FORUMS

[Module] Magisk DRM Disabler

345 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By Atrate, Senior Member on 21st March 2020, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
https://gitlab.com/Atrate/magisk-drm-disabler

READ THIS FIRST

Some (quite a few) users have reported various breakages due to this module. It is not really possible to fix them, since it seems that DRM might be integrated to tightly into some ROMs. You have been warned.

Description
A Magisk module designed to disable DRM (Digital Restrictions Management) completely on Android devices using Magisk, for reasons of security or ethics (see: Opposing Digital Rights Mismanagement and Examples of proprietary DRM).

Installation
  1. Install through Magisk Manager
OR
  1. Download the module from the releases
  2. Flash the module through Magisk Manager or TWRP/OrangeFox

Grab the newest release on GitLab or GitHub

THIS IS NOT A MODULE THAT WILL HELP YOU BYPASS DRM PROTECTION
Quite the contrary, it will make you unable to watch any DRM-restricted content.

This is an alpha release
I am not responsible for any damage done to your device by this module, so flash at your of discretion

LOOKING FOR TESTERS!
If you're interested in helping the project by being a tester, please refer to CONTRIBUTING.md

Credits
topjohnwu for magisk

Changelog

License
This project is licensed under the GPL-3.0-or-later.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Atrate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Atrate Ad-Free
10th April 2020, 03:33 PM |#2  
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 94

More
sad to say but after flashing your module on my device my volumes are not working. even set low its still got sounds or music! Removed module on magisk manager then issue is gone! 🤔
10th April 2020, 11:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemathic

sad to say but after flashing your module on my device my volumes are not working. even set low its still got sounds or music! Removed module on magisk manager then issue is gone! 🤔

All device sounds or just music in some apps?
11th April 2020, 05:18 AM |#4  
Flag Naval

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrate

All device sounds or just music in some apps?

all devices sounds! i set it to mute but still got a sounds! removing the modules fixed it. hopes you get a fix
11th April 2020, 10:29 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemathic

all devices sounds! i set it to mute but still got a sounds! removing the modules fixed it. hopes you get a fix

Wonder what this could be caused by. Let's see if anyone else has a similar issue. What device and ROM do you use?
11th April 2020, 11:48 PM |#6  
Flag Naval

More
Quote:

Wonder what this could be caused by. Let's see if anyone else has a similar issue. What device and ROM do you use?

i have redmi note 5 pro (whyred) china variant. any rom i used same issue.
12th April 2020, 02:12 AM |#7  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:

Odd request. Anyway you can make a module that actually adds all this stuff to a device that doesn't currently have it?
12th April 2020, 02:29 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLKirk

Odd request. Anyway you can make a module that actually adds all this stuff to a device that doesn't currently have it?

Unfortunately no, it would have to be device-specific, better to ask a custom ROM maintainer for that device
12th April 2020, 12:14 PM |#9  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:

Unfortunately no, it would have to be device-specific, better to ask a custom ROM maintainer for that device

It's a joying headunit for a car and sadly has no custom ROMs. I would attempt it myself but have no clue where to start on making a ROM for a device with no source code lol. But thanks for the reply.
12th April 2020, 03:28 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Two things, what the scope of this module what is it supposed to allow you to do?
Also why not a backup or the original files of one have to go back to the original files
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkcast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkcast Ad-Free
12th April 2020, 11:52 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcast

Two things, what the scope of this module what is it supposed to allow you to do?
Also why not a backup or the original files of one have to go back to the original files

It's a simple module that removes DRM components (services and libraries) from your device for reasons of ethics or security. See the OP for links about that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drm, ethics, foss, gpl, magisk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)