FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] ExSDCard Write Access Enabler 5.0-8

2,485 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
By Rom, Senior Member on 9th September 2017, 01:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello !

Quote:

I am not responsible for any damage that may be caused to SD cards or broken phones.
Thanks for comprehension.



Introduction

Since the first version of the module "v9 Module - SD Write Access Enabler v1" was no longer compatible with Magisk v14, i have decided to update it for next versions of Magisk (stable & beta if possible).



Short explanations

On the latest versions of Android, it can be difficult to do what you want on MicroSD cards.

To overcome these new design and security rules (according to Google) and to be able to read and write again on our memory cards, it is necessary to modify a file in the system partition of the phone, and if necessary, to switch selinux in permissive mode (on some phones).

This module does this work, and therefore a new path is set up, which is as follows:


The new access path for our externals SDCards: /mnt/media_rw/SDCARDNUMBER/


Since the v3.3 ZIP version, a feature has been added especially for Oreo (Android 8) users, on this Android version, several special permissions can be used by any app.
For exemple, theses specials permissions are used to get access to reading logs, managing the power of the device.


If you want to use this special feature, you just have to follow theses easy steps:
- creating a simple file named "ExSDCard_Oreo_apps" in the module path, so: /sbin/.core/img/ExSDCard/ExSDCard_Oreo_apps (remove any extension).
- Write all the apps package names that require a special permissions, one by line, for exemple:
Code:
com.google.android.youtube
com.snapchat.android
 org.mozilla.firefox

Changelog

v3.5
- The module has been updated with the last 17000 template version
- New module version pushed to the Module Repo (up-to-date in Download tab in the Manager)
- ZIP version is just changed from "3.4" to "3.5"
- Module base is unchanged
- OP simplified to be more clean




On your phones



09/01/2018:
- Module zip update to 17000 (so Magisk v17 is now recommended) on OP and Module Repo.
- zip version is just changed from "v3.4" to "3.5", no more changes.



Old news..
=> https://pastebin.com/rcxaVbnR


Compatibilities

Certified and tested on:
- All LG phones (stocks and customs)
- HTC M8 LOS 14
- HTC Sprint EVO 4G LTE
- Most Samsung devices
- Huawei Honor 5X Silver (KIW-L21) Resurection Remix 7.1.2 & few others models
- Sony XPeria Z5 Compact stock ROM 7.0
- Sony XZ with stock ROM


=> Compatible with most Android devices, but it couldn't works on ROM with Trebble support unfortunatly.

If not works propeply, try to making new fresh Magisk install and install the module again

@ Others members: feedback the module works for you too or not.


Thanks

@topjohnwu
@_Exeedy
@m0yP
@VR25
@Didgeridoohan
@ahrion
And users on Telegram too

=> Telegram group link (for Q/A, infos about BETA versions..)


Downloads links


Magisk Repo link
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...s_Enabler_v3.3


v3.5

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4b2nbs..._v3.5.zip/file
https://uptobox.com/a6qykj7golmy


v3.4

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qdhm05...abler_v3.4.zip
https://uptobox.com/15f270qpujcq

v3.3
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7oomty...abler_v3.3.zip
http://uptobox.com/ycf9vby49jl2

v3.2
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r5da48...abler_v3.2.zip
https://uptobox.com/nboeauejwbxk

v3.2 - with SELinux Switcher
http://www.mediafire.com/file/19r099...th_SELinux.zip
https://uptobox.com/1aflt9w3og6z

v3.1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/283fu5...abler_v3.1.zip
http://uptobox.com/zzmlp6rn8ruq

v3.1 - with SELinux Switcher
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5omemm...th_SELinux.zip
http://uptobox.com/sj3p418vgd8t

v3.1 Magisk Repo link
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...s_Enabler_v3.1
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...1_with_SELinux

v3
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oqks71...Enabler_v3.zip
http://uptobox.com/lutvmvm3un72

v3 - with SELinux Switcher
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v97m1g...th_SELinux.zip
http://uptobox.com/80w17rqozmfi


Classic flashable ZIP
(For any custom Recovery like CWM/TWRP/.. - a backup of the original file is placed in "/data/media/0/ExSDCard/")
Link below..

----------------------------------------------

(OLD) v2.1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eo0u27...abler_v2.1.zip
http://uptobox.com/f5z9zfssqqpw

(OLD) v2.1 - with SELinux Switcher

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hyy242...th_SELinux.zip
http://uptobox.com/oidwqn2ydmif


(OLD) v2 for Magisk:

http://uptobox.com/skgaidq6jgmb
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wjj8y...ougat%20v2.zip

Check in attachment if you prefere download your desired ZIP file from XDA directly


Please give your feedbacks by specify your ROM name/version and your model phone too.
Thanks!


