1,124 posts
Thanks Meter: 822

Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2016, 04:05 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

I'm sure it's just MM vs N difference and nothing you didn't do. Thanks for sticking by. Can you please try replacing the module with the attached AppSystemizer-debug.zip, rebooting and posting/PMing the log. This version should print stuff to the magisk log file helping me figure out what's going on.

PS. No need to uninstall existing module, just add this ZIP over the old one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1476582998747.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	3904998Click image for larger version

Name:	1476583008409.jpg
Views:	1560
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	3905000

I installed it. Rebooted, twice. In the log I noticed it says the directory doesn't exist? The second screen shot it me going to the directory it says isn't there. Not sure why it doesn't see it. Does it need to have the -1 instead of the * at the end?
There is only one yes on that log
Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th October 2016, 10:16 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwsr6

I installed it. Rebooted, twice. In the log I noticed it says the directory doesn't exist? The second screen shot it me going to the directory it says isn't there. Not sure why it doesn't see it. Does it need to have the -1 instead of the * at the end?

The attached seems to be working on my Marshmallow VM, I hope it works for you too. BTW, which version of Chainfire's SuperSu do you have installed?
I believe the difference was that PHH's superuser comes packaged with its own busybox and some of its commands seem to work differently from the stock shell.

PS. I still couldn't figure the way to get rid of second reboot, maybe when @topjohnwu is back he can guide me on that.
16th October 2016, 03:24 PM |#23  

More
Quote:

The attached seems to be working on my Marshmallow VM, I hope it works for you too. BTW, which version of Chainfire's SuperSu do you have installed?
I believe the difference was that PHH's superuser comes packaged with its own busybox and some of its commands seem to work differently from the stock shell.

PS. I still couldn't figure the way to get rid of second reboot, maybe when @topjohnwu is back he can guide me on that.

No change. Looked for the folders, not there. SuperSU is 2.78 SR1 also I'm running N not MM. I mentioned it earlier, but it might have been confusing the way I put it at the time.
16th October 2016, 08:53 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No change. Looked for the folders, not there. SuperSU is 2.78 SR1 also I'm running N not MM. I mentioned it earlier, but it might have been confusing the way I put it at the time.

Log please?
16th October 2016, 09:33 PM |#25  

More
Quote:

Log please?

Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161016-143222.png
Views:	534
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	3905803  
16th October 2016, 10:07 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry.

Thanks man and thanks again for sticking by!
So I've restored boot.img, installed SuperSu 2.78.R1, installed magisk, installed Cerberus and added the attached ZIP. On first reboot I could see the module has detected Cerberus, on second reboot I got it in the /system/priv-app.

So sorry about your wasted time, I didn't realize that my test system was so different from the boot environment.

PS. It *should* work with just installing this ZIP over the old module, if it still doesn't, please remove the old module, reboot, install this one and reboot twice.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AppSystemizer1.1.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.4 KB, 94 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
16th October 2016, 11:31 PM |#27  

More
Quote:

Thanks man and thanks again for sticking by!
So I've restored boot.img, installed SuperSu 2.78.R1, installed magisk, installed Cerberus and added the attached ZIP. On first reboot I could see the module has detected Cerberus, on second reboot I got it in the /system/priv-app.

So sorry about your wasted time, I didn't realize that my test system was so different from the boot environment.

PS. It *should* work with just installing this ZIP over the old module, if it still doesn't, please remove the old module, reboot, install this one and reboot twice.

Everything seems to be working so far. It is acting just like as if it was a system app. Will let you know if changes. Thanks so much for your time and effort on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to pnwsr6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pnwsr6 Ad-Free
17th October 2016, 03:49 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Everything seems to be working so far. It is acting just like as if it was a system app. Will let you know if changes. Thanks so much for your time and effort on this.

Cool beans! Just a heads up -- if you leave an option for a thief to reflash the system or just the boot, magisk will be gone and so will systemized Cerberus. So disable access to a power button/power off/restart from the lock screen and disable ADB.
The Following User Says Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
17th October 2016, 03:58 AM |#29  

More
Definitely, and CerberusAntiTheft has that option on disabling the power off on the Lock screen so that is covered. Thanks again for your time and effort.
20th October 2016, 10:23 PM |#30  
Flag Escobar
Thanks Meter: 431

Donate to Me
More
Not sure if i should be thanking you or not,....

I wanted to learn some magisk because i needed what you just did and i will no longer learn XD
21st October 2016, 12:45 AM |#31  

More
I think the new magisk v8 just broke your module. I It doesn't recognize it as a module? Not sure what to do, it was working on v7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)