FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Module] F-Droid Privileged Extension

405 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

Post Reply Email Thread
I decided to continue @PunchyStick's Magisk module and keep it updated as F-Droid releases updates. You can generally expect updates the day after if not the day of F-Droid updating the extension.

What to know:
-Please make sure you're running at least F-Droid 0.103
-Disable auto app updates from within F-Droid. F-Droid Privileged Extension will automatically update and succeed, and I don't know how this will affect SafetyNet and/or the Magisk Module. (This is because the extension doesn't update like a normal app by placing updates in the data partition, it overwrites the apk in system directly).

Changelog:
v1
- Private release
- Privileged Extension 0.1
- Based directly on PunchyStick's extension

v2
- Private release
- Privileged Extension 0.2

v3
- Private release
- Privileged Extension 0.2.2

v4
- First public release
- Privileged Extension 0.2.3

v5
-If you installed the zip on the XDA thread, please remove that module before installing this version.
-Privileged Extension 0.2.4

v6
-Privileged Extension 0.2.5
-Please update F-Droid to version 0.103 if you have not already.

v7
-Updated to template 4

v8
-Update to template 1400
-Please update to Magisk 14.0 if you have not already

v9
-Privileged Extension 0.2.6

v10
-Privileged Extension 0.2.7
-Template 1410
-Only install this if you are on Magisk 14.1, a zip for Magisk 14.0 can be found attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fdroid-Priv+9-27-2017-14.zip - [Click for QR Code] (35.1 KB, 3440 views)
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to ryaniskira For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryaniskira Ad-Free

9th April 2017, 11:04 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga

Donate to Me
More
I removed the module zip from this thread as it is obsolete and my module is in the Magisk Module Repo now (and thus can be installed via Magisk). Also, as per the changelog, if you installed the zip on this thread please uninstall that module before upgrading to v5.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ryaniskira For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryaniskira Ad-Free
9th April 2017, 11:05 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to ryaniskira For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryaniskira Ad-Free
9th April 2017, 11:05 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga

Donate to Me
More
Mine 2.0
The Following User Says Thank You to ryaniskira For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryaniskira Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 07:55 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,710

Donate to Me
More
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this module is not using the latest module template. Yes, it has the "template" tag in module.prop, but everything else seems old, very old. As an example: There's still tags for cache modules (removed in Magisk v9) in config.sh and the update-binary file used seems to be of a similar age...
11th April 2017, 11:40 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
An update on my last post.

It's this commit that by mistake (obviously) reverted all the changes from module template v3 (and then some).
13th April 2017, 05:53 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this module is not using the latest module template. Yes, it has the "template" tag in module.prop, but everything else seems old, very old. As an example: There's still tags for cache modules (removed in Magisk v9) in config.sh and the update-binary file used seems to be of a similar age...

I will look into that, but I synced this straight from the Magisk Template repo then rebuilt from there so the legacy code should be gone. I use multiple devices so I might have accidentally fudged something up. Also, do note that this repo is the one I will be updating now that it has been accepted into the Magisk module's repo, and on that one I think I fixed my little screwup.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
13th April 2017, 09:22 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaniskira

I will look into that, but I synced this straight from the Magisk Template repo then rebuilt from there so the legacy code should be gone. I use multiple devices so I might have accidentally fudged something up. Also, do note that this repo is the one I will be updating now that it has been accepted into the Magisk module's repo, and on that one I think I fixed my little screwup.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Nice. That's the repo I was looking at, yes, and after a (very) quick look it does look like it's been fixed.
21st April 2017, 09:55 PM |#9  
Lol i like that mine thing! Thanks for the work. I'll check it out later as I've been overwhelmingly busy as of late
24th May 2017, 02:11 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miras77

Zuk z2

??
26th May 2017, 08:42 AM |#11  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Uhmm.. excuse me if this sounds like a dumb question, but what is F-Droid? And what does it do?

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryonicCore

Uhmm.. excuse me if this sounds like a dumb question, but what is F-Droid? And what does it do?

Nevermind. I was smart and looked it up. Looks interesting though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)