FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] App Systemizer for Magisk v9/v10/v11/v12/v13/v14

1,105 posts
Thanks Meter: 808

Post Reply Email Thread
Instead of including the third party APK files in the magisk modules/repo, this module, developed by @loserskater and me, systemizes user-installed apps systemlessly thru magisk. Another benefit of systemizing the user-installed apps is that if you uninstall magisk, your settings for the apps will be retained. If you originally install any of the apps above thru an app-specific magisk module (like Pixel Launcher magisk module for example), then when magisk is uninstalled or disabled, app settings will be gone.

If you're on Oreo ROM, you will need this add-on developed by @yochananmarqos: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...elist-t3670646

This module requires installation from Magisk Manager, not recovery.

This module might lead to your device stuck on logo or booting to recovery, I gather it might be a kernel issue -- the closer you're to stock firmware/kernel the more likely it is to work. If it fails, try the "Terminal App Systemizer" instead.

Important links:
NOW IN OFFICIAL MAGISK REPO!

11.0.6: This is the last "classic/simple" version I could get from github, (11.0.6) which might fail on the larger APKs but doesn't include magisk partition resizing code which might cause problems. It also does NOT include a companion app.

12.0.5: This is the latest "stable" version with the companion app. Based on pre-"magisk 13" template (version 3), but seems to work with magisk 13.

14.0.0: This is the 12.0.5 version migrated to 1400 template (released with magisk 14). Not tested by me, so use at your own risk (but please post back wherever it does/does not work).

The source code (with history) is available here if anyone wants to continue development: https://github.com/stangri/AppSystemizer
Attached Files
File Type: zip AppSystemizer-11.0.6.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.6 KB, 4536 views)
File Type: zip AppSystemizer-12.0.5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 5912 views)
File Type: zip AppSystemizer-14.0.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.42 MB, 25174 views)
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free

10th October 2016, 11:01 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
So since the new apk for Pixel Launcher is available and it has a different signature than previously leaked apk files, here's the list of steps you need to take to replace your Pixel Launcher if used with this module:
1. Go to Magisk Manager and delete (or disable) the App Systemizer module.
2. Reboot.
3. After step 2 your Pixel Launcher should no longer be a system app and you should be able to uninstall old Pixel Launcher -- do so (with your favourite root uninstall app or thru System Settings -> Apps -> Pixel Launcher -> Uninstall).
4. Install the new Pixel Launcher.
5. Add again (or reactivate) the App Systemizer module.
6. Reboot TWICE.
7. The new Pixel Launcher should be active and working as a system app now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
10th October 2016, 10:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
ForceDoze
12th October 2016, 04:57 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playe

ForceDoze

Please try the attached ZIP after you have installed the app from the play store and remember to reboot twice. Post back if it works and why do you need it to be a system app.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AppSystemizer-FD.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.1 KB, 2752 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
13th October 2016, 08:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Does this essentially make it a system app without it actually being in the system, or am I not understanding this correctly?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
13th October 2016, 10:10 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwsr6

Does this essentially make it a system app without it actually being in the system?

Precisely, it makes the user-installed app a system app without actually modifying the /system partition.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
14th October 2016, 01:02 AM |#7  

More
Can it support Cerberus anti-theft?

14th October 2016, 01:13 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can it support Cerberus anti-theft?

It sure can, I'm not sure if the "magiskized" Cerberus would survive data reset tho. Can you try it out please? Just make sure to reboot TWICE after installing the attached module before the big reset.
14th October 2016, 01:47 AM |#9  

More
OK. It will be this weekend before I can get to it. Doing all the research and downloading ahead of time. Figured I would try some of this systemless stuff out before upgrading to far. Not upgrading to N yet but is this systemmless stuff seem to be working OK with N?

14th October 2016, 02:15 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK. It will be this weekend before I can get to it. Doing all the research and downloading ahead of time. Figured I would try some of this systemless stuff out before upgrading to far. Not upgrading to N yet but is this systemmless stuff seem to be working OK with N?

Smart move. Yeah, no major issues on Nexus 6 and released Nougat. DP5 was draining my battery, but that seems to have been fixed in the release build. There seems to be a problem with magisk CACHE modules (they don't install on Nexus 6) but these are far and few between.

BTW, OTAs which affect the boot partition will kill magiskized Cerberus until you reflash magisk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
15th October 2016, 05:48 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

Smart move. Yeah, no major issues on Nexus 6 and released Nougat. DP5 was draining my battery, but that seems to have been fixed in the release build. There seems to be a problem with magisk CACHE modules (they don't install on Nexus 6) but these are far and few between.

BTW, OTAs which affect the boot partition will kill magiskized Cerberus until you reflash magisk.

Should this make Cerberus show up as a system app in something like Titanium backup? I can't get Cerberus to turn on gps like it would if it was installed as a system app. Shouldn't this allow it to behave like a system app or am I wishing for to much?
FYI
I had Cerberus installed first
Ran the zip file in Magisk
rebooted after install
rebooted again
logged into my Cerberus Dashboard and tried to track my phone and it will not turn on my gps like it will if installed into the system
If this is a limitation that can't be avoided I understand. If I did something wrong or can try something else let me know. Also I did this on my nexus 6 running N. Supersu seems to work and Adaway is installed and seems to be working so far. Latest twrp is also installed, everything is systemless so far. Thanks for your time
The Following User Says Thank You to pnwsr6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pnwsr6 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)