[MODULE] Enable EIS for Nexus 5X

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By grimsandwich, Junior Member on 5th October 2016, 03:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This module enables EIS for Nexus 5X by adding these 2 entries to build.prop:

persist.camera.eis.enable=1
persist.camera.is_type=4

Credits to everyone contributing to the discussion at XDA here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...image-t3276260

Link: https://github.com/grimsandwich/magi...le-eis-nexus5x

EDIT: merged the cache module fix
EDIT (2016/11/19): updated for v9
The Following User Says Thank You to grimsandwich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grimsandwich Ad-Free

5th October 2016, 06:19 PM |#2  
Flag Savoy, IL
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Magisk says this is not a magisk module. I'm downloading a zip from the GitHub link posted above.
5th October 2016, 06:52 PM |#3  
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 808

Donate to Me
More
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
6th October 2016, 03:48 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsauder2

Magisk says this is not a magisk module. I'm downloading a zip from the GitHub link posted above.

You can't just download the zip of the source directly... Github by default will create a subfolder inside the zip.

Either you wait for topjohnwu to add this to his repo, or download the source, unzip, and re-zip to fix the folder structure.
6th October 2016, 11:26 PM |#5  
Flag Savoy, IL
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimsandwich

You can't just download the zip of the source directly... Github by default will create a subfolder inside the zip.

Either you wait for topjohnwu to add this to his repo, or download the source, unzip, and re-zip to fix the folder structure.

Gotcha, sorry. I didn't think that would work, but I guess I was confused since you linked it and the magisk module stuff is pretty new. I'll wait for it to show up in the repo.
12th October 2016, 04:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
This module does not work for me. After I install it, it says "module will be updated at next reboot", but nothing changes on reboot, and still no EIS.
17th October 2016, 08:59 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
My repo has just been accepted and therefore downloadable using magisk manager. Please retry your installation using magisk manager. I tried it myself just now, and it seems to be working.
18th October 2016, 01:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I have the same issue when installing with the manager. I've attached screenshots of 1) the /magisk folder before and after reboot and 2) the /cache merge folder before reboot.

After reboot the merge folder disappears and nothing appears in /magisk/cache.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfensteinjd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfensteinjd Ad-Free
19th October 2016, 03:22 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Apparently there is a bug in the cache module processing. I'll merge the fix tonight when I get back home.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...10&postcount=5

Still, the weird thing is that it somehow works on my phone...

EDIT: I was installing in TWRP, and also deleted the module folder from /magisk/ folder. No wonder it worked on me the first time. However, I did several tries installing thru the manager and it worked too... Maybe because I never reboot using magisk manager prompt but always do turn off-on manually...
20th October 2016, 01:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimsandwich

EDIT: I was installing in TWRP, and also deleted the module folder from /magisk/ folder. No wonder it worked on me the first time. However, I did several tries installing thru the manager and it worked too... Maybe because I never reboot using magisk manager prompt but always do turn off-on manually...

Just worked for me after manual off-on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfensteinjd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfensteinjd Ad-Free
21st October 2016, 04:46 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Sorry taking this long... Merged the official cache module fix. Should be fine installing from the Magisk Manager now.
The Following User Says Thank You to grimsandwich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grimsandwich Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)