FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] Adfree YouTube Template

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By vemacs, Member on 5th January 2017, 11:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I couldn't find an existing way to replace the YouTube APK without modifying /system and triggering SafetyNet, so I made a template module for this.

You will need to uninstall all updates to the YouTube app (disable and re-enable it in settings) and disable automatic updates for it in the Play Store before installing this module.

Just download the zip file and replace system/app/YouTube/YouTube.apk in the ZIP file (using 7zip or similar, I've also had success with MiXplorer) with your preferred YouTube APK, and install it in Magisk Manager. You probably need root to run this. Here are the replacements that I use, although you can use literally anything (OG YouTube, etc...):

http://arter97.com/browse/youtube/adaway/

Hope this helps somebody. To update, replace the APK in the ZIP file again, and install the new module. If you are running a full ROM under Magisk, this likely won't work and you should put YouTube in your ROM's ZIP file instead.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adfree-youtube-magisk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.7 KB, 7036 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to vemacs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vemacs Ad-Free

6th January 2017, 05:24 AM |#2  
Flag Nazareth, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,218

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vemacs

I couldn't find an existing way to replace the YouTube APK without modifying /system and triggering SafetyNet, so I made a template module for this. Just download the zip file and replace system/app/YouTube/YouTube.apk in the ZIP file (using 7zip or similar) with your preferred YouTube APK, and install it in Magisk Manager. Here are the replacements that I use, although you can use literally anything:

Hope this helps somebody. To update, uninstall the existing module, replace the APK in the ZIP file again, and install the new module.

your module does not work it gave me an error when instaling from TWRP and it does not install as a module
6th January 2017, 09:06 AM |#3  
Flag Halstenbek
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:

I couldn't find an existing way to replace the YouTube APK without modifying /system and triggering SafetyNet, so I made a template module for this. Just download the zip file and replace system/app/YouTube/YouTube.apk in the ZIP file (using 7zip or similar) with your preferred YouTube APK, and install it in Magisk Manager. Here are the replacements that I use, although you can use literally anything:

Hope this helps somebody. To update, uninstall the existing module, replace the APK in the ZIP file again, and install the new module.

Galaxy S7 Edge Renovate Nougat

Have Bootloop. :/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
6th January 2017, 11:26 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Works for me on a OnePlus 3. Did you put in your YouTube.apk properly, and have you checked that your ROM has the YouTube app in /system/app/YouTube and not /system/priv-app/YouTube? What program did you use to put your YouTube.apk in the zip file?

For reference, I've attached a ZIP file that works on my phone (arm64 480dpi OP3 running Nougat). It should work for arm64 <=480dpi phones that have the original YouTube app in /system/app/YouTube.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adfree-youtube-magisk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (18.15 MB, 308 views)
6th January 2017, 12:56 PM |#5  
Flag Nazareth, PA

Donate to Me
More
The new attachment worked installing as a module but the YouTube app gives error, it doesn't connect on mobile data or Wi-Fi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170106-075316.png
Views:	2072
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	3992656  
6th January 2017, 12:59 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
You have to make your own ZIP file and put your own YouTube.apk in... Please read the instructions.
6th January 2017, 01:02 PM |#7  
Flag Nazareth, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You have to make your own ZIP file and put your own YouTube.apk in... Please read the instructions.

For you information I did read the instructions and followed them I am running a whole magisk Rom as a magisk module and couple of other modules, your module does not work in my configuration maybe works for someone else
6th January 2017, 01:05 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA

For you information I did read the instructions and followed them I am running a whole magisk Rom as a magisk module and couple of other modules, your module does not work in my configuration maybe works for someone else

I think that's probably the issue, the full ROM is causing some incompatibility with this mount (broken Google play services, etc...?) I'll add that to the readme. You can try modifying your ROM's ZIP to include the YouTube.apk.
6th January 2017, 01:47 PM |#9  
Flag Halstenbek
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Zoidberg

Galaxy S7 Edge Renovate Nougat

Have Bootloop. :/

Edit Works Good i have og YouTube App with backgtound play.

6th January 2017, 05:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Zoidberg

Edit Works Good i have og YouTube App with backgtound play.

I wish we could have both ad-free and background play lol
9th January 2017, 02:09 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Magisk manager crashes whenever I apply the zip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)