24 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By matpower64, Junior Member on 11th June 2017, 04:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
SonyAppsEnabler
Code:
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, corrupt sdcards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features 
 * included in this mod before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make 
 * these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up 
 * your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Background:
Made by Zenith, Sony Apps Enabler is a ported version of Sony devices' framework files for any Android device. This tricks Play Store into recognizing your Android as a Sony device and therefore, allowing you to install and update Sony devices specific apps directly from Play Store.
For more info, please check the original thread here.

By using this module, you're able to use the following Sony apps:
  • Music
  • Album
  • Xperia Keyboard
  • Calendar
  • Weather
  • Sketch
  • Other apps by Sony Mobile Communications

Downloads:

You can download it from Magisk Manager or find versions for Magisk v12 and v13 here.
Note: The original version for Magisk v12 has a higher versionCode than the one on Magisk Manager for Magisk v13, so you'll need to reinstall it to make Magisk Manager keep track of it. I did this mostly for easier updating on the repo and to avoid breaking Magisk v12 installs as the v4 template is incompatible with pre-v13 Magisk.

Installation:
  • Download and flash the Sony Apps Enabler file through TWRP or Magisk Manager.
  • Reboot.
  • Clear Play Store's data.
  • Open Play Store and install your preferred Sony apps.
Bugs:
None so far.

Credits:
Sony for providing the apps.
A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems and XOSP Community for essential files.
@darjwx, @shavendum, @Araib93, @flash- and @TechnoSparks for assisting Zenith.
@Zenith for originally creating this package.
@topjohnwu for creating Magisk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170610-235903.png
Views:	5234
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	4177851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170610-234051.png
Views:	5126
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	4177852  
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to matpower64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matpower64 Ad-Free

11th June 2017, 12:48 PM |#2  
Flag Coruña
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Bravia engine should work in album app?
For no-xperia

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk
16th June 2017, 11:16 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag São Paulo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonfebo

Bravia engine should work in album app?
For no-xperia

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk

I believe that Bravia Engine is a camera related feature, I messed around with the Sony Album app and didn't find any Bravia Engine related setting in either videos or photos.
The Following User Says Thank You to matpower64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matpower64 Ad-Free
13th July 2017, 03:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There is no effect on Magisk v13.1

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Expect to increase support for Sony SoundEnhancement
18th July 2017, 03:55 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag São Paulo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs20073

There is no effect on Magisk v13.1

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Expect to increase support for Sony SoundEnhancement

For Magisk v13.x, I need to update the template to v4. I'm going to do this between today and tomorrow and maybe push it on the Magisk Modules repo.

For features and enhancements, check the original thread, I'm only repacking it for Magisk.
The Following User Says Thank You to matpower64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matpower64 Ad-Free
22nd July 2017, 04:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Because magisk uninstall, resulting in sony app is still inside, how to get rid of?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

V4 there are two, how specific how to use?
8th August 2017, 03:39 PM |#7  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 660

More
@matpower64 I tried flashing your module, both, for magisk 13.3 and both gave the same error, something like not a valid zip file. I figured out what was the issue and repacked your zip file. Then it flashed just fine but it gave me bootloop. I confirmed it after clean flashing everything from scratch. Without this module, my phone booted just fine but after flashing it, again bootloop.

Rom - PA 7.1.3 unofficial
Device - Falcon
Gapps - Pico
Magisk - 13.3
The Following User Says Thank You to rahul1892 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rahul1892 Ad-Free
8th August 2017, 10:54 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag São Paulo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1892

@matpower64 I tried flashing your module, both, for magisk 13.3 and both gave the same error, something like not a valid zip file. I figured out what was the issue and repacked your zip file. Then it flashed just fine but it gave me bootloop. I confirmed it after clean flashing everything from scratch. Without this module, my phone booted just fine but after flashing it, again bootloop.

Rom - PA 7.1.3 unofficial
Device - Falcon
Gapps - Pico
Magisk - 13.3

Hmm, could you get the magisk.log in /cache after a bootloop? The .zips were working last time I tested them, just wondering, do you get the same problem if you download it directly from Magisk Manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hs20073

Because magisk uninstall, resulting in sony app is still inside, how to get rid of?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

V4 there are two, how specific how to use?

Sorry for the wait, but you should be able to uninstall the apps as if they were normal applications after removing Magisk. (Unless I misunderstood you, then I am sorry)
15th August 2017, 01:06 AM |#9  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Latest album app not working force close (8.4.A.0.2) but the version 8.0.A.1.18 works fine plz fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to alvarocraftermc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alvarocraftermc Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 04:52 AM |#10  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 660

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matpower64

Hmm, could you get the magisk.log in /cache after a bootloop? The .zips were working last time I tested them, just wondering, do you get the same problem if you download it directly from Magisk Manager?

Sorry, i couldn't get back to you as i did clean flash and manually moved the sony apps in system which i use. As you suggested, this time i downloaded the module from magisk manager and it works just fine. Thanks for this awesome module.
The Following User Says Thank You to rahul1892 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rahul1892 Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 06:36 AM |#11  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarocraftermc

Latest album app not working force close (8.4.A.0.2) but the version 8.0.A.1.18 works fine plz fix it

Same here, on the last PA ..the 8.0.A works, the newer updates no
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)