After recent events I've decided to discontinue this module.
You must now use the official stuff instead.
Thanks to everyone who made this possible!
Note: To avoid any issues within Magisk you must fully uninstall this module prior getting the official one.
So yeah, I'm not responsible for any hardware damages, device not booting up, data loss or whatever. You must know what are you doing. Backup everything important before flashing stuff!!
- Magisk allows us to get systemless root access, also to add modules to enhance our Android experience overall.
- YouTube Background Playback is (was?) a beloved Xposed module that nowadays is not possible to have in Nougat or above.
- There are already a couple of these modules here in XDA, but I decided to build my own and share it with you guys.
- Android 5.0+
- Rooted device.
- Magisk 14.0
- Magisk Manager 5.3.0
- To know your device's architecture.
- Disable your current YouTube app in Settings (if any).
- Choose your architecture (ARM, ARM64, x86 or x64).
- Install within Magisk Manager (Magisk -> Modules -> "+" -> Choose downloaded zip from storage -> Reboot when prompted).
- Disable automatic Play Store updates. Or you can use @hinxnz's Detach mod to stop PS notifications once and for all.
- Just flash again the module in Magisk/recovery and reboot.
All YouTube apks are no-dpi, so they are compatible with any screen size.
- Some users are reporting that after installing module and rebooting, YouTube is not there and module shows as "pending" in Magisk. Flashing in recovery fixes this in most cases.
- This module does not break SafetyNet, so don't try to hide it from any app or you may get errors.
- After flashing the module YouTube app does not show in drawer. Re-enabling app in Settings -> Apps might work.
- YouTube FC. Make sure your ROM does not theme the app itself, i.e. using Substratum. Disable theming and try again.
@topjohnwu for developing Magisk.
@Master_T for his original iYTBP mod.
@ZaneZam, @Razerman and @laura almeida for their new "vanced" YouTube base APKs. Great work there!
@Gigobitto, @Rom and @DarkenVamp for their support in the Telegram group.
ARM64: Android File Host, Mega
x86: Android File Host, Mega
x64: Android File Host, Mega
Current YouTube version is 12.45.56 for ARM and ARM64; 12.44.53 for x86 devices; 12.32.60 for x64 devices, all stock and black-themed.