FORUMS

Advanced Charging Controller (acc)

1,642 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,974
 
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2020, 11:37 AM |#3401  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
The button to activate and deactivate ACCA stopped working on last update. I woke up and saw my battery at 100%. The app work flawlessly untill you press that button and it go from blue to grey. When i press it once, i need to restart my smartphone to get ACC working again.

Sent from my Samsung SM-G955F using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200321-113617_XDA.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	4975725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200321-113206_ACCA.jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	4975727  
21st March 2020, 06:59 PM |#3402  
Senior Member
Flag DF
Thanks Meter: 229
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarr3

...

Where did you get the latest ACCA app from?

Nvm, found it.
24th March 2020, 05:04 PM |#3403  
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR25

You're welcome!
Install the latest version (linked previously) and try limiting the charging current to 1000 mA or so: acc -s c 1000.
If the current still raises above* your limit, try enabling the cooldown cycle: acc -s cooldown_charge=50 cooldown_pause=10 cooldown_capacity=40 cooldown_temp=40 max_temp=45.

* Check with acc -w.


Hey man, I'm sorry to bother you again. I'm having issues with the app regarding the charge percent cutoff. I have to set the Ma limit manually every time I restart the phone to get it to stick, but the phone still charges to 100%. I have the limit set to 80, and the phone does wake the screen when it hits 80. However it then after some time continues to charge to 100. Is there some kind of failsafe that is preventing it from limiting the charge to 100 on the Pixel 4 xl? Has anyone had luck getting it to work?
30th March 2020, 11:56 AM |#3404  
VR25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,974
 
Donate to Me
More
ACC 2020.3.30-dev (202003300)
- -C|--calibrate: charge until battery_status == "Full"
- acc -i: fixed current_now conversion (Redmi 6 Pro and other msm8953 based devices)
- acc -u, install-latest.sh: optional -k|--insecure flag
- accd manages capacity_sync loop_delay_charging, loop_delay_discharging and switch_delay parameters dynamically
- Charging switch tests take significantly longer (switch_delay=18); this leads to more consistent results
- Enable Android battery saver on capacity <= shutdown_capacity + 5
- Enriched help text (acc -h|--help)
- Major optimizations
- More modular design
- Portability enhancements
- Vibrate 3 times when an error occurs
- Vibrate 5 times on capacity <= shutdown_capacity + 5, and again on each subsequent capacity drop
- Vibrate 5 times when acc --calibrate reaches 100%
- Updated documentatio

https://github.com/VR-25/acc/release...-202003300.zip


FAQ

> Why, when and how should I calibrate the battery?

With modern battery management systems, that's generally unnecessary.

Many low-end and old devices are not as sophisticated.
If your battery is underperforming, refer to https://batteryuniversity.com/index....ry_calibration.

The calibration command is acc -C. It lets the battery charge to true 100% capacity (POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Full) - meaning, as soon as this command reports 100%, it's time to unplug. Subsequently, the battery must be allowed to discharge fully - i.e., until the system shuts down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarr3

The button to activate and deactivate ACCA stopped working on last update. I woke up and saw my battery at 100%. The app work flawlessly untill you press that button and it go from blue to grey. When i press it once, i need to restart my smartphone to get ACC working again.

Thanks for reporting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal3223

Hey man, I'm sorry to bother you again. I'm having issues with the app regarding the charge percent cutoff. I have to set the Ma limit manually every time I restart the phone to get it to stick, but the phone still charges to 100%. I have the limit set to 80, and the phone does wake the screen when it hits 80. However it then after some time continues to charge to 100. Is there some kind of failsafe that is preventing it from limiting the charge to 100 on the Pixel 4 xl? Has anyone had luck getting it to work?

Try the latest release.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to VR25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VR25 Ad-Free
30th March 2020, 11:59 AM |#3405  
VR25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,974
 
Donate to Me
More
Config parse error fix (paste and run as root):
sed -i 's/^On /# On /' /data/adb/acc-data/config.txt; sed -i 's/^On /# On /' /sbin/.acc/acc/default-config.txt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200330_130623.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	4982075  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VR25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VR25 Ad-Free
30th March 2020, 03:13 PM |#3406  
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR25

Config parse error fix (paste and run as root):
sed -i 's/^On /# On /' /data/adb/acc-data/config.txt; sed -i 's/^On /# On /' /sbin/.acc/acc/default-config.txt


Thank you for the update! I'm having a lot of trouble with the default txt though even after running the script with root. I have gotten it to somewhat work, but on a reboot it stops working again. I'm now getting force closes on the app. It does seem to be respecting the 1000ma charging limit when it is working now, but doesn't stop charging at the limit set. I tested several charging switches, and have tried two that "works". Any advice? Should I uninstall the app and module and try again?
30th March 2020, 09:45 PM |#3407  
VR25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,974
 
Donate to Me
More
**2020.3.30-r1-dev (202003301)**
- Misc fixes
- Preserve as many config parameters as possible across (up|down)grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal3223

Thank you for the update! I'm having a lot of trouble with the default txt though even after running the script with root. I have gotten it to somewhat work, but on a reboot it stops working again. I'm now getting force closes on the app. It does seem to be respecting the 1000ma charging limit when it is working now, but doesn't stop charging at the limit set. I tested several charging switches, and have tried two that "works". Any advice? Should I uninstall the app and module and try again?

The default config had typos that caused a lot of trouble. The zip will be pushed to the repo later. I'm currently experiencing issues with the GitHub website.

EDIT
https://github.com/VR-25/acc/release...-202003301.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip acc-202003301.zip - [Click for QR Code] (76.7 KB, 68 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VR25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VR25 Ad-Free
31st March 2020, 03:21 AM |#3408  
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR25

**2020.3.30-r1-dev (202003301)**
- Misc fixes
- Preserve as many config parameters as possible across (up|down)grades

The default config had typos that caused a lot of trouble. The zip will be pushed to the repo later. I'm currently experiencing issues with the GitHub website.

EDIT
https://github.com/VR-25/acc/release...-202003301.zip


It seems to be working now! Thank you man. The cool down as well as the charge limit is working on the Pixel 4xl. I'm going to do more testing on the Ma charge limit and I'll let you know if it works. Before, I could get it to take through commands in Termux, but it would then not charge to a limit. So it was one or the other. I'll see if this update fixes it.

Thank you again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jal3223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jal3223 Ad-Free
31st March 2020, 11:49 AM |#3409  
gorilla p's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 2,807
 
Donate to Me
More
This latest release seems to break ACCA.
Going back to the "Bundled" version gets it working again. Is there anything that I should know about getting ACCA to work with this update?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200331-054726.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	4982729  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorilla p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gorilla p Ad-Free
31st March 2020, 03:04 PM |#3410  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla p

This latest release seems to break ACCA.
Going back to the "Bundled" version gets it working again. Is there anything that I should know about getting ACCA to work with this update?

On last couple updates i faced with same pronlem n solved this way :

First install new update via magisk, then uninstall ACCA, reinstall ACCA n then restart

I use ACCA version 1.0.23 (27) btw
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_poseidon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_poseidon Ad-Free
1st April 2020, 12:13 AM |#3411  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Does this work even my device is power off?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery life extender, battery lifespan, charging control, disable charging, li-ion

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes