saying that there is no stock backup!!

I have an unpatched boot.img file in my computer. Can I put it in my phone so that magisk can find it?

If yes, where should I put it (path)?

Thank you

Can you just fastboot flash the stock image from your computer?

The stock backups are usually at /data/magisk_backup_{sha1}/boot.img.gz
14th February 2020, 11:58 PM |#38308  
Flag Valongo
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Can you just fastboot flash the stock image from your computer?

The stock backups are usually at /data/magisk_backup_{sha1}/boot.img.gz

Yes I can flash the stock boot. However if I do that I Will loose root.

There is no magisk folder under /data folder. Is there any way I can put my stock boot img file there?

15th February 2020, 01:34 AM |#38309  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 482

More
I have root on my SM-T295 A8 tablet!!

Attached boot.tar file is for XXU2ASL3 only.

T295-Magisk-AP.tar

Okay, after multiple failed attempts, I read about a method to root my T295. It did not work!! But, I decided to just use Magisk Manager on the boot.img file only. The resultant file would not flash - it will fail. The original boot.img & recovery.img files are 65,536K bytes each. I had to take the Magisk modified boot.img and overlay it onto the original boot.ing file. I did the same for the recovery.img. Then the files would flash successfully. The first thing after booting was to check Magisk Manager. It showed I have Magisk 20.3 installed. So, I tested this with Root Explorer. I did have root!!

If you are going to try this, you need to unlock your boot loader, I think. I have not tried this with a locked bootloader.
15th February 2020, 02:09 AM |#38310  
Flag Wuxi
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomaoa

Yes I can flash the stock boot. However if I do that I Will loose root.

There is no magisk folder under /data folder. Is there any way I can put my stock boot img file there?

If you want to do the OTA method and their is not backup of stock boot, flash stock and reboot then reroot with magisk. It should create a backup of stock when you reroot. Then you can go back to the step where you got stuck. You will not be able to manually insert a backup boot onto the device, magisk must create it.

You should be able to put your boot.img in you phone storage, click install magisk, select patch boot image, select saved image, and when it patches it a backup should be created.
The Following User Says Thank You to wangdaning For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wangdaning Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 12:48 PM |#38311  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Hi,

is there any way to get Magisk Logs from before a restart or alternatively to gather Magisk Logs without root access?

Magisk 20.3 seems to crash randomly over night on my device (Magisk Manager shows Magisk not installed until I reboot) causing the device to be super laggy (like 1 Minute to even open Magisk Manager or another app). I am currently on Android 10, Havoc Rom on a Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Thanks!
tau.gi.mo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)