[MODULE] Fingerprint Scanner Booster

Search This thread

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Fingerprint Scanner Booster

It does what the title says! It boosts Fingerprint sensor's responsiveness by prioritizing its process.
If you use custom roms and those roms have a little delay with unlocking the device using the fingerprint scanner, this should help you.

It does this by using these commands:

Code:
echo $(pgrep fingerprintd) >/dev/cpuset/foreground/boost/tasks
and
Code:
renice -n -20 $(pgrep fingerprintd)

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=223362

Last edited:

puhu

Dec 14, 2011
İzmir
Can you add always on fingerprint unlock?

MI 5 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Hootix

Dec 26, 2015
Someone tested it on Redmi note 4? The scanner is responding instantly but the screen wakes up way too slowly. Is this the fix for it?

Reactions: usamaiqbal1177

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where

Hootix

Dec 26, 2015
Ok I installed it and it's makes it way worse. The screen takes way longer to wake up now. ROM LOS 14.1

Hootix

Dec 26, 2015
Hmm, are you sure? I have it working here properly. You might experience little to no effect?
Yes it made things worse actually. I will try your v3. I have goodix scanner

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Updated to v3

* fixed permissions
* added some stuff for goodix fp scanners ?

link in the op
Tried it, still the same issue sadly.

It doesn't change anything it just makes things worse for me (goodix). The screen takes longer to wake up now than without the fix. By longer I mean it takes 4-5seconds for the screen to turn on

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

So basically just install the latest firmware again? Because the tap to wake and pocket detection are always turned of for me.

Reactions: veez21

chickentuna

Feb 13, 2012
I also have a Redmi Note 4x and running Electrablue kernel. The kernel has Fingerprint scanner booster driver as stated by the dev. Will this modeule make any difference or are they just the same feature?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fingerprint Scanner Booster

It does what the title says! It boosts Fingerprint sensor's responsiveness by prioritizing its process.
    If you use custom roms and those roms have a little delay with unlocking the device using the fingerprint scanner, this should help you.

It does this by using these commands:

Code:
    echo $(pgrep fingerprintd) >/dev/cpuset/foreground/boost/tasks
    and
    Code:
    renice -n -20 $(pgrep fingerprintd)

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=223362
    its not needed anymore on recent android versions, nor will it work with newer magisk.
    Updated to v3

* fixed permissions
    * added some stuff for goodix fp scanners ?

link in the op
    I just created a channel which contains all of my announcements and betas to my projects, feel free to join the Telegram Channel

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAERK3yCi1PxQjuG-Wg
    changelog:

v1 - initial release
    v2 - added loop for better application