Thanks Meter: 9,417

By Didgeridoohan, XDA Ad-Free Forum Moderator on 12th May 2018, 10:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2020, 01:35 AM |#3091  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

I can't reproduce any of the issues you are seeing... I've tested with different terminals and busybox installs on my end and everything works as expected, so there's something wrong on your end that we need to figure out. When working with or trying to upload any of the module logs and files, first copy them from /data/adb/mhpc to your internal storage. That should make things work as expected.

The Busybox installation from the Magisk repo failed miserably and it seems like you have a magisk.img file on your device that shouldn't be there. I would suggest that you do a full uninstall of Magisk and then install again, to make sure that there are no leftovers of previous installations laying around and causing issues (which it currently seems like there is).

Ah, well now that you say that, it might make some sense! When rooting, I didn't want to fully install a recovery cause it's screwed me in the past, so I just used the TWRP image to get the phone to boot into recovery so I can install from the Magisk-vXX.zip, but without fully installing a recovery (I documented my rooting procedure here). This workaround got Magisk to install and give me root, and on Android 8 and 9 I was able to just
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /system
and then
Code:
echo "net.tethering.noprovisioning=true" >> /system/build.prop
. Whatever Google did with Android 10 prevents you mounting /system as rw, but following your workaround for using the propsconf directly does the trick! I'm not sure how I'd uninstall Magisk at this point. Do you think it's worth it to continue messing with it? Perhaps I'd have to do a factory reset and then do the whole rooting thing from scratch? And I don't know how I'd even install Magisk any other way besides how I did it the last time. I thought that was a full install of Magisk without the full install of TWRP. Finally got the logs zipped up and attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mhpc logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (20.6 KB, 2 views)
24th March 2020, 07:15 AM |#3092  
OP Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeo3000

Ah, well now that you say that, it might make some sense! When rooting, I didn't want to fully install a recovery cause it's screwed me in the past, so I just used the TWRP image to get the phone to boot into recovery so I can install from the Magisk-vXX.zip, but without fully installing a recovery (I documented my rooting procedure here). This workaround got Magisk to install and give me root, and on Android 8 and 9 I was able to just and then . Whatever Google did with Android 10 prevents you mounting /system as rw, but following your workaround for using the propsconf directly does the trick! I'm not sure how I'd uninstall Magisk at this point. Do you think it's worth it to continue messing with it? Perhaps I'd have to do a factory reset and then do the whole rooting thing from scratch? And I don't know how I'd even install Magisk any other way besides how I did it the last time. I thought that was a full install of Magisk without the full install of TWRP. Finally got the logs zipped up and attached.

You've been given a very complete and comprehensive answer by @ipdev in the general support thread on how to install Magisk without TWRP:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...2/post82087567

I just wanted to add that there should be no need to do a factory reset. The only thing you really need to be careful with is that if you've previously unencrypted your device it will be encrypted again if you uninstall Magisk and boot up without installing it again (this happens automatically when doing a full uninstall from the Manager). But, it might not be necessary to do a full reinstall of Magisk. See more below...

There's nothing to note in the logs unfortunately, everything appears normal. The only thing that's off is what we've already seen in the Busybox NDK installation log, and that turns out it might be caused by a bug in the Magisk cleanup code. You should be able to fix that easily yourself.

Go to /data/adb and delete the magisk.img file (that should be there according to the Busybox install log). After that you should be able to install the Busybox module and hopefully the module should start working as expected.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
24th March 2020, 08:52 AM |#3093  
OP Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
@akerenyi The above, about simply deleting the magisk.img file in /data/adb might fix your issue as well.
25th March 2020, 10:04 AM |#3094  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:

You've been given a very complete and comprehensive answer by @ipdev in the general support thread on how to install Magisk without TWRP:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...2/post82087567

Thanks for the link!
@ipdev - thanks for the info!
The Following User Says Thank You to chooks06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chooks06 Ad-Free
29th March 2020, 09:01 AM |#3095  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 69

More
I've been trying to get this working for some time now but with no success. Attached is my log. If any more info is needed, I'd be happy to provide!
Attached Files
File Type: gz propslogs.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (38.9 KB, 4 views)
29th March 2020, 09:22 AM |#3096  
OP Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemDoctor

I've been trying to get this working for some time now but with no success. Attached is my log. If any more info is needed, I'd be happy to provide!

It's not an issue with this module, but rather that something is wrong with the Magisk boot process on your device. The late_start service mode triggers way to early so no scripts in the boot stage runs.

You could try disabling one module after another and see if it's one of your installed modules that is causing it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
29th March 2020, 09:59 AM |#3097  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:

It's not an issue with this module, but rather that something is wrong with the Magisk boot process on your device. The late_start service mode triggers way to early so no scripts in the boot stage runs.

You could try disabling one module after another and see if it's one of your installed modules that is causing it.

Thanks! Disabled a few and it works now! Turns out it was the CloudFlare DNS Module.
29th March 2020, 10:08 AM |#3098  
OP Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemDoctor

Thanks! Disabled a few and it works now! Turns out it was the CloudFlare DNS Module.

Great. The issue was triggered right after that modules post-fs-data script, so it makes sense.
30th March 2020, 02:29 PM |#3099  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi since magisk updated I can't get my banking apps to open. I'm on lineage nightly os 25.03.20. Am I doing something wrong?
30th March 2020, 04:14 PM |#3100  
Thanks Meter: 1,770

More
OnePlus 7 Pro NR GM1920 updated Android 10 fingerprint: OnePlus/OnePlus7ProNR_EEA/OnePlus7ProNR:10/QKQ1.190716.003/2003171325:user/release-keys__2020-03-01
OnePlus 7 GM1901 and 1905 updated Android 10 fingerprint: OnePlus/OnePlus7/OnePlus7:10/QKQ1.190716.003/2003131900:user/release-keys__2020-03-01
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
31st March 2020, 10:12 PM |#3101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

MagiskHide Props Config v5.2.4

Start here!
First off all, if you have any questions start by scrolling down to the "Documentation index" (or go straight to the documentation on GitHub) and see if whatever you wonder about is covered there (most things are).

If you're wondering about the latest and greatest after an update, take a look at the changelog and accompanying release notes.

And please don't hesitate to support the work and effort that is involved in keeping the guide alive.

What's this?
This module is a very complicated way of doing something very simple. Complicated for me, that is... The aim is to make it easy for you, the user. The module changes prop values using the Magisk resetprop tool, something that is very easy to do with a Magisk boot script and some simple commands. This is very useful for a lot of things, among others to help pass the SafetyNet CTS Profile check on custom and uncertified ROMs. And of course for any normal modification of your device that is done by altering build.prop or similar files.

What this module does is that it adds a terminal based UI for those that don't want (or can't) create a boot script for themselves, making the process of creating such a boot script very simple. With this module I'm also maintaining a list of certified build fingerprints for a number of devices, so that it's easy to pick one you want to use.

Keep reading below to find out more details about the different parts of the module, and also check out the documentation for a more extensive description of the module funtions.

Prerequisites
  • Magisk v19+.
  • Busybox, preferably @osm0sis'

Installation
Install through the Magisk Manager Downloads section. Or, download the zip (attached below) and install through the Magisk Manager -> Modules, or from recovery. Combine a recovery installation with the use of the module configuration file and you can set up a certified fingerprint and any custom props you want without first booting on a clean flash. Instant settings.

Usage
After installing and rebooting, run the command props in terminal (you can find a terminal emulator on F-Droid or in the Play Store), and then follow the instructions to set your desired options (also see the documentation on GitHub). If you use Termux, you'll have to call su before running the command.

You can also run the command with options. Use -h for details.

Functionality
SafetyNet fix - changing device fingerprint
Many users keep asking about help with passing SafetyNet. Often, the result is ctsProfile reporting false while basicIntegrity reports true. If that's the case, it's usually just a simple matter of updating the device's fingerprint (ro.build.fingerprint) and SafetyNet will pass. This module can help with that. For more details, check out the documentation on GitHub.

If both the ctsProfile and basicIntegrity checks report false there is a big chance that there is nothing the module can do. Check the documentation for more information.

If you have a working fingerprint that could be added to the list of pre-configured fingerprints (see post #3 for the current list of prints), or an updated one for one already on there, please post that here, toghether with the device details. See here if you're unsure how. Please also include the Android security patch date for the factory image/firmware/ROM that the fingerprint comes from. Note that I test all fingerprints submitted on my own devices, and only add those that can make them pass SafetyNet to the list. If you've submitted a fingerprint and it doesn't get added to the list, it's because it wouldn't let my test device pass SafetyNet.

You may also add your own prints to the list, by placing a file named "printslist", with the fingerprints, in the root of your internal storage. The module will then load these together with the included list. See here for details.

Editing custom props
There are many useful things you can do to your device by changing or removing different properties in build.prop, or even default.prop. With Magisk it's easy to do this, and completely systemless. This module makes it even easier. For more details, check out the documentation on GitHub.

For me, this is the main prupose of this module and personally I've uninstalled any modules I've previously used to do simple prop edits (like changing screen density and volume steps), and only use this module now.

And more
From time to time, there are users that ask for ways to make MagiskHide not change certain prop values. Common examples include ro.debuggable or ro.build.type, that for some ROMs need to be set to certain values for the ROM to work properly. This module can take care of that. For more details, check out the documentation on GitHub.

This module will not help you pass SafetyNet with Xposed installed and active. AND IT NEVER WILL! Xposed cannot be hidden by Magisk, not even if it's systemless!

But, the module might help you circumvent Google's Gapps lockout if you're using a custom ROM, without having to whitelist it.

Please add support for device X
Adding device fingerprints to the list relies heavily on the users. You guys. I've looked up a fingerprint from time to time, but it is a bit time consuming and I don't have that time...

If you want a specific device fingerprint to be added to the module, take a look in the docs, under Finding a certified fingerprint.

If you can find a fingerprint for the device you have in mind, post it in the thread. I'll test it out and if it passes the ctsProfile check I'll add it to the list. Please also include the Android security patch date for the factory image/firmware/ROM that the fingerprint comes from.

Please update fingerprint X
Fingerprints included in the module are updated once in a while. Mainly if a user (that's you) provides the updated fingerprint, but sometimes I do look up new fingerprints on firmware.mobi. That is purely based on how much time I have on my hands and how bored I am though...

If you have an updated fingerprint available (and you've posted it for me to update the list), but I haven't yet updated the fingerprints list (which might be a while depending on how much IRL stuff I have to do), it is still perfectly possible for you to use the updated fingerprint.

You can enter the fingerprint manually in the "Edit device fingerprint" menu in the module, you can use the configuration file, or you can make a custom fingerprints list.

Issues
If you're experiencing issues, start by taking a look in the documentation, under Issues.

Also, when reporting about problems, please provide logs. This is easiest done with the "Collect logs" feature of the props script, and then just attaching the resulting, packaged file to your post with a detailed description of the issue. See the documentation for more details.

Known issues
For the moment, nothing special (I think). If you've got issues, take a look at the most common problems listed in the documentation.

More details - The Docs
For more details, check out the documentation on GitHub.

Documentation Index

Miscellaneous MagiskHide issues
If you're having other issues passing SafetyNet or otherwise getting MagiskHide to work, take a look in the Magisk and MagiskHide Installation and Troubleshooting Guide. Lots of good info there (if I may say so myself)...

Donations
If you've had any help from me or this module, any kind of donation to support the work involved would of course be appreciated.

Source
GitHub

Credits
@topjohnwu, for Magisk
@Zackptg5, @veez21 and @jenslody, for help and inspiration
@ipdev, for being always helpful and bringing tons of fingerprints to the module list
And of course, everyone that provides fingerprints for me to add to the list. The module wouldn't be the same without you guys. Thank you!

Previous releases
Any previous releases can be found on GitHub.

Releases up until v2.4.0 are compatible with Magisk v15 to v16.7.
Releases from v2.4.1 are compatible with Magisk v17 to 18.1.
Releases from v4.0.0 are compatible with Magisk v19+.
Releases from v5.0.0 are recommended for Magisk v19.4+.

The current release is attached below:

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cts profile, hide, magisk, props, safetynet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)