FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] HEVC+SloMo GCam on OP3&3T/5

486 posts
Thanks Meter: 354

By CrashOverride1995, Senior Member on 1st September 2017, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, this is my first Magisk module which I created seeing the recent development on the Modded Google Camera which is going on.

This modules is specifically designed for the OnePlus 3T and 5. It replaces the media_profiles.xml located at /system/etc/ to enable the HEVC (High Efficiency Video Codec). This results in increased quality due to the newer codec at the same bitrate which was being used with H264.
This module also enables 60fps video recording in Google Camera on OnePlus 3T/5 and also fixes slow motion crash on Google Camera which enables you edit SloMo videos (with sound) made with Google Camera in Google Photos and change the part where you need SloMo and where you need real-time just like iPhones.

Available in Magisk Repo

NON FUNCTIONAL AS OF NOW ON OREO ***ONLY HEVC WORKS ON OREO*** WILL BE UPDATED ONCE A FIX IS RELEASED

Changelog

Code:
v3.2 - Minor fixes to improve functionality on OxygenOS.

v3.1 - Updated to latest Magisk template.

v3.0 - Added support for Oreo.

v2.5 - Removed 60fps mod since Modded Gcam supports 60fps by default

v2.4 - Updated to latest Magisk Template 1400

v2.3 - Added support for OnePlus 3

v2.2 - Fixed Slo-Mo not working in OOS Camera.

v2.1 - Enabled Slow Motion for Google Camera

v2.0 - Added 60fps recording capability for Google Camera

v1.1 - Added support for OnePlus 5

v1.0 - Initial Release
Credits
@tusar8 for HEVC mod
@iaTa for 60fps mod
@AcmE85 for Slow Motion fix on GCam
@theduke7 and @Sytis for testing it on their OP3s
@theduke7 for Oreo support workaround

Attached Files
File Type: zip HEVC+SM_GC_OP3&3T_and_OP5-v3.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (22.1 KB, 6044 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CrashOverride1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CrashOverride1995 Ad-Free

4th September 2017, 10:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
What is the reason for the OP3 not being supported as it features almost the same hardware and definitely the same unified software? I hope you can help me out with the reasoning
The Following User Says Thank You to Sytis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sytis Ad-Free
4th September 2017, 06:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi, Delhi, India

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytis

What is the reason for the OP3 not being supported as it features almost the same hardware and definitely the same unified software? I hope you can help me out with the reasoning

I didn't test it on that device, I have both the 3T and 5 with me personally and can test stuff on them so that's why I didn't mention the 3. I am absolutely sure about this working on 3T and 5.

PS - If you are willing feel free to test it out and PM me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CrashOverride1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CrashOverride1995 Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 06:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi, thanks a lot for this. Would you be able to provide the media_profiles.xml file as well so we can easily see what has been applied?
The Following User Says Thank You to geotsai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geotsai Ad-Free
25th October 2017, 05:33 PM |#5  
Flag Newtowncunningham
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Any chance you could do a version with increased bitrate? I don't think the video recording looks very good quality on the OP5, would be good if it can be improved
26th October 2017, 12:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotsai

Hi, thanks a lot for this. Would you be able to provide the media_profiles.xml file as well so we can easily see what has been applied?

Extract it from the module zip.

26th October 2017, 12:47 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0 HaVoK 0v

Any chance you could do a version with increased bitrate? I don't think the video recording looks very good quality on the OP5, would be good if it can be improved

OP5 records at 20Mbps for 1080p and 42Mbps for 4K, which I think is okay for the respective resolutions as YouTube uses way less bitrate while streaming i.e 8000kbps for 1080p and 35-45Mbps for 4K (this is similar to OP5).

PS - YouTube reference if you are comparing the recorded video to a YouTube video of similar resolution.

10th November 2017, 03:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Chrome app can't connect to the internet after v2.5, firefox app works fine though. Using OP3T.
10th November 2017, 03:20 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShironLive

Chrome app can't connect to the internet after v2.5, firefox app works fine though. Using OP3T.

This module has nothing to do with Chrome. It's a derp on your side.

17th November 2017, 10:05 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Does it works on oreo?
17th November 2017, 10:35 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanov2

Does it works on oreo?

The latest v2.5 should work on Oreo but I have not yet tested it on Oreo. Please try and report back.
P.S. Don't forget to take a backup first.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)