Search This thread

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks,
but how i can find the App.Systemizer zip for Magisk 18?
In the download section I find the version 17.3.1 compatible with magisk 19 and not for 18.1 (my current version)

I would like to install the module App Systemizer on magisk 18.1
Ah yes, I misread your post, thought you were looking for the magisk zip. In this case I can't really give you more information, but I'm sure the OP can chime in here. Anyway, why are you still on magisk 18, if you don't mind me asking?

Apidea

Jun 1, 2013
Ah yes, I misread your post, thought you were looking for the magisk zip. In this case I can't really give you more information, but I'm sure the OP can chime in here. Anyway, why are you still on magisk 18, if you don't mind me asking?
Sure,
I'm modding a Lg G3 whith Android 6.
I need to pass SafetyNet and I did it only with magisk 18.
Now, i need to convert one app to system app.

chowceal

Mar 29, 2011
using with android 9

stangri, im having an issue with all my background apps being killed off. ive edited my build.prop with sys.keep_app_1=, and that doesnt seem to be working. with system apps having higher priority, do you think there's a better chance of keeping my apps running with this module?

bino_mat

Jan 27, 2020
I am on Android 9 with TWRP and Magisk 20.3 with App Systemizer 17.3.1

When I tried to do the systemize command from terminal,I can see the the directory getting created in the system partion in app or priv-app and an empty lib directory.
Unlike other Application,don’t see oat directory.
Can you pl help me how to go about making the system app?
Thank in advance

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
I am on Android 9 with TWRP and Magisk 20.3 with App Systemizer 17.3.1

When I tried to do the systemize command from terminal,I can see the the directory getting created in the system partion in app or priv-app and an empty lib directory.
Unlike other Application,don’t see oat directory.
Can you pl help me how to go about making the system app?
Thank in advance
Hello, you seem to be lost. I think you meant to post in the [Terminal] App Systemizer thread. ;)

unl0ck

Feb 10, 2020
Magisk/EdXposed as system apps?

Which apps are safe to set as system apps? Can I set Magisk (I read somewhere that I shouldn't) and/or EdXposed Manager as a system app?
Also, would it be safe to set Magisk- and/or EdXposed modules as system apps? Thanks in advance.

G

GuestD2581

systemize command doesn't run in twrp(3.1.1-0) terminal.

Last edited:

Altine3005

May 25, 2020
I have a problem, im rooted and i installed app systemizeron my samsung a20, and the problem is i can't see the app of app systemizer, is this module have own app or i will download other apps to fully work the app systemizer thanks!!!.

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
I have a problem, im rooted and i installed app systemizeron my samsung a20, and the problem is i can't see the app of app systemizer, is this module have own app or i will download other apps to fully work the app systemizer thanks!!!.
A) This module is deprecated, try the terminal one.
B) Did you check the OP?
C) And no, you shouldn't use this module, try the terminal one.

Reactions: duttyend

desvariando

Jan 1, 2017
I can't see some apps when listing in Android 11.
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but I still don't see them.

Trying to fin the problem, listing "/data/app" I some of the apps with their canonical names, and some with names like this "~~0KYS5DF8UjjXdJ0bbtMYRg==".
For example, a part of my apps:
drwxrwxr-x 4 system system 4096 2020-09-12 15:17 xyz.omnicron.caffeinate-aSFECCwc4aDJ5n7FHE3r1Q==
drwxrwxr-x 3 system system 4096 2020-09-26 16:37 ~~0KYS5DF8UjjXdJ0bbtMYRg==
drwxrwxr-x 3 system system 4096 2020-09-18 14:50 ~~0cfvplb08-XDYwN6iDHW-w==
drwxrwxr-x 3 system system 4096 2020-09-29 14:26 ~~1IIjy4_JwJOsGL2EbWJKJg==
drwxrwxr-x 3 system system 4096 2020-09-26 16:40 ~~1_huziN2HfwkuGa4bBNTHg==

If I go inside, I can see the canonical name, like this: com.amazon.clouddrive.photos-Bh3RtYgUiYihe_LqCcc3Mw==

It seems in packages are being stored in a different way, like commented here:
https://github.com/termux/termux-app/issues/1617

Could you update systemizer to support this?

Reactions: usamaiqbal1177

Freedcx

Nov 17, 2018
When i select option to list apps, no apps shows up. I verify i have root. Try different terminal and same result. Magisk safetynet check pass. Any advise? running Android 8.1

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
@desvariando, @Freedcx:
This module is heavily deprecated.

Latest working version is for Magisk v14, current Magisk is at v21 (and in-between it was almost completely refactored).
Better try module "Terminal App Systemizer".

Just to be sure, and let that sink in:

THIS MODULE IS DEPRECATED.

Last edited:
Reactions: RootedLee
Instead of including the third party APK files in the magisk modules/repo, this module, developed by @loserskater and me, systemizes user-installed apps systemlessly thru magisk. Another benefit of systemizing the user-installed apps is that if you uninstall magisk, your settings for the apps will be retained. If you originally install any of the apps above thru an app-specific magisk module (like Pixel Launcher magisk module for example), then when magisk is uninstalled or disabled, app settings will be gone.

If you're on Oreo ROM, you will need this add-on developed by @yochananmarqos: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-privileged-permission-whitelist-t3670646

This module requires installation from Magisk Manager, not recovery.

Ce module peut entraîner le blocage de votre appareil sur le logo ou le démarrage de la récupération, je suppose qu'il peut s'agir d'un problème de noyau - plus vous êtes proche du stock de micrologiciel/noyau, plus il a de chances de fonctionner. Si cela échoue, essayez plutôt le "Terminal App Systemizer".

