[MODULE] JoyPixels (formerly Emoji One)

Search This thread

alstair

Dec 20, 2010
Thoughts on what might cause the buttons below to not show up? They are the only ones not showing up.

Edit: forgot details. Stock nougat for Nexus 6, systemless root, Magisk v8.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161101-111322.png
    Screenshot_20161101-111322.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 33,970

nickmilla15

Apr 14, 2013
Orlando
Attempting to install this through the downloads section of Magisk Manager causes it to not install and it says "This zip is not a Magisk Module!!" On the latest Magisk and Magisk Manager, HTC 10 (Viper Rom) v4.2. Any ideas?

Reactions: acupunk

basicseamstress

Oct 23, 2010
Chicago
Attempting to install this through the downloads section of Magisk Manager causes it to not install and it says "This zip is not a Magisk Module!!" On the latest Magisk and Magisk Manager, HTC 10 (Viper Rom) v4.2. Any ideas?

Me too on HTC 10 (Viper Rom) v4.4. If I load it in twrp, only some emojis are changed.

unzip the module and navigate to /system/fonts/ and create a blank file called "hTC_ColorEmoji.ttf" that will get the new emojis to show. just re zip the contents of the unzipped folder and flash/install

Reactions: acupunk

Meikk99

Dec 21, 2014
If I use substratum to change my font it suddenly starts displaying the regular google emoji again, anyone know why, the font I'm using does not include any emoji.

h0LLe

Jun 20, 2009
does this app replace the whatsapp emojis too? i dont like multiple emoji styles on my phone :/

alb.boy

hi there, im new with these stuff, i just flashed a custom rom into my s7, and it has magisk installed, now that i have booted my phone i have an notification that an update is available, but there are two unchecked options before clicking download and install, do i have to check or unchecke them? thxn in advance!

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
Both this and the iOS emojis don't seem to override everything in Silence, the smssecure fork on fdroid. In the keyboard they display as the module intended, but within the app they're still regular android emoji

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Both this and the iOS emojis don't seem to override everything in Silence, the smssecure fork on fdroid. In the keyboard they display as the module intended, but within the app they're still regular android emoji
This is the default behavior of Signal and its forks.

I haven't used Silence, but depending on how close of a fork it is to Signal, you will find "Use system emoji" under Settings -> Advanced.

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
This is the default behavior of Signal and its forks.

I haven't used Silence, but depending on how close of a fork it is to Signal, you will find "Use system emoji" under Settings -> Advanced.

Seems it only gives me the option to enable/disable the app's emoji drawer, but using the keyboard emoji page still results in the default android emoji (or Silence's own) being used. Thank you for the info

Top Liked Posts