Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

m0yP

Oct 21, 2013
AGS
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Google Pixel 8
Update - 11/28/2017
After recent events I've decided to discontinue this module.
You must now use the official stuff instead.
Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

Note: To avoid any issues within Magisk you must fully uninstall this module prior getting the official one.

Disclaimer:
Code:
So yeah, I'm not responsible for any hardware damages, 
device not booting up, data loss or whatever.
You must know what are you doing.
Backup everything important before flashing stuff!!

Background:
- Magisk allows us to get systemless root access, also to add modules to enhance our Android experience overall.
- YouTube Background Playback is (was?) a beloved Xposed module that nowadays is not possible to have in Nougat or above.
- There are already a couple of these modules here in XDA, but I decided to build my own and share it with you guys.

Requirements:
- Android 5.0+
- Rooted device.
- Magisk 14.0
- Magisk Manager 5.3.0
- To know your device's architecture.

Installation:
- Disable your current YouTube app in Settings (if any).
- Choose your architecture (ARM, ARM64, x86 or x64).
- Install within Magisk Manager (Magisk -> Modules -> "+" -> Choose downloaded zip from storage -> Reboot when prompted).
- Disable automatic Play Store updates. Or you can use @hinxnz's Detach mod to stop PS notifications once and for all.
- Profit!

Updating:
- Just flash again the module in Magisk/recovery and reboot.

Note:
All YouTube apks are no-dpi, so they are compatible with any screen size.

Bugs:
- Some users are reporting that after installing module and rebooting, YouTube is not there and module shows as "pending" in Magisk. Flashing in recovery fixes this in most cases.
- This module does not break SafetyNet, so don't try to hide it from any app or you may get errors.
- After flashing the module YouTube app does not show in drawer. Re-enabling app in Settings -> Apps might work.
- YouTube FC. Make sure your ROM does not theme the app itself, i.e. using Substratum. Disable theming and try again.

Credits:
@topjohnwu for developing Magisk.
@Master_T for his original iYTBP mod.
@ZaneZam, @Razerman and @laura almeida for their new "vanced" YouTube base APKs. Great work there!
@Gigobitto, @Rom and @DarkenVamp for their support in the Telegram group.

Download folders:
ARM: Android File Host, Mega
ARM64: Android File Host, Mega
x86: Android File Host, Mega
x64: Android File Host, Mega

Telegram group.
Telegram channel.

Github Source.

Current YouTube version is 12.45.56 for ARM and ARM64; 12.44.53 for x86 devices; 12.32.60 for x64 devices, all stock and black-themed.

Attachments

• bgplay.jpg
    bgplay.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 45,761
  • magisk.jpg
    magisk.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 38,079
  • version.jpg
    version.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 5,885
Last edited:

harpin14789

Nov 17, 2012
Dallas
Disclaimer:

Background:
- Magisk allows us to get systemless root access, also to add modules to our setup to enhance the Android experience overall.
- YouTube Background Playback is (was?) a beloved Xposed module that nowadays is not possible to have in Nougat or above.
There are a couple of these modules already here in XDA, but I decided to build my own and share it with you guys.
- I will update the modules once new iYTBP releases become available.
- Hope you like it!

Requirements:
- Android 5.1+
- Rooted device.
- Magisk 12 and above.
- Magisk Manager 4 and above.

Installation:
- Uninstall/deactivate any existing YouTube app.
- Choose your architecture (ARM, ARM64, x86, x64).
- Install within Magisk Manager.
- Reboot when prompted.
- Enjoy!

Bugs:
Not a bug per-se, but YouTube's base apk may be a couple of versions behind Play Store's one.
Play Store will ask for an update. If you update by this method, you will loose your current perks.
There are "fixes" for this, i.e. using Titanium Backup to detach the app from P.S., it may stop working after a while.

Credits:
@topjohnwu for creating Magisk.
@Master_T for his iYTBP app.
@vemacs for his AdFree YouTube Template for Magisk.

Downloads:
ARM devices
ARM64 devices
x86 devices
x64 devices
Source
Whats the version number of the YouTube app inside the module?

m0yP

Oct 21, 2013
AGS
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Google Pixel 8

Dentora

Feb 7, 2016
My S7 crashes when I try to use background playback looked and it seems to be the system notification cant find the youtube.apk to get the icons. the screen locks up and then Youtube crashes every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update - 11/28/2017
    After recent events I've decided to discontinue this module.
    You must now use the official stuff instead.
    Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

Note: To avoid any issues within Magisk you must fully uninstall this module prior getting the official one.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    So yeah, I'm not responsible for any hardware damages, 
    device not booting up, data loss or whatever.
    You must know what are you doing.
    Backup everything important before flashing stuff!!

Background:
    - Magisk allows us to get systemless root access, also to add modules to enhance our Android experience overall.
    - There are already a couple of these modules here in XDA, but I decided to build my own and share it with you guys.

Requirements:
    - Android 5.0+
    - Rooted device.
    - Magisk 14.0
    - Magisk Manager 5.3.0

Installation:
    - Disable your current YouTube app in Settings (if any).
    - Choose your architecture (ARM, ARM64, x86 or x64).
    - Install within Magisk Manager (Magisk -> Modules -> "+" -> Choose downloaded zip from storage -> Reboot when prompted).
    - Disable automatic Play Store updates. Or you can use @hinxnz's Detach mod to stop PS notifications once and for all.
    - Profit!

Updating:
    - Just flash again the module in Magisk/recovery and reboot.

Note:
    All YouTube apks are no-dpi, so they are compatible with any screen size.

