FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] Android Mic Fix

373 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By Nomelas, Senior Member on 19th November 2016, 02:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Description
Fixes in call low volume mic issues for various Android devices.

Can also fix "Ok Google" detection.

Tested on OnePlus One running both Android 6, 7 & 8 Roms

Note: Originally designed for the OnePlus One but will work for some others. Your mileage will vary.

How it works

Uses the tool "resetprop" to modify the default values found in build.prop to:

Code:
ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=true  
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false  
use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=true
Requirements
  • Magisk v16.0 or higher

Links

Changelog

v3.2.4
  • Bump to 3.2.4
v3.2.3
  • Updated template to v1500
v3.2.2
  • Updated template to v1400
v3.2.1
  • Fixed Template & cache bug
v3.1.1
  • Fixed Magisk Manager download bug. Should be good to download through the manager now.
v3.1
  • Updated template to v4
  • Updated to Magisk v13.1
v3
  • Changed to now use PROPFILE
  • Updated to Magisk v12.0
v2
  • Name changed from OnePlus One (bacon) Mic Fix
  • Updated template to v3
v1
  • Initial Release

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Nomelas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nomelas Ad-Free

28th January 2017, 09:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Perfect I just use this and modify the build prompt. What exactly is the issue from? Is one mic dead and needs replacing thus using this work around or is it something separate to that?
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnstan725 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Johnstan725 Ad-Free
29th January 2017, 06:17 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
This is a module for magisk. You need to flash that first before flashing this. If you found this thread somehow but don't know what magisk is, I suggest you read up on magisk first. This module modifies the build.prop so you don't need to, and persists through updates.

I'm not sure what the cause is, but it's the same or similar fix that many OPO owners have used.
2nd February 2017, 08:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I love you, really. This finally fixed my microphone issue on my Nexus 6P!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denvit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift denvit Ad-Free
10th March 2017, 07:06 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Will this also work on the oneplus 3 and oneplus 3t? I seem to have this mic issue on both 3 and 3t. Thanks.
10th March 2017, 07:55 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli169

Will this also work on the oneplus 3 and oneplus 3t? I seem to have this mic issue on both 3 and 3t. Thanks.

It's untested but has been reported to work on other phones. There's no harm in trying, if you have issues just remove the module. Let me know if it works.
13th March 2017, 05:29 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How does this work? After installing this module I checked the build.prop and it's still the same as before but somehow my mic is now working properly.
13th March 2017, 05:40 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alif1994

How does this work? After installing this module I checked the build.prop and it's still the same as before but somehow my mic is now working properly.

It doesn't change the build.prop file, only what value is loaded for the props at system startup. More info here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...opers-t3473486
13th March 2017, 05:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

It doesn't change the build.prop file, only what value is loaded for the props at system startup. More info here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...opers-t3473486

Oh that is interesting. So I won't have to modify build.prop everytime I update. Thanks for the explanation.
The Following User Says Thank You to alif1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alif1994 Ad-Free
13th March 2017, 05:53 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alif1994

Oh that is interesting. So I won't have to modify build.prop everytime I update. Thanks for the explanation.

No worries. That's one of the beautiful selling points of Magisk... If you've clean flashed an update, all you have to do is flash the Magisk zip and your modules and voila! All your mods (build.prop, replacing system sounds, debloating apps, moving apps to system, etc) are already done as soon as you boot up! If you do a dirty update all you probably have to do is flash Magisk again since your modules will still be in /data.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 01:23 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Updated for magisk 11.6

Changed name to Android Mic Fix
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomelas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nomelas Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)