FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] Google Assistant Enabler for Magisk v9/v10/v11

1,108 posts
Thanks Meter: 808

Post Reply Email Thread
This module enables Google Assistant on Nougat phones/tablets.

If you have Marshmallow/Nougat device you may no longer need this module after Google rolls out Google Assistant to all eligible devices. Find out more at https://blog.google/products/assista...ndroid-phones/

Version 10.0.2 no longer changes phone model/manufacturer and requires Magisk 10 (thanks @candiesdoodle for investigation). Magisk 9 users can download the legacy 10.0.1 version which is the latest version which doesn't use Magisk 10-introduced features and also it still changes the phone model/manufacturer.

Make sure to check the README at GitHub for instructions/requirements/links.

NOW IN OFFICIAL MAGISK REPO!

According to this, you don't need this module if you're using Open Gapps.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free

14th December 2016, 08:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
I see you made some resetprop changes. Is this all that's required to run Google Assistant?

Does the Xposed module of similar description do the same?
14th December 2016, 12:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo27

I see you made some resetprop changes. Is this all that's required to run Google Assistant?

Does the Xposed module of similar description do the same?

Yes it is .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to italia0101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift italia0101 Ad-Free
14th December 2016, 04:11 PM |#4  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 770

Donate to Me
More
Will this fix the settings in the google app for "okay google" detection? I flashed v1 of the module and now those settings are greyed out/I'm unable to say "Ok google" and activate it from the home screen (or any other screen)

Edit: Flashing v2 didn't fix. I'm going to clear app data and see if that does it

Edit 2: Clearing app data didn't fix it. Any ideas?
15th December 2016, 12:04 AM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 4,447

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmilla15

Will this fix the settings in the google app for "okay google" detection? I flashed v1 of the module and now those settings are greyed out/I'm unable to say "Ok google" and activate it from the home screen (or any other screen)

Edit: Flashing v2 didn't fix. I'm going to clear app data and see if that does it

When you try to enable it does it enable for about a half second and then disable? If so, enable it and then quickly tap delete voice model. After that you should be able to enable it properly.
15th December 2016, 01:35 PM |#6  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 770

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loserskater

When you try to enable it does it enable for about a half second and then disable? If so, enable it and then quickly tap delete voice model. After that you should be able to enable it properly.

No, it just won't enable at all. Completely grayed out on my HTC 10 running Nougat :/
18th December 2016, 06:39 PM |#7  
Flag Lethbridge
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Only issue I have noticed with this.. When enabled, HDR+ mode is no longer available on nexus 6p. Disable this mod and HDR+ shows up again. Any way around it?
19th December 2016, 10:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimes

Only issue I have noticed with this.. When enabled, HDR+ mode is no longer available on nexus 6p. Disable this mod and HDR+ shows up again. Any way around it?

I've getting this as well
21st December 2016, 07:21 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 808

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmilla15

Try these steps:
1. Disable the module
2. Reboot
3. In the Google Now setup voice model/OK Google from any screen
4. Enable the module
5. Reboot to recovery
6. In recovery, wipe cache and dalvik/cache
7. Reboot
8. You should have google assistant working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimes

No clue, I'm guessing HDR+ probably depends on specific prop which my module overrides in order to enable Assistant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
28th December 2016, 01:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Still in trouble.... Cannot format Dalvik cache as twrp for the model does not support f2fs data partition. But resetprop succeed and shows Pixel XL in status. Any ideas?

Well....It turns out to be a delay. After I woke the phone with "Ok, Google" twice, the assistant appears.
The Following User Says Thank You to gongzhen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gongzhen Ad-Free
30th December 2016, 05:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

Try these steps:
1. Disable the module
2. Reboot
3. In the Google Now setup voice model/OK Google from any screen
4. Enable the module
5. Reboot to recovery
6. In recovery, wipe cache and dalvik/cache
7. Reboot
8. You should have google assistant working.

Not working for me on viper10 4.4 full ROM. Only seems to make a delay in OK Google detection. Otherwise, no assistant.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)