[MODULE] Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures tweaks for Android 10-12

Search This thread

Master32

Nov 7, 2017
Question, do you still have overscan applied? If so remove it by running

wm overscan reset

That gap is definitely not the navbar since it's colored just like the keyboard and has no buttons
I did set overscan to 0,0,0,0 but will try a reset.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Question, do you still have overscan applied? If so remove it by running

wm overscan reset

That gap is definitely not the navbar since it's colored just like the keyboard and has no buttons
Made no difference. As you say it's not the nav bar. I now have no issues with accidentally gestures. Thanks anyway and thanks for the work you put in.

Reactions: DanGLES3

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Moto G5S Plus
Samsung Galaxy M51
anyone know how I can enable my back gesture? dont want to add FNG to have back gesture
Enable the navbar with the build.prop tweak I sent yesterday, the navbar needs to be enabled for the Q back gestures to work, it's the ONLY way to get the back gestures without an app

After enabling the navbar install my module to hide it

Last edited:

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
3fJJK02.png

This Magisk module allows for fullscreen gestures on Android 10. Both the navbar and pill will be hidden in order to maximize screen space.
Awesome module @DanGLES3. I flashed it on OP 7 and it works like a charm. Thank you.

I was using overscan before and it wasn't the cleanest solution and landscape mode messes up a little bit. But, with your module, it's all good. Great job!

Reactions: DanGLES3

Uchiha_Dante

Sep 10, 2016
Hi DanGLES3,

Does the gesture bar get hidden in landscape? Don't know if it's just me, but it's always visible. A quick swipe of fp hides it though. Wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong.

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Moto G5S Plus
Samsung Galaxy M51
Hi DanGLES3,

Does the gesture bar get hidden in landscape? Don't know if it's just me, but it's always visible. A quick swipe of fp hides it though. Wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong.
I made sure to remove the navbar in landscape, it's possible this is a ROM issue, let me know what your ROM is and i'll see if i can do something about it

Uchiha_Dante

Sep 10, 2016
Another user just found the problem.

Attached image, the notches at the far right don't hide pill in landscape. Works for first two notches.

The "hide pill" toggle is something used from this module I guess.

So, there's that.

Set it to the second notch, and it works now.

Attachments

• 20200624_180455.jpg
    20200624_180455.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 308

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Moto G5S Plus
Samsung Galaxy M51
Another user just found the problem.

Attached image, the notches at the far right don't hide pill in landscape. Works for first two notches.

The "hide pill" toggle is something used from this module I guess.

So, there's that.

Set it to the second notch, and it works now.
Well that's an issue with how the ROM implemented the hide pill feature, disable the ROM's built in option and try using my module instead

Uchiha_Dante

Sep 10, 2016
Yups. Did that. It's dependent on which sensitivity I choose in the first option. If it's the first two levels of sensitivity, your module works flawlessly (and the rom's too)

It's the 3rd and 4th level of sensitivity where pill isn't hidden.

Rom dev was telling me that he based his options using your module, just mentioning it here FWIW

Very minor issue though, just flagging here. I'm using the second sensitivity option as a worlaround, and the module works as intended.

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Moto G5S Plus
Samsung Galaxy M51
Yups. Did that. It's dependent on which sensitivity I choose in the first option. If it's the first two levels of sensitivity, your module works flawlessly (and the rom's too)

It's the 3rd and 4th level of sensitivity where pill isn't hidden.

Rom dev was telling me that he based his options using your module, just mentioning it here FWIW

Very minor issue though, just flagging here. I'm using the second sensitivity option as a worlaround, and the module works as intended.
Well I did make sure to set landscape navbar size to 0 in all sensitivity levels, tell me what rom is it, so I can take a look at their fullscreen gestures implementation

Last edited:

Uchiha_Dante

Sep 10, 2016

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    oEMa4xI.png

This Magisk Module lets you tweak Android 10-13's gestures.

Requirements
    - Android 10-13
    - Magisk 20+

Installation
    1. Flash this module.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Enjoy!