Bugs:
    - Some users are reporting that after installing module and rebooting, YouTube is not there and module shows as "pending" in Magisk. Flashing in recovery fixes this in most cases.
    - This module does not break SafetyNet, so don't try to hide it from any app or you may get errors.
    - After flashing the module YouTube app does not show in drawer. Re-enabling app in Settings -> Apps might work.
    - YouTube FC. Make sure your ROM does not theme the app itself, i.e. using Substratum. Disable theming and try again.

Credits:
    @topjohnwu for developing Magisk.
    @Master_T for his original iYTBP mod.
    @ZaneZam, @Razerman and @laura almeida for their new "vanced" YouTube base APKs. Great work there!
    @Gigobitto, @Rom and @DarkenVamp for their support in the Telegram group.

Download folders:
    ARM: Android File Host, Mega
    ARM64: Android File Host, Mega
    x86: Android File Host, Mega
    x64: Android File Host, Mega

Telegram group.
    Telegram channel.

Github Source.

Current YouTube version is 12.45.56 for ARM and ARM64; 12.44.53 for x86 devices; 12.32.60 for x64 devices, all stock and black-themed.
    New version is up! 12.42.59 for ARM and ARM64 devices, stock and black themed.

Also, as per group's members request, new Telegram Channel is live. Join here!

:D
    Guys, new version 12.34.55 is up for ARM and ARM64 devices. Stock and black-themed :D
    Guys, new version 12.40.59 is up! ARM and ARM64 versions, themed and stock look :D
    You have no idea how much time, effort and hard work is put EVERY SINGLE DAY for this mod.
    And that too not of just one person.
    Some really good developers came forward and united and put forward our ideas together to make this happen.
    You only see the front end of the game.
    Every single day (even during the work hours) we are tinkering with crazy obfuscated code (and sometimes it doesn't even make any sense) thanks to Google.
    We try our best to bring out the Vanced version as fast as we can for every official version.
    Yesterday night instead of dealing with Monday's real life work, all effort and resource was put into development of this project. And when it was almost done we (Not me, I was watching Narcos) were too tired that we slept off without even testing the fruit of our labor.

It all started with @Master_T. He started this project but he was too busy to keep working on it. Then I and @ZaneZam decided to do unofficial updates to @Master_T's work with his permission on his thread. Later a few more developers came to our aid. Now there are a total of 5 developers working on this project, me, @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @arter97, and @zelendel
    With the addition of each new members it is getting easier to work on this.

Do you know how this module is created ?
    You just have to download the apk and magisk template.
    1. Copy the apk to the magisk template (put it in /system/app/YouTube)
    2. Open the module.prop file and enter your name on it.
    DONE!
    That's it. that's all you have to do to create the "magisk module"

@Anova's Origin was there with us from the beginning and he is the first person to release the magisk module. After that two other people is also doing the same. one is OP of this thread and another guy is @mondohow

Do know the OP of this thread initially didn't gave proper credits even when I asked for it.
    If the OP really wanted to contribute to this project he would have collaborated with us. He doesn't even showed any interest in the ACTUAL development.

When @Didgeridoohan said he'd rather see one from the official developer @ZaneZam), he is acknowledging all the effort and hard work put into creating this mod.

We really don't ask anything in return.
    @ZaneZam or me or anyone else who is working on this project can just build one single version for our device and be done with it.
    But we are not doing that, do we ?
    We want everyone to enjoy this as we do.
    We keep on adding new mods and themes as per the request of people in this community even though we never use most of these mods/themes.
    All we ask in return is to show us some respect and maybe help us out if you can.
    Don't steal our work, Don't hesitate to give credits, and Don't make unofficial version of the exact same thing when the official one exist.
    Code:
    XDA rule 12-4. 
    Developers can issue take down requests (by contacting the Dev Relations team) under the following circumstances:

- in-process builds start showing up on forums when the developer is not yet ready to release the work;
    - cases in which another developer is too aggressively soliciting donations or misrepresenting the work (kanging);
    - unofficial builds where an official build is already available;

The permission to create module was only granted to @Anova's Origin and he has been doing that since the beginning and helping us out and releasing it in our thread (in the 3rd post) while we work on fix the mod itself. In the early stage the mod itself was buggy and lots of time was required to fix it. so @Anova's Origin was handling (still handles) official magisk version. OP never came to us about this module.

I'm getting tired of all the BS about this. At the end of the day, I believe if you are developing this mod is for everyone to use. I'm just putting stuff together, as my Github always stated, and I've never taken credit for something that is not mine. But I've always sensed some disgust from you with this thread, I gave proper credits when asked (didn't know more people were involved besides ZaneZam) so as I wrote before, don't know what you expect from here. I see some of your fanboys are always linking the "official" thread in here and I have nothing against that, since OP has them also.

The module is relatively easy to build, I know, but I also try to provide support for the module itself, which as you may know, it's not that easy to get it working on all devices and all ROMs. There's a Telegram group with 240+ members for that. Some really cool guys like @Gigobitto also assist other users who can't get the module working on their devices. There's already a list of known issues (about the module, of course) and how to solve them. So, as you can see, it's not only "stealing" others' work, but also help others as well.

I provide black-themed modules, while your so-called official module does not. I get the idea that sometimes you just want something that works instead of building something from scratch, and if you encounter any issue, there will be someone who will try to help you.

I don't have any issue in taking this down. It all started before ZaneZam took over and his post was moved to #2 in Master_T's iTYBP thread. I found this will be more clean than searching to page 200+ for the links. Things have changed and you almost have your own thread now, so let the puppeteer @ZaneZam write some words here and I'll gladly put and end to this. Let's get this done as grown ups.

Peace.