Total downloads:

(xda dl + mediafire dl + uptobox dl) - Magisk repo dl ignored because numbers of dl not reported).

v2: 2001
v2.1: 2220+
v2.1 with SELinux: 1557+
v3: 785+
v3 with SELinux: 650+
v3.1: 189+
v3.1 with SELinux: 133+

Flashable ZIP (TWRP): 264
Uninstaller ZIP (TWRP): 114


All this is very appreciable!

Enjoy !
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to Rom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rom Ad-Free
 
 
10th September 2017, 04:02 AM |#2  
davjak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Gr8 job!

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA Labs
10th September 2017, 11:35 AM |#3  
Rom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davjak

Gr8 job!

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA Labs

Thanks
10th September 2017, 11:52 AM |#4  
ahac85's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Working great on htc m8 using lineage os 14
The Following User Says Thank You to ahac85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahac85 Ad-Free
10th September 2017, 01:44 PM |#5  
Rom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahac85

Working great on htc m8 using lineage os 14

Thanks for your feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to Rom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rom Ad-Free
11th September 2017, 03:12 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 134
 
Donate to Me
More
Not so good luck on Galaxy S5!
Q1- Is this Terminal Only? Meaning many APKs are not able to be "Moved"...???
Q2- How to Actually use this mod, on LOS14? (Natively on LOS14 (Android 7.1.2) not able to store anything yet on the SD Card...
Hell, good old Link2SD don't work, M Trying but the APK is not... An NO APPS SD is no where better due to same issues with using the SD card for any actual data.....
11th September 2017, 10:09 AM |#7  
de.er's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofsalt

Not so good luck on Galaxy S5!
Q1- Is this Terminal Only? Meaning many APKs are not able to be "Moved"...???
Q2- How to Actually use this mod, on LOS14? (Natively on LOS14 (Android 7.1.2) not able to store anything yet on the SD Card...
Hell, good old Link2SD don't work, M Trying but the APK is not... An NO APPS SD is no where better due to same issues with using the SD card for any actual data.....

Think this is not the module you're looking for, seems you want to install/move apps to sdcard, is that right? This module is not designed to do that, this one creates a new access path in /mnt/media_rw/ for external sd cards, this is needed for some apps to work with sd cards over usb otg, for example syncing specific folders or creating titanium backups directly on a pendrive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to de.er For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift de.er Ad-Free
11th September 2017, 12:01 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by de.er

Think this is not the module you're looking for, seems you want to install/move apps to sdcard, is that right? This module is not designed to do that, this one creates a new access path in /mnt/media_rw/ for external sd cards, this is needed for some apps to work with sd cards over usb otg, for example syncing specific folders or creating titanium backups directly on a pendrive.

Yep this is working, SM-G900P (Galaxy S5, Sprint/Virgin)
This IS something that I have been trying to figure out for some time now.
It did exactly as you said, (4 me, it made a path straight to the 2nd Partition, on the SD Card, formatted as Ext4, (I do have both Ubuntu/Win 10).

Titanium Backup folder. YES, been trying to figure what needs to be done. Pendrive or USB OTG.. Something to make it so much easier when wiping the phone, and starting with a new flash....
Thanks, I was able to find the path, which is working for TB, as we speak...
Thank you agian
11th September 2017, 12:18 PM |#9  
de.er's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofsalt

Yep this is working, SM-G900P (Galaxy S5, Sprint/Virgin)
This IS something that I have been trying to figure out for some time now.
It did exactly as you said, (4 me, it made a path straight to the 2nd Partition, on the SD Card, formatted as Ext4, (I do have both Ubuntu/Win 10).

Titanium Backup folder. YES, been trying to figure what needs to be done. Pendrive or USB OTG.. Something to make it so much easier when wiping the phone, and starting with a new flash....
Thanks, I was able to find the path, which is working for TB, as we speak...
Thank you agian

No probs mate, I find this clever little module very helpful as well although all the props go to the dev @Rom for ressurecting this for us!
11th September 2017, 12:50 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 134
 
Donate to Me
More
Yep, Thank you, ROM!!!
Wonderful module, is what android 6 an 7 really need!
Thank you.

Facts - sm-g900p on LineageOS 14, with Magisk 14.
Can say, on Magisk Manger, 14, at this time, they dont have this listed, just yet! But, flash and it is being supported by the magisk manager...
Awesome.
Thank you for bring this back to us on 7.... (Just not really happy with Android Nugat... Probably just me)
The Following User Says Thank You to godofsalt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift godofsalt Ad-Free
11th September 2017, 02:04 PM |#11  
Rom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofsalt

Yep, Thank you, ROM!!!
Wonderful module, is what android 6 an 7 really need!
Thank you.

Facts - sm-g900p on LineageOS 14, with Magisk 14.
Can say, on Magisk Manger, 14, at this time, they dont have this listed, just yet! But, flash and it is being supported by the magisk manager...
Awesome.
Thank you for bring this back to us on 7.... (Just not really happy with Android Nugat... Probably just me)

Np
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
access card, access control, nougat sdcard write access, sdcard, sdcard access

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes