FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] [DEV] Magisk FolderMount v0.8.5

222 posts
Thanks Meter: 230

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Codebucket: Update v0.8.5 released!
Hey Folks!

I am currently working on a module which allows you to easily mount internal SD card folders to external SD folders. This module installs a script in /system/bin, so you can use it later in your scripts, flows or even apps.

Usage
Currently the script allows you to mount and unmount folders. Later, in v0.9 these folders will be added to a list, which will rebind all currently mounted folders after a reboot.

The basic usage for mounting a folder:
Code:
fmount -b [source] (destination)
Source is the folder on your internal SD card in /data/media/0, destination is the folder on the external SD card, which will be detected automatically. If no destination is provided, then it will use the same folder name for the external SD card folder as the from source.

Example:
Code:
fmount -b "WhatsApp" ".foldermount/WhatsApp"
This will result into mounting "/mnt/media_rw/XXXX-XXXX/.foldermount/WhatsApp" as "/data/media/0/WhatsApp". Easy huh?

To unmount a folder, just enter the following command:
Code:
fmount -u [source]
Future plans
This module aims to be a alternative solution to FolderMount, a app created by madmack, but unfortunately his app does not work with MagiskSU anymore. With v0.9 it is planned to add the ability to rebind folders at post-fs-data, so these will be still mounted even after a reboot.

For more information, see this issue on GitHub.

Download
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767154653

XDA:DevDB Information
Magisk FolderMount, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
Codebucket
Source Code: https://github.com/codebucketdev/magisk-foldermount

Version Information
Current Beta Version: v0.8.5
Beta Release Date: 2017-04-18

Created 2017-04-18
Last Updated 2017-04-18
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to Codebucket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codebucket Ad-Free

18th April 2017, 01:16 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cracow

Donate to Me
More
Changelog:
v0.8
  • Initial release
v0.8.5
  • Small bugfixes and improvements
  • Added alternative way to mount folders on boot (post-fs-data.d support)

Download (source code):
https://github.com/codebucketdev/mag...ses/tag/v0.8.5
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Codebucket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codebucket Ad-Free
18th April 2017, 02:19 AM |#3  
Flag Guess Where
Thanks Meter: 1,194

More
Interesting and good job 👌. I'll look into contributing on this one 😆
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free
18th April 2017, 09:46 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cracow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veez21

Interesting and good job . I'll look into contributing on this one

Thank you! I am not the best in writing scripts in bash, so if you have found something then feel free to fork my repo and create a PR then
18th April 2017, 09:56 AM |#5  
Flag Guess Where
Thanks Meter: 1,194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebucket

Thank you! I am not the best in writing scripts in bash, so if you have found something then feel free to fork my repo and create a PR then

Forked
One question, what does listFunc do (when finished)? List the mounted folders?
18th April 2017, 10:40 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cracow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veez21

Forked
One question, what does listFunc do (when finished)? List the mounted folders?

Yes, this should show up a list with folders currently mounted, I will add some comments about this feature later.

The list will contain folder pairs that are mounted, but maybe with v1.0 there should be a way to unmount a folder without removing it from the list.
18th April 2017, 01:26 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cracow

Donate to Me
More
Update v0.8.5 released!
Just some small bugfixes and improvements

Just kidding, I added another way to mount and unmount folders, as I noticed that the previous method won't work when fmount was executed during boot.

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767154653
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Codebucket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codebucket Ad-Free
19th April 2017, 06:41 AM |#8  
Flag Behind yours😁
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Can it used to mount obb folder on sd ( because no xposed for nougat so cant use obb on sd module)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uchiha_It@chi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uchiha_It@chi Ad-Free
19th April 2017, 06:51 AM |#9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 526

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_It@chi

Can it used to mount obb folder on sd ( because no xposed for nougat so cant use obb on sd module)

That's what I was wondering too. Would be awesome to be able to move all those big obb game files to my 200Gb microSD card :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Phazonclash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phazonclash Ad-Free
19th April 2017, 07:06 AM |#10  
Flag Ragusa
Thanks Meter: 189

More
not tried yet, there is a graphical interface like foldermount app or its only command line based?
19th April 2017, 07:07 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cracow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoz

not tried yet, there is a graphical interface like foldermount app or its only command line based?

Only command line based for now, I am still not into Android app development for now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Codebucket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codebucket Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)