FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Module] Systemless Substratum (Legacy/Layers Mode)

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 157

Post Reply Email Thread
v2 Uploaded. Now includes uninstaller in the .zip file under "uninstaller" directory. This can be flashed in TWRP so it removes both the module
and everything Substratum writes in data (/data/system/theme and /data/resource-cache) hence providing you with a total clean slate in case
anything goes wrong. This is your reset button.
Of course you will have to reinstall the module before applying any new theme configuration. Failure to do so, Substratum WILL write in /system.

Uninstaller also available as a separate attachment on this post.

So this is the result of updating my device to Nougat and hating with a passion the white notifications which I find entirely unusable :P
The only way to theme the notifications is using a Substratum theme. If you're using a custom ROM with OMS support you're good to go
but for the rest of us with stock/TW etc ROMs you can only use Substratum Legacy mode on rooted devices which taints the system partition.
This module allows the use of Substratum themes in Legacy mode, without writing anything in /system.

Instructions:
1. