5th July 2018, 10:32 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

Hi @DenyDarko,

Please, can you update your module? It doesn't install with last version of Magisk. Futhermore, it will be interesting to include all binaries: sqlite3.arm; sqlite3.arm64; sqlite3.x64; etc. and add a symlink for the run architecture to "sqlite3". And last, publish it in the official repository.

Thank you!

@ianmacd added an updated version to the official repo already
The Following User Says Thank You to DenyDarko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DenyDarko Ad-Free
6th July 2018, 09:23 AM |#12  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 3,389

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenyDarko

@ianmacd added an updated version to the official repo already

Ha. I didn't know there was already an SQLite module. I checked the official Magisk repo and didn't find one, so I made one for my own use and submitted it so that others could hopefully benefit from the work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ianmacd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ianmacd Ad-Free
6th July 2018, 09:55 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd

Ha. I didn't know there was already an SQLite module. I checked the official Magisk repo and didn't find one, so I made one for my own use and submitted it so that others could hopefully benefit from the work.

I even use yours now myself xD
6th July 2018, 08:21 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
@DenyDarko
Can you somehow check if this sqlite3 works ?
20th July 2018, 11:03 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:

Hi @ianmacd,

I installed your Magisk module. However, I found a trouble: when enabling your module, the SafetyNet check never completes or indicates "the response is invalid".

So, please verify or review your module. Only disabling it the SafetyNet continues working well.
Or almost, put this info in the description, because your module is now in the official repository.

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to manos78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manos78 Ad-Free
20th July 2018, 11:27 AM |#16  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 8,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

Hi @ianmacd,

I installed your Magisk module. However, I found a trouble: when enabling your module, the SafetyNet check never completes or indicates "the response is invalid".

So, please verify or review your module. Only disabling it the SafetyNet continues working well.
Or almost, put this info in the description, because your module is now in the official repository.

Regards.

The issue might be that the module mounts the binary to /system/xbin, and that your device doesn't have a xbin folder by default. This has been known to cause issues, and seem to be even more prevalent on recent Magisk releases. Try changing the modules xbin folder to bin and reboot, to see if it makes any difference.

@ianmacd It's a good idea to look for the existence of xbin at installation and use bin instead if it doesn't exist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
20th July 2018, 01:35 PM |#17  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

The issue might be that the module mounts the binary to /system/xbin, and that your device doesn't have a xbin folder by default. This has been known to cause issues, and seem to be even more prevalent on recent Magisk releases. Try changing the modules xbin folder to bin and reboot, to see if it makes any difference.

@ianmacd It's a good idea to look for the existence of xbin at installation and use bin instead if it doesn't exist.

Thanks for the tip, @Didgeridoohan.

I'll have to read up on the Magisk installation environment to ensure that I write the logic in a sane way. By that, I mean, for example, that I'm unsure whether I can just check for [ -d /system/xbin ], or whether I might get a false positive if some other module has erroneously faked the existence of this directory.
20th July 2018, 01:59 PM |#18  
Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'll have to read up on the Magisk installation environment to ensure that I write the logic in a sane way. By that, I mean, for example, that I'm unsure whether I can just check for [ -d /system/xbin ], or whether I might get a false positive if some other module has erroneously faked the existence of this directory.

Good point... Check for /sbin/.core/mirror/system/xbin. That's the untouched /system mirror.
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
20th July 2018, 01:59 PM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,493

More
Quote:

Alternately you can just use bin and forget about xbin. There's really no technical reason to use xbin unless you're installing alternate forms of existing commands.
20th July 2018, 02:02 PM |#20  
Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Alternately you can just use bin and forget about xbin. There's really no technical reason to use xbin unless you're installing alternate forms of existing commands.

That's actually also been known to cause issues on some systems. While investigating issues like this, a while back, I believe it was found that it was most compatible to use xbin if it exists and bin if it doesn't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
20th July 2018, 02:09 PM |#21  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

That's actually also been known to cause issues on some systems. While investigating issues like this, a while back, I believe it was found that it was most compatible to use xbin if it exists and bin if it doesn't.

Thank you, both.

I used /system/xbin simply because others already had, and because the Linux FHS doesn't seem to have any significance on Android. I didn't know that /system/xbin doesn't exist on some devices, but it doesn't surprise me to discover that this is the case.

I'll add the necessary code to the installation script when I have a moment. I should probably spend a few minutes getting to grips with Unity at some point, too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)