Terminal Setup
    Run on a terminal app the following command su -c hn

Download
    To install the module simply search it on Fox's Module Manager

Links
    - GitHub
    - Telegram
    - PayPal
    - Revolut Tag @danielem47

Translation​

If you wish to have the installer translated to your language send me a text file containing all lines (inside ui_print in common/install.sh) either on Github or my Email

Disclaimer
    • This module won't disable the navbar, so if you want to use Fluid NG on Android 11-12 then this module isn't for you
    • Any option not working is due to incompatibility with your current ROM (there's little i can do about it)
    • Any issues related to GCam after installing the module are outside my control
    • Automatic navbar coloring doesn't work on Android 11+

Changelog

v25.0​

• Fixed the module not working on A14 QPR2
    • Fixed the issue where the keyboard bar was overlaying the keyboard on A14 (this fix may cause the hide keyboard buttons option to not work)

v24.0​

• Lowered overlay priority and added slight delays to the boot script (which should prevent system overlays from overriding the module's values)
    • Disabled config_imeDrawsImeNavBar (which should allow the hide keyboard buttons option to work properly on Android 13 and up)

v23.0​

• Miscenaleous fixes

v22.0​

• Added Android 14 support (experimental)

v21.0​

• Rewrite installer for Android 12+ to use fabricated overlays for higher compatibility
    • Added Gcam lag fix as install option (12+ atm)
      Translations needed for the Gcam fix option
    V20.0
    • Fix Android 10 support (which was broken since v14.0)

v19.0​

• Reworked Terminal config tool (su -c hn), should avoid issues related to zipsigner
    • Properly support Rboard Theme Manager v3 to avoid conflicts

v18.0​

• Added Samsung A12 support

v17.0​

• Proper MIUI detection/install logic (should provide compatibility to MIUI based on Android 10, not tested)

v16.4​

• Removed unnecessary waiting during module install

v16.3​

• Added Fox Manager Extension support (support link shortcut when installing the module)
    • Try and improve the volume selector delay a bit

v16.1​

• Fix the Terminal Config tool

v16.0​

• Proper MIUI 13 support

v15.0​

• Added MIUI support (confirmed working on MIUI 13)
    • Fixed Terminal Script not working on devices with pseudo/fake xbin folders

v14.0​

• Fixed miscelaneous error messages
    • Fixed Terminal config tool on Android 13 (Google's fault this time lol)
    • Tablet support (it works inconsisntently)

v13.0​

• Full AAPT rewrite
    • Added terminal config tool for changing each navbar parameter (To use it run the following on a terminal app su -c hn)

v12.0​

• Fixed the Gcam lag when switching modes

v11.0​

• Preemptive Android 13 support (untested)

v10.0​

• Added Support for Android 12L, and thank you all very much for your support over these 2 years of development

v9.9​

• Allow hiding the buttons underneath the keyboard in Immersive mode

v9.8​

• Fix Rboard checking for the keyboard spacing removal feature (apologies to RKBDI for the troubles)

V9.7​

• Automatically removes conflicting overlays during install (AKA some theme modules that include gesture overlays for no reason at all)

v9.6​

• More reliable language detection (should prevent issues where the installer shows no text)

v9.5​

• Added support for translations in the installer (currently included languages are English, Portuguese and Spanish)

v9.4​

• Allow disabling back gesture also on Android 10 (due to way A10 handles the back gesture it's only possible to disable them completely and on fullscreen mode only, if you have Xposed on A10 and wishes to disable only the left back gesture use this Xposed module https://github.com/kuba2k2/NoLeftBackGesture/releases/tag/v1.0)

v9.3-hotfix​

• Fix install (sorry for the inconvenience)

v9.3​

• Updated Volume selector (from MMT-EX), should resolve install issues on some devices
    • Increased the timeout to 10s to give users time to read the options

v9.2​

• Reenable back gestures on NO (on the whether to disable back gestures or not) option

v9.1​

• Reenable back gesture on uninstall (if user is unable to change the device's back gesture sensitivy from settings)

v9.0​

• Allow disabling back gesture on A11-12 (Left only for side menus and Left & Right for gesture apps)

v8.8​

• Update MAXAPI to 31 to support the eventual stable A12 release

v8.7​

• Update Volume selector
    • Revised install logic
    • Disable the Gboard spacing some Android 11 ROMs were using by default (users are still free to change/reenable the spacing with Rboard as I've made sure my code won't overlap with it)

Older changelogs can be found here

Update 22.0 released with experimental support for Android 14
    Pixel 6a. I upgraded to Android 14 (October update) and while immersive mode worked initially, the pill was no longer hidden. I reinstalled the module from Androidacy (within Magisk it says v22.0 version code 56, but the filename is v21.0-55) and now it doesn't appear to work at all -- it's neither in immersive more nor is the pill hidden.
    Try this version
    There are alternatives, but I like how dedicated the dev is with this. Plus it's a clean cut, a module for one purpose and one purpose only.
    Thank you, this is kind of my longest running project, so i'd feel bad to just abandon it for no reason, as long as someone still wants to use it i'll happily still maintain it
    Version 25 released which should fix the compatibility issues with Android 14 QPR2