FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Working for Your Device/ROM? Please Post the Brand, Model and ROM if It Doesn't

Yes

14 Vote(s)
40.00%
No

21 Vote(s)
60.00%

[Module][2018.10.4] Miracast, Tethering HDMI Enabler + USB Debugging Notification Dis

1,499 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,312

Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
# <Module name goes here>
## Copyright (C) 2017-2018, VR25 @ xda-developers
### License: GPL v3+

---
#### DISCLAIMER

This software is provided as is, in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty. Always read/reread this reference prior to installing/upgrading. While no cats have been harmed, I assume no responsibility under anything which might go wrong due to the use/misuse of it.

A copy of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or newer ships with every build. Please, read it prior to using, modifying and/or sharing any part of this work.

To prevent fraud, DO NOT mirror any link associated with this project.

---
#### DESCRIPTION

Hide USB Debugging notification, enable tethering, HDMI (& HDMI mirroring), and wireless display mirroring (Miracast). More features may come.

---
#### PRE-REQUISITES

- Magisk v15+

---
#### SETUP STEPS

1. Install/upgrade from Magisk Manager or custom recovery.
2. Reboot.
3. Go to Settings > Display > Cast > 3 dots; tick the "Enable wireless display" checkbox.

---
#### LINKS

- [Facebook Page](https://facebook.com/VR25-at-xda-developers-258150974794782/)
- [Git Repository](https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/<repo name goes here>/)
- [XDA Thread](https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-miracast-tethering-enabler-adb-t3611335/)

---
#### LATEST CHANGES

**2018.10.4 (201810040)**
- Magisk 15+ support
- Set prop values aggressively.
Attached Files
File Type: zip module_name_goes_here-2018.10.4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (19.3 KB, 6160 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to VR25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VR25 Ad-Free

25th May 2017, 05:53 PM |#2  
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 979

Donate to Me
More
You should note it's for marshmallow mainly. Doesn't work on Nougat for many devices. Untested on android O.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LazerL0rd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LazerL0rd Ad-Free
25th May 2017, 07:05 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerL0rd

You should note it's for marshmallow mainly. Doesn't work on Nougat for many devices. Untested on android O.

I've tested only on Moto Z Play stock Nougat and LineageOS based ROMs. You may be right. Perhaps some manufacturers hardcode their ROMs to bypass this kind of modification. I don't have any other device to test this on. I'll post a poll to see how that goes. Thanks.
25th May 2017, 09:33 PM |#4  
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 979

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR25

I've tested only on Moto Z Play stock Nougat and LineageOS based ROMs. You may be right. Perhaps some manufacturers hardcode their ROMs to bypass this kind of modification. I don't have any other device to test this on. I'll post a poll to see how that goes. Thanks.

Well, ik on Nexus it doesn't work in any stock based Nougat ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LazerL0rd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LazerL0rd Ad-Free
26th May 2017, 07:58 PM |#5  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Will it work in Kitkat or Lollipop?
26th May 2017, 08:47 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynelfss

Will it work in Kitkat or Lollipop?

Yes, but it may not work on some devices/ROMs. You should try and report back.
The Following User Says Thank You to VR25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VR25 Ad-Free
26th May 2017, 09:01 PM |#7  
Flag ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerL0rd

Well, ik on Nexus it doesn't work in any stock based Nougat ROM.

Yes. Miracast on LineageOS only work for now. (It's just fixed this problem, no magisk module, no editing build prop)
The Following User Says Thank You to zurik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zurik Ad-Free
26th May 2017, 09:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR25

After installing and rebooting, go to Settings > Display > Cast > Click the 3 dots > Enable Wireless Display > Done.

Now you can mirror your phone's screen to any Miracast supported device, such as TVs and Windows 10 PCs.

Note: this may not work on some devices/ROMs.

Is there a uninstaller incase it doesn't work on my phone? Running resurrection remix 7.1.2
26th May 2017, 10:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0013z

Is there a uninstaller incase it doesn't work on my phone? Running resurrection remix 7.1.2

Usually, this doesn't cause any issue in case it doesn't work. You can easily remove it from the Magisk Manager app. Alternatively, you can also mount magisk.img from recovery and delete the folder "magiskmiracast" inside /magisk.
Use this recovery flashable zip
https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...9&d=1489956274
to mount magisk.img to /magisk.
26th May 2017, 11:25 PM |#10  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Miracast is working for me but only for some minutes I play videos, show some pictures and the screen freeze only in my Smartv.

I play videos and more with Allcast and it doesn't happen

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to RokCruz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RokCruz Ad-Free
27th May 2017, 12:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
No luck for me
Oneplus 2 a 2003 rr 5.8.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)