FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] Emoji One

1,738 posts
Thanks Meter: 952

By jerbear294, Recognized Contributor on 11th October 2016, 01:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This module replaces the built-in emoji with Emoji One, systemlessly.

It's a simple module; it simply replaces the built-in emoji TTF (/system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf) with Emoji One's Android TTF. This module will be updated once the next version of Emoji One is released.

Link: https://github.com/jerbear64/Magisk-EmojiOne-systemless
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to jerbear294 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerbear294 Ad-Free

1st November 2016, 04:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thoughts on what might cause the buttons below to not show up? They are the only ones not showing up.

Edit: forgot details. Stock nougat for Nexus 6, systemless root, Magisk v8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161101-111322.png
Views:	20966
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	3922863  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alstair For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alstair Ad-Free
14th December 2016, 03:56 PM |#3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 770

Donate to Me
More
Attempting to install this through the downloads section of Magisk Manager causes it to not install and it says "This zip is not a Magisk Module!!" On the latest Magisk and Magisk Manager, HTC 10 (Viper Rom) v4.2. Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to nickmilla15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickmilla15 Ad-Free
27th December 2016, 08:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmilla15

Attempting to install this through the downloads section of Magisk Manager causes it to not install and it says "This zip is not a Magisk Module!!" On the latest Magisk and Magisk Manager, HTC 10 (Viper Rom) v4.2. Any ideas?

Me too on HTC 10 (Viper Rom) v4.4. If I load it in twrp, only some emojis are changed.
30th December 2016, 11:14 AM |#5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmilla15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acupunk

Me too on HTC 10 (Viper Rom) v4.4. If I load it in twrp, only some emojis are changed.

unzip the module and navigate to /system/fonts/ and create a blank file called "hTC_ColorEmoji.ttf" that will get the new emojis to show. just re zip the contents of the unzipped folder and flash/install
The Following User Says Thank You to basicseamstress For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift basicseamstress Ad-Free
30th December 2016, 04:20 PM |#6  
Flag Linda Vista, CA
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Works fine for me. I'm on a nexus 6p though
30th December 2016, 04:31 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by basicseamstress

unzip the module and navigate to /system/fonts/ and create a blank file called "hTC_ColorEmoji.ttf" that will get the new emojis to show. just re zip the contents of the unzipped folder and flash/install

That did it! Thanks a million!
22nd January 2017, 10:28 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
If I use substratum to change my font it suddenly starts displaying the regular google emoji again, anyone know why, the font I'm using does not include any emoji.
6th March 2017, 10:33 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294

This module replaces the built-in emoji with Emoji One, systemlessly.

Nice one, thanks. Works fine on Magisk 11.1.

Could this be used to replace system emoji with any emoji pack? Would be brilliant to use it with Twitter or iOS ones.
6th March 2017, 05:51 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 952

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by de.er

Nice one, thanks. Works fine on Magisk 11.1.

Could this be used to replace system emoji with any emoji pack? Would be brilliant to use it with Twitter or iOS ones.

Yeah, just replace the font out with the Twitter or iOS emoji font.
6th March 2017, 06:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294

Yeah, just replace the font out with the Twitter or iOS emoji font.

Can you specify what file exactly I need to replace? Nevermind, I got it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)