Hello everyone! This is an incredibly simple module to enable sdcardfs on any Nougat 7.x ROM (SDK 24 or higher). sdcardfs is a replacement file system for FUSE, used to mount the /sdcard partition; you can read about this change here.
- sdcardfs is in constant development (at least two to three patches per week on average), meaning it could become unstable at any point. Certain apps do not play with sdcardfs, which can lead to crashes and corruption. Enable it at your own risk!
- Your kernel MUST have sdcardfs support for this to work. Please ask your kernel/ROM developer if they have included all of the proper support commits for it to work. They can be found in AOSP's kernel/common repo (or a quick search of the AOSP Gerrit).
- You MUST have this system/core commit. There is no reason that every 7.x ROM should not have this commit as it comes straight from Google but you never know.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.1 Q: How do I use this?
1.1 A: Flash it in recovery or add it in Magisk Manager > Modules.
1.2 Q: How do I check if the module works?
1.2 A: Go into a terminal emulator and type the following:
su df -t sdcardfs
1.3 Q: I'm having xyz issue.
1.3 A: Great! Please give me a logcat, dmesg, and Magisk log and I'll be happy to assist.
- Update template to v4 and use system.prop instead of post-fs-data.sh
- Improve print_modname so it looks right while flashing in recovery
- Don't install on anything less than Nougat (thanks @veez21)
- Add logging to Magisk log
- v13 snapshot support
- Initial support
Primary | Mirror