[MOD]: Sqlite3 (v3.8.11.1) binary.

Search This thread

DenyDarko

Jun 9, 2010
Athens
Hello everyone :)

Well... Not much to say.

I've made that very simple module for my personal use and just sharing it with the community in case anyone needs it.

What it does it really simple.

It installs (or replaces) sqlite3 binary in /system/bin to be used by any app or from terminal.

It's for ARM7 only.

Have fun :)

Credits: @topjohnwu for the template and @tech128 for the binary used.

Attachments

• sqlite3-arm7.zip
    458.2 KB · Views: 1,204
Last edited:
Reactions: manos78 and MBariya

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Yes, it will work. However my situation is a bit complex that I call sqlite from Tasker and there is a bug in Tasker's that Tasker will invoke 64 bit libraries and throw error even if sqlite is 32 bit.

There is a work around but a bit complex so I am searching for 64 bit binary...

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005

DenyDarko

Jun 9, 2010
Athens
Haha! Thanks.... Actually I had been trying very hard to resist the urge to build one myself (too lazy....). Maybe I should starting setup the tool train now....

Anyway thanks!

It's not that hard and it's fun. Plus this git contains a customised sqlite for android.

It's not like building a kernel or smth. Give it a try xD

Last edited:

manos78

Jan 17, 2014
Hi @DenyDarko,

Please, can you update your module? It doesn't install with last version of Magisk. Futhermore, it will be interesting to include all binaries: sqlite3.arm; sqlite3.arm64; sqlite3.x64; etc. and add a symlink for the run architecture to "sqlite3". And last, publish it in the official repository.

Thank you!

Reactions: Tr4sHCr4fT

DenyDarko

Jun 9, 2010
Athens
Hi @DenyDarko,

Please, can you update your module? It doesn't install with last version of Magisk. Futhermore, it will be interesting to include all binaries: sqlite3.arm; sqlite3.arm64; sqlite3.x64; etc. and add a symlink for the run architecture to "sqlite3". And last, publish it in the official repository.

Thank you!
@ianmacd added an updated version to the official repo already :)

Reactions: manos78

manos78

Jan 17, 2014
Ha. I didn't know there was already an SQLite module. I checked the official Magisk repo and didn't find one, so I made one for my own use and submitted it so that others could hopefully benefit from the work.
Hi @ianmacd,

I installed your Magisk module. However, I found a trouble: when enabling your module, the SafetyNet check never completes or indicates "the response is invalid".

So, please verify or review your module. Only disabling it the SafetyNet continues working well.
Or almost, put this info in the description, because your module is now in the official repository.

Regards.

Reactions: ianmacd

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Hi @ianmacd,

I installed your Magisk module. However, I found a trouble: when enabling your module, the SafetyNet check never completes or indicates "the response is invalid".

So, please verify or review your module. Only disabling it the SafetyNet continues working well.
Or almost, put this info in the description, because your module is now in the official repository.

Regards.

The issue might be that the module mounts the binary to /system/xbin, and that your device doesn't have a xbin folder by default. This has been known to cause issues, and seem to be even more prevalent on recent Magisk releases. Try changing the modules xbin folder to bin and reboot, to see if it makes any difference.
@ianmacd It's a good idea to look for the existence of xbin at installation and use bin instead if it doesn't exist.

The issue might be that the module mounts the binary to /system/xbin, and that your device doesn't have a xbin folder by default. This has been known to cause issues, and seem to be even more prevalent on recent Magisk releases. Try changing the modules xbin folder to bin and reboot, to see if it makes any difference.

@ianmacd It's a good idea to look for the existence of xbin at installation and use bin instead if it doesn't exist.

Thanks for the tip, @Didgeridoohan.

I'll have to read up on the Magisk installation environment to ensure that I write the logic in a sane way. By that, I mean, for example, that I'm unsure whether I can just check for [ -d /system/xbin ], or whether I might get a false positive if some other module has erroneously faked the existence of this directory.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6

I'll have to read up on the Magisk installation environment to ensure that I write the logic in a sane way. By that, I mean, for example, that I'm unsure whether I can just check for [ -d /system/xbin ], or whether I might get a false positive if some other module has erroneously faked the existence of this directory.

Good point... Check for /sbin/.core/mirror/system/xbin. That's the untouched /system mirror.

jcmm11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Alternately you can just use bin and forget about xbin. There's really no technical reason to use xbin unless you're installing alternate forms of existing commands.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Alternately you can just use bin and forget about xbin. There's really no technical reason to use xbin unless you're installing alternate forms of existing commands.

That's actually also been known to cause issues on some systems. While investigating issues like this, a while back, I believe it was found that it was most compatible to use xbin if it exists and bin if it doesn't.

Reactions: ianmacd and jcmm11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's actually also been known to cause issues on some systems. While investigating issues like this, a while back, I believe it was found that it was most compatible to use xbin if it exists and bin if it doesn't.

@jcmm11 @manos78 @Didgeridoohan

Hi chaps,

As promised, I have added the necessary logic to the installation script, and the binary is now installed in /system/xbin if it's available, otherwise /system/bin.

I've already pushed v1.1 of the module to the official repo. Thanks for the bug report and tips on how best to fix it.
    Hello everyone :)

Well... Not much to say.

I've made that very simple module for my personal use and just sharing it with the community in case anyone needs it.

What it does it really simple.

It installs (or replaces) sqlite3 binary in /system/bin to be used by any app or from terminal.

It's for ARM7 only.

Have fun :)

Credits: @topjohnwu for the template and @tech128 for the binary used.
    @ianmacd added an updated version to the official repo already :)

Ha. I didn't know there was already an SQLite module. I checked the official Magisk repo and didn't find one, so I made one for my own use and submitted it so that others could hopefully benefit from the work.

Hi @DenyDarko,

Thank you!