FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 57,063

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
20th July 2019, 11:17 PM |#34901  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercifool

When i try to remove system app it say successful but when i restart the phone it still there,

If you really want to delete files from /system try to delete them from /sbin/.magisk/mirror/system instead. After a reboot they should be history.. (Just verified: Adding files to mirror/system will make them available in TWRP in /system; deleting them from mirror/system will make them vanish even in TWRP.)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free

20th July 2019, 11:44 PM |#34902  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artim_96

Well, since it won't give you any space benefits, why don't you just build a Magisk module that replaces the apks with empty files? That way you'll have the same effect plus they can't come back through a system update

This module already exists: Debloater

Another related and also useful one: App Systemizer
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonhlacerda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilsonhlacerda Ad-Free
20th July 2019, 11:58 PM |#34903  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So I installed Magisk on my S8+ (Exynos) from the official XDA threat. I used TWRP to install it. After installing it, I noticed my video camera functionality was gone. I can take pictures, but when I switch to video mode, I get the message; "cannot connect to camera". Running an unofficial Linage OS 16 ROM. Note the recording featured worked fine prior to the Magisk installation. I also cannot send a pre-recorded video using Instagram etc.
21st July 2019, 12:48 AM |#34904  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuwahhh

So I installed Magisk on my S8+ (Exynos) from the official XDA threat. I used TWRP to install it. After installing it, I noticed my video camera functionality was gone. I can take pictures, but when I switch to video mode, I get the message; "cannot connect to camera". Running an unofficial Linage OS 16 ROM. Note the recording featured worked fine prior to the Magisk installation. I also cannot send a pre-recorded video using Instagram etc.

First, on Magisk settings set it for Core Only, reboot and check if the bug is gone. If so, then is a problem of some module you are using.

Second, completely uninstall Magisk with the help of Uninstaller (or restore your nandroid backup done just before Magisk install), reboot and check if the bug is gone. If so, then is a problem of Magisk itself, but I really doubt it. If that's the case, logs may help developers.
21st July 2019, 01:51 AM |#34905  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,279

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tried core only mode. Didnt work. I manage to delete some app in the system/priv-app, but couldn't find most of the annoyjng app xD

some apps might b installed in data partition if theyre not on vendor or system
21st July 2019, 01:53 AM |#34906  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,279

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbiter

I have oem unlocking turned off on my pixel 2 after rooting with magisk. I turned it off a while back to see if it was preventing me from receiving update and I'm still able to fastboot flash updates.

It doesn't fix the Netflix issue for me though, still shows up as incompatible despite the play store being certified.

thats bcuz toggling the switch doesnt disable or enable bl unlock, it simply allows or denys the ability to bl unlock
21st July 2019, 05:51 AM |#34907  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 103

More
I can't get magiskhide to hide my isp app. Kinda need it to pay my bill. Any ideas?

Using 19.3
21st July 2019, 06:59 AM |#34908  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda

First, on Magisk settings set it for Core Only, reboot and check if the bug is gone. If so, then is a problem of some module you are using.

Second, completely uninstall Magisk with the help of Uninstaller (or restore your nandroid backup done just before Magisk install), reboot and check if the bug is gone. If so, then is a problem of Magisk itself, but I really doubt it. If that's the case, logs may help developers.

So I tried your solutions.
Neither seemed to fix anything. I guess it's back to One UI for me :/
21st July 2019, 07:05 AM |#34909  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 7,453

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

I can't get magiskhide to hide my isp app. Kinda need it to pay my bill. Any ideas?

Using 19.3

https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...root_from_apps
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
21st July 2019, 07:52 AM |#34910  
Thanks Meter: 1,054

More
Quote:

Tried core only mode. Didnt work. I manage to delete some app in the system/priv-app, but couldn't find most of the annoyjng app xD

Use eg AppInspector to find exact path for each application or service:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.appinspector
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190721_084903.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	4795251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190721_085134.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	4795252  
21st July 2019, 07:53 AM |#34911  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuwahhh

So I tried your solutions.
Neither seemed to fix anything. I guess it's back to One UI for me :/

So it is not a problem of Magisk. It is a problem of your ROM camera app.

It is common to have CM/LOS camera problems with Samsung devices. Probably your case. Check the thread of the ROM you are using. Maybe it is only an specific resolution or so (then a clear data of the camera app may help)

You can also try alternative cameras like gcam (if mod available for your device), open camera, and others from Google Play.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonhlacerda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilsonhlacerda Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)