Liens importants :

MAINTENANT DANS LE REPO MAGISK OFFICIEL !

11.0.6 : il s'agit de la dernière version "classique/simple" que j'ai pu obtenir de github, (11.0.6) qui pourrait échouer sur les plus gros APK mais n'inclut pas le code de redimensionnement de la partition magisk qui pourrait causer des problèmes. Il n'inclut PAS non plus d'application compagnon.

12.0.5 : il s'agit de la dernière version « stable » avec l'application compagnon. Basé sur le modèle pré-"magisk 13" (version 3), mais semble fonctionner avec magisk 13.

14.0.0 : il s'agit de la version 12.0.5 migrée vers le modèle 1400 (publiée avec magisk 14). Non testé par moi, donc utilisez à vos risques et périls (mais s'il vous plaît postez là où cela fonctionne / ne fonctionne pas).

Le code source (avec historique) est disponible ici si quelqu'un veut continuer le développement : https://github.com/stangri/AppSystemizer
Does the module work on magisk v23.X and Android 11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instead of including the third party APK files in the magisk modules/repo, this module, developed by @loserskater and me, systemizes user-installed apps systemlessly thru magisk. Another benefit of systemizing the user-installed apps is that if you uninstall magisk, your settings for the apps will be retained. If you originally install any of the apps above thru an app-specific magisk module (like Pixel Launcher magisk module for example), then when magisk is uninstalled or disabled, app settings will be gone.

If you're on Oreo ROM, you will need this add-on developed by @yochananmarqos: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-privileged-permission-whitelist-t3670646

This module requires installation from Magisk Manager, not recovery.

This module might lead to your device stuck on logo or booting to recovery, I gather it might be a kernel issue -- the closer you're to stock firmware/kernel the more likely it is to work. If it fails, try the "Terminal App Systemizer" instead.

Important links:

NOW IN OFFICIAL MAGISK REPO!

11.0.6: This is the last "classic/simple" version I could get from github, (11.0.6) which might fail on the larger APKs but doesn't include magisk partition resizing code which might cause problems. It also does NOT include a companion app.

12.0.5: This is the latest "stable" version with the companion app. Based on pre-"magisk 13" template (version 3), but seems to work with magisk 13.

14.0.0: This is the 12.0.5 version migrated to 1400 template (released with magisk 14). Not tested by me, so use at your own risk (but please post back wherever it does/does not work).

The source code (with history) is available here if anyone wants to continue development: https://github.com/stangri/AppSystemizer
    @stangri
    It took rebooting three times (see attached logs) after updating for it to work properly. Why was the app removed in favor of the appslist.conf?

I can't comment on why it took 3 times, possibly result of me not using the template 4.

The reasons I've tried to do without the app were two-fold:
    1. To allow easy app updates without updating the module.
    2. (Mostly) to limit the use scenarios, as some of them were resulting in unexpected behavior which were very difficult to replicate.

Sadly, the move away from the app resulted in an even more complicated code of the module (because now it had to support its own config list + app's config list if the app was installed separately from the module).

As version 12.0.5 seem to have worked the best for a lot of people, I've rewinded to the commit for 12.0.5 (so it includes @loserskater's app again), updated the template to v4 + PR #27 (fix for /cache installed magisk) and tried my best to update the module code to the changes in magisk/magisk template. Result of it is an attached module version 12.0.8.

I've tested an upgrade from 12.0.7 to 12.0.8 with a single systemized app (Pixel Launcher) and it worked. However, upgrade from versions 12.0.6/12.0.7 with a lot of apps systemized might not go smoothly. I appreciate you using 12.0.6 and 12.0.7, but if you have apps other than Pixel/Action Launchers systemized with those versions, please delete the old module and reboot first.

I would *hugely* appreciate if people test 12.0.8 (especially those for whom 12.0.7 didn't work) and post back.

I'd like to push a stable version to the repo before I cease further development.
    Alright time for another test!
    The main thing is that we can now systemize ANY app regardless of size. Although didn't test games or anything ridiculously large but it should still work!
    A few fixes in the companion app as well including reboot actually writing the config file.
    You can check out the sources for a complete rundown:
    AppSystemizer commits
    Companion app commits

Only install through Magisk Manager! Flashing in recovery doesn't work at the moment but we're looking into it.
    I did notice a bug with apps not showing selected when closing and opening the app. Sometimes if there is already a magisk-merge.img the script won't copy over the files correctly. I believe this is due to the magisk-merge img already being created with not enough space. A reboot should fix that problem.

Attached is the 12.0.3 version with the latest app. I've also tried to fix the bug mentioned above.

PS. Unrelated to the message above, but prompted by a few recent posts: I'll keep repeating it in every post I guess: any report of things not working as intended is useless without magisk log. If it takes more than one reboot to systemize apps -- save magisk log before and after reboot.

I've looked into the installation from recovery issue and while it might (to an extent) work on some phones/recoveries, the default shell in recovery is very limited comparing to the shell when the phone is booting/booted up. So I gave up on trying to figure out how to have the module install from recovery.

However, now there's a big fat warning and the proper error on attempt to install the module from recovery. Just to make sure I do not misdetect installation from recovery (or an otherwise incompatible shell) I'd appreciate feedback from a wide number of users on 12.0.4. All my devices are LOS14.1, so if you're running any other flavour of Android (stock, AOSP, older versions) please post wherever an upgrade to/install of 12.0.4 worked or not.

Just this one time, no magisk log on error is needed, if you get an error from Magisk Manager on installation, please post as much information as possible about your ROM.

There's no fix on missing companion app on the Marshmallow ROMs yet.