FORUMS

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,844 posts
Thanks Meter: 60,360

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
26th March 2020, 03:12 AM |#39011  
Flag Muntinlupa
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Forgot to un-hide Magisk Manager Before Dirty Flashing a ROM
Hi guys!

I hid Magisk Manager and forgot to un-hide it when I dirty flashed an update to my custom ROM. After dirty flashing the ROM, I installed Magisk again thru TWRP. When the phone booted up, I checked Magisk Manager and it displays "Magisk not installed" but there was a system message that shows "Magisk Manager has been denied superuser rights". I then realized that this was because of the hidden Magisk Manager that I forgot to un-hide.

I checked if I still have root and yes I still have it. I noticed that the "hidden" Magisk Manager still works when an app is asking for root.

My problem now is that I have two Magisk Manager installed. The hidden Magisk Manager doesn't show up in the app list but it still works in the background.

How can I uninstall the "not hidden" Magisk Manager and recover the hidden Magisk Manager that still works?

Thanks.
26th March 2020, 03:27 AM |#39012  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGoss

Check that Magisk hide is enabled in Magisk Manager.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Hmm that worked. Unhid then rehid and its now back to passed. Not sure what caused it in the first place to be "unhidden" though.

Thanks.
26th March 2020, 10:09 AM |#39013  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanshin

Hmm that worked. Unhid then rehid and its now back to passed. Not sure what caused it in the first place to be "unhidden" though.

Thanks.

I have put that too, every time I restart the mobile the "hide" does not work, you have to enter the manager to unmark and remakr, you can also notice that if you uncheck it, the hide option in the manager does not disappear until close and re-enter the application

Is it a manager fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz2

testing, I have noticed something that may be a failure (or at least the previous version I used of the manager did not work like this)
I have a "hidden" application with magisk hide, but every time I restart the phone, the application it asks me for root permission, despite the fact that I have it "hidden", so to don't ask me, I have to go to the manager, go to settings, unmark and redial "magisk hide"
this is normal?
I have also seen that if I uncheck magisk hide in the menu it continues showing, until I close the manager and go back in, before it was not like this, is it a failure? or it just happens to me

I attach the log, you see that at startup it loads the list of "hide" but it does not work until I uncheck the option of hide and I check again

26th March 2020, 10:34 AM |#39014  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 29

More
My Asus ROG Phone 2 magidisk says: ctsProfile: false, what does it mean?
26th March 2020, 11:23 AM |#39015  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 9,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaifullah.ahad

My Asus ROG Phone 2 magidisk says: ctsProfile: false, what does it mean?

Could be a few reasons...
  • If both CTS and basic integrity are failing you might get things to work by enabling MagiskHide, or by toggling it off and on if it's already enabled.
  • If it's only CTS that fails you might be able to fix it by changing the device fingerprint.
  • Etc...

Take a look here for more details:
https://didgeridoohan.com/magisk/Mag...e#hn_SafetyNet
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 12:48 PM |#39016  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thanks
26th March 2020, 02:37 PM |#39017  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 145

More
I see the stable 0.24 is out. Any idea why Magisk does not recognize or has pushed the update yet?
26th March 2020, 02:46 PM |#39018  
Flag Ogulin
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrencoakley

I see the stable 0.24 is out. Any idea why Magisk does not recognize or has pushed the update yet?

20.04 is beta release, not stable.
The Following User Says Thank You to scrin378 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scrin378 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 02:49 PM |#39019  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrencoakley

Magisk 20.4 is still beta. Johnwu has stated it on his twitter.
The Following User Says Thank You to zputnyq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zputnyq Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 05:36 PM |#39020  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zputnyq

Magisk 20.4 is still beta. Johnwu has stated it on his twitter.

Apparently magisk hide or safety net is failing since yesterday, when changing account Gmail detects the root and the cell phone must be restarted so that it does not detect it, at least in Pokémon go, it continues to work It is only necessary to restart the cell phone but possibly it detects now when changing accounts, it may be more detectable later
26th March 2020, 05:47 PM |#39021  
Thanks Meter: 667

More
My Pixel 3XL is still passing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)