QuickSwitch is a module which allows the user to change which launcher has access to quickstep (Pie recents). It's future proof, detects which launchers are capable of being the recents provider, and is fairly simple to use.
- Android Pie.
- Magisk 18.0+
- A launcher which can be used as a recents provider.
To use the module, simply follow the instructions:
1. Flash this module.
3. Open the QuickSwitch app that was installed.
4. Select a different launcher as your recents provider.
6. Verify your new recents provider is correct.
7. Set the new recents provider as the default launcher.
After switching providers and rebooting, make sure the current provider is the default home app and you should notice that whilst in the launcher the back button is gone and you'll have the full Pie recents experience.
To switch providers after the initial install just open the app, select a new provider and reboot.
To update, just flash the module over itself.
To uninstall the module, use the bin icon in magisk manager. Your recents provider will go back to default and your launcher will return to being a user app.
QuickSwitch saves all its logs to /sbin/.magisk/img/quickstepswitcher/logs/ and /sdcard/Documents/quickstepswitcher/ all logs belonging to QuickSwitch begin with quickstepswitcher. If you have any issues with the module send all 4 log files in a compressed archive.
As stated earlier, the QuickSwitch app auto-detects which launchers are compatible so it's going to be difficult to say a definitive list. But for an easy explanation, I'll just say that all stock Pie launchers will work as long as they are either ported to other devices or are installed by default on your device.
Currently, the only custom launchers which work as providers are Lawnchair and
No, Nova Launcher is NOT compatible and from what they've stated on Twitter, I doubt they will ever be compatible.
- You can grab the source for the module here
The SystemUI option will grant you Oreo style recents.
- @paphonb for the QuickSwitch app and the initial concept and idea of a universal Quickstep enabler.
- The Lawnchair and Hyperion team's for initial testing of the module.
Download the latest version here (the file that says "QuickSwitch-vx.x.x", if you choose source it isn't a flashable zip.) or in the Magisk repo.
Current version: 2.0.0
Last updated: 24-3-2019