FORUMS

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,845 posts
Thanks Meter: 60,571

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
23rd May 2020, 06:26 AM |#40011  
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9,825

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxperiaz3

Hi guys . Having a little bother with my phone. Oneplus 7pro,running android 10 and latest magisk and twrp. I went to install a substratum lite systemui overlay and my phone went into a bootloop. I can still boot into twrp and my phone comes up on my pc with all my folders etc. I ran mm manager and disabled all magisk modules except mm but the phone still fails to boot. Could someone maybe point me in the right direction? First bootloop and its a little stressful. Thanks

Edit: turned on core only mode and still getting a bootloop. I'm really confused,seems like no matter what I do it wont start but the only changes I recently made were all modules I was able to disable with Magisk manager. Do i need to fully uninstall them instead?

Check in /data/adb/post-fs-data.d and service.d if there are any boot scripts related to the module placed there. If so they aren't automatically affected by disabling the module or enabling Core Only Mode and need to be removed/disabled manually.

If there aren't any scripts related to the module there it sounds like the module did do something that messed with your device... A reflash of your system partition might help, but a wipe may be necessary. I would check with the module developer first though. They might have more insight, or have special instructions for how to remove the module.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 09:07 AM |#40012  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
23rd May 2020, 11:54 AM |#40014  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eedo

Hi buddy,

I was facing the same problem with banking apps (STC Pay, Alrajhi Mobile)

I found the Solution for that just change your Magisk to Magisk Canary & everything works like a charm 🙂

Here's the link for Magisk Canary:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...-t3839337/amp/

Please let me know when you done & hit the like if its work

thanks ... it work now
جزاك الله خير
23rd May 2020, 12:01 PM |#40015  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Check in /data/adb/post-fs-data.d and service.d if there are any boot scripts related to the module placed there. If so they aren't automatically affected by disabling the module or enabling Core Only Mode and need to be removed/disabled manually.

If there aren't any scripts related to the module there it sounds like the module did do something that messed with your device... A reflash of your system partition might help, but a wipe may be necessary. I would check with the module developer first though. They might have more insight, or have special instructions for how to remove the module.

Hi, so I managed to uninstall Magisk and it boots up just fine, however I tried to reinstall and then we go back to a bootloop. Is there any fix for this? I'd love to just be able to reflash magisk and keep all my data but i'm a bit out of my depth here.
23rd May 2020, 12:25 PM |#40016  
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi, so I managed to uninstall Magisk and it boots up just fine, however I tried to reinstall and then we go back to a bootloop. Is there any fix for this? I'd love to just be able to reflash magisk and keep all my data but i'm a bit out of my depth here.

That probably mean that there is something active still. If you have disabled or uninstalled the module the most likely culprit is a boot script in post-fs-data.d or service.d (like I wrote earlier). Have you checked that?

Or did you do a complete uninstall of Magisk? If so you've got something else going on.

Providing a boot logcat might show something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 01:26 PM |#40017  

More
Quote:

That probably mean that there is something active still. If you have disabled or uninstalled the module the most likely culprit is a boot script in post-fs-data.d or service.d (like I wrote earlier). Have you checked that?

Or did you do a complete uninstall of Magisk? If so you've got something else going on.

Providing a boot logcat might show something.

I did a complete uninstall of magisk. Boots up perfectly without root, back to bootloader to reinstall latest magisk and then it bootloops again. I'll try and get a boot logcat now

Edit: Do i need the log of it booting into a loop or booting to system?
23rd May 2020, 01:46 PM |#40018  
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Edit: Do i need the log of it booting into a loop or booting to system?

Seeing a boot to a working system may of course be interesting for any kind of comparison that could be made, but the bootloop is what we are interested in here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 01:53 PM |#40019  

More
Quote:

Seeing a boot to a working system may of course be interesting for any kind of comparison that could be made, but the bootloop is what we are interested in here.

I understand. I wasnt sure if a working boot would still retain the information you needed about the bootloop. As you can see i'm a noob when it comes to rooting. I think I have the bootlog in this text file. I ran the adb bootlog and then hit reboot with the magisk 20.4 flashed. Please let me know if I did it correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Magisk Bootloop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (15.8 KB, 16 views)
23rd May 2020, 02:01 PM |#40020  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...e#hn_SafetyNet

Thanks working fine now
23rd May 2020, 03:06 PM |#40021  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm having a problem flashing magisk in project treble ROMs, the installation is always successful from TWRP but it stucks in the first boot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)