1,124 posts
Thanks Meter: 822

Post Reply Email Thread
15th October 2016, 06:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

Smart move. Yeah, no major issues on Nexus 6 and released Nougat. DP5 was draining my battery, but that seems to have been fixed in the release build. There seems to be a problem with magisk CACHE modules (they don't install on Nexus 6) but these are far and few between.

BTW, OTAs which affect the boot partition will kill magiskized Cerberus until you reflash magisk.

Should this make Cerberus show up as a system app in something like Titanium backup? I can't get Cerberus to turn on gps like it would if it was installed as a system app. Shouldn't this allow it to behave like a system app or am I wishing for to much?
FYI
I had Cerberus installed first
Ran the zip file in Magisk
rebooted after install
rebooted again
logged into my Cerberus Dashboard and tried to track my phone and it will not turn on my gps like it will if installed into the system
If this is a limitation that can't be avoided I understand. If I did something wrong or can try something else let me know. Also I did this on my nexus 6 running N. Supersu seems to work and Adaway is installed and seems to be working so far. Latest twrp is also installed, everything is systemless so far. Thanks for your time
The Following User Says Thank You to pnwsr6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pnwsr6 Ad-Free
15th October 2016, 08:33 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwsr6

Should this make Cerberus show up as a system app in something like Titanium backup? I can't get Cerberus to turn on gps like it would if it was installed as a system app. Shouldn't this allow it to behave like a system app or am I wishing for to much?
FYI
I had Cerberus installed first
Ran the zip file in Magisk
rebooted after install
rebooted again
logged into my Cerberus Dashboard and tried to track my phone and it will not turn on my gps like it will if installed into the system
If this is a limitation that can't be avoided I understand. If I did something wrong or can try something else let me know. Also I did this on my nexus 6 running N. Supersu seems to work and Adaway is installed and seems to be working so far. Latest twrp is also installed, everything is systemless so far. Thanks for your time

If you have a file manager which can browse system partition, can you verify that there's a folder /system/priv-app/CerberusAntiTheft and its permissions are the same as the other folders in /system/priv-app? If it's there and still Cerberus doesn't behave like a proper system app then I don't know what's wrong.

PS. I believe installing twrp prevents OTAs from being installed so kinda contradicts the whole systemless concept. I only boot twrp thru fastboot when needed (usually just once to install magisk/phh root).
15th October 2016, 09:42 PM |#13  

More
Quote:

If you have a file manager which can browse system partition, can you verify that there's a folder /system/priv-app/CerberusAntiTheft and its permissions are the same as the other folders in /system/priv-app? If it's there and still Cerberus doesn't behave like a proper system app then I don't know what's wrong.

PS. I believe installing twrp prevents OTAs from being installed so kinda contradicts the whole systemless concept. I only boot twrp thru fastboot when needed (usually just once to install magisk/phh root).

Do not see it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
15th October 2016, 10:27 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do not see it.

That's weird, but now we found the reason Cerberus is not working as expected.
Can you please check if the following exist:
/magisk/AppSystemizer/system/priv-app/CerberusAntiTheft
/data/app/com.lsdroid.cerberus* (could be -1, -2, etc).

If there's no /data/app/com.lsdroid.cerberus* -- my module couldn't find the installed Cerberus. Can you find out what canonical package ID did they use then?
16th October 2016, 12:49 AM |#15  

More
Quote:

That's weird, but now we found the reason Cerberus is not working as expected.
Can you please check if the following exist:
/magisk/AppSystemizer/system/priv-app/CerberusAntiTheft
/data/app/com.lsdroid.cerberus* (could be -1, -2, etc).

If there's no /data/app/com.lsdroid.cerberus* -- my module couldn't find the installed Cerberus. Can you find out what canonical package ID did they use then?

So I found /magisk/AppSystemizer but no more folders after that. So /system/priv-app/CerberusAntiTheft is missing.

/data/app/com.Isdroid.cerberus-1 directory exists and has the lib and oat directories plus the base.a pk in it. Forgive my lack of knowledge on this but how do I find the canonical package ID?

16th October 2016, 01:44 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Ok, I sincerely hope you just grabbed the attachment from the first post (which I posted before I added Cerberus support) and not from my reply to you down in the thread. Was the ZIP file you installed named AppSystemizer.zip or AppSystemizer-Cerberus.zip?

I still don't want to update the original attachment, so could you please add the ZIP attached to this reply to magisk and then reboot twice.

PS. If you're reading this on mobile, I don't know how the attachments show up for you, but you need the most recent AppSystemizer-Cerberus.zip file from this thread.
16th October 2016, 02:20 AM |#17  

More
OK, so I deleted the old zip, it was AppSystemizer-Cerberus.zip, and removed the module. Rebooted and verified that it was removed from the magisk directory, rebooted one more time, then installed the zip you just posted for me. Rebooted twice. Went through and looked for the directories you had me looking for earlier, and they are still not there. Let me know what else I can do.

16th October 2016, 02:47 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK, so I deleted the old zip, it was AppSystemizer-Cerberus.zip, and removed the module. Rebooted and verified that it was removed from the magisk directory, rebooted one more time, then installed the zip you just posted for me. Rebooted twice. Went through and looked for the directories you had me looking for earlier, and they are still not there. Let me know what else I can do.

Just installed Cerberus app and got it converted to systemless with the module.

Can you PM me (or post here) the magisk log?

PS. Does magisk have root access?
16th October 2016, 03:00 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

Just installed Cerberus app and got it converted to systemless with the module.

Can you PM me (or post here) the magisk log?

PS. Does magisk have root access?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1476579312560.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	3904975
Magisk has root access. Or at least I get the toast notification saying it was granted and it shows up in the SuperSU logs. I'm sure I have done something wrong, or something didn't install correctly. Just not sure what.

16th October 2016, 03:24 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm sure I have done something wrong, or something didn't install correctly. Just not sure what.

I'm sure it's just MM vs N difference and nothing you didn't do. Thanks for sticking by. Can you please try replacing the module with the attached AppSystemizer-debug.zip, rebooting and posting/PMing the log. This version should print stuff to the magisk log file helping me figure out what's going on.

PS. No need to uninstall existing module, just add this ZIP over the old one.
16th October 2016, 04:05 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

I'm sure it's just MM vs N difference and nothing you didn't do. Thanks for sticking by. Can you please try replacing the module with the attached AppSystemizer-debug.zip, rebooting and posting/PMing the log. This version should print stuff to the magisk log file helping me figure out what's going on.

PS. No need to uninstall existing module, just add this ZIP over the old one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1476582998747.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	3904998Click image for larger version

Name:	1476583008409.jpg
Views:	1560
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	3905000

I installed it. Rebooted, twice. In the log I noticed it says the directory doesn't exist? The second screen shot it me going to the directory it says isn't there. Not sure why it doesn't see it. Does it need to have the -1 instead of the * at the end?
There is only one yes on that log
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)