FORUMS

[module] NotoColorEmoji Blob Patch

297 posts
Thanks Meter: 540

By simonsmh, Senior Member on 23rd September 2017, 02:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Noto Emoji with Blobs enabled
This repository is intended to continue the development of the Blob emojis which have been abandoned by the original creators in 2017.

My goal is to upgrade the Blob emojis with a fresh style which is consistent to other emoji vendors.

Another thing is that this emoji set includes some emojis and ZWJ-sequences which are not part of the current emoji standard (although some or most of them are about to be included in the upcoming Unicode-standard), which means it might be one of the biggest emoji sets currently available! NotoColorEmoji fonts are provided by C1710's project.

NOTICE
You should use latest Magisk Manager to install this module. If you meet any problem under installation from Magisk Manager, please try to install it from recovery.

https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/blobmoji
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to simonsmh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonsmh Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 06:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
What program did you use to edit the Oreo emojis? I tried Emoji Tools but it doesn't work with the Oreo fonts.
17th October 2017, 03:03 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiDim42

What program did you use to edit the Oreo emojis? I tried Emoji Tools but it doesn't work with the Oreo fonts.

I don't change any fonts. Please read the source code of my module first.
18th October 2017, 08:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Downgrade
Can I downgrade the module?

I updated recently and I don't like the new Android Oreo Emojis.
19th October 2017, 02:51 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher_01

Can I downgrade the module?

I updated recently and I don't like the new Android Oreo Emojis.

Me too! So why not try this module?

Edit: ops I didn't understand. Sorry for my bad English.
19th October 2017, 07:16 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
That's the effect of my module. It prefers blob emojis in nougat than O emoji. So that we wouldn't meet fonts missing problem in other "replacing only" module.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171019-141156.png
Views:	2702
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	4307353  
19th October 2017, 09:07 PM |#7  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 7

More
If someone could blob-ify the new emojis manually, could they be added to this module? (or to a fork)
20th October 2017, 06:03 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IganSchacht

If someone could blob-ify the new emojis manually, could they be added to this module? (or to a fork)

Sure. I will do anything possible for the person who would like to do that for community.
20th October 2017, 11:44 AM |#9  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Here's an album I found on Reddit a while ago. It's impressive. https://imgur.com/a/yb13F

There should be a way to edit one of the .ttf files.
The Following User Says Thank You to IganSchacht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IganSchacht Ad-Free
20th October 2017, 07:54 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
I'm not sure what you mean with blob or blob-ify, the emojis are just a font file.

Anyway, I decided to go a different way and used an app called Emoji Changer. It simply backups and replaces the font file using root. The downside compared to a Magisk module is, that the system partition needs to be changed. But this is no problem for me.

@simonsmh You maybe want to create more versions of your module, one for each emoji font (Android Nougat, Android Oreo, maybe more).

As I said, I installed the module and used and liked my Android Nougat emojis. Then an update arrived, I installed it, and had the Android Oreo emojis, which I don't like.

So, is it possible to downgrade a Magisk module in general?
21st October 2017, 02:46 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher_01

I'm not sure what you mean with blob or blob-ify, the emojis are just a font file.

Anyway, I decided to go a different way and used an app called Emoji Changer. It simply backups and replaces the font file using root. The downside compared to a Magisk module is, that the system partition needs to be changed. But this is no problem for me.

@simonsmh You maybe want to create more versions of your module, one for each emoji font (Android Nougat, Android Oreo, maybe more).

As I said, I installed the module and used and liked my Android Nougat emojis. Then an update arrived, I installed it, and had the Android Oreo emojis, which I don't like.

So, is it possible to downgrade a Magisk module in general?

I can't generally understand your meaning. Now does your device have both two emoji like the screen shot I posted above or you just can't see any blob emoji (Android N emoji) and you can only see Android O emoji?

To test it, please visit https://emojipedia.org/emoji-4.0/ and you should see that there is showing up blob emoji. While in https://emojipedia.org/emoji-5.0/ you could see that all the emoji comes from Android O emoji. That's the normal effect that this module does.

There are huge amounts of fonts replacing module, already made by other developer, only if you don't need emoji compatibility.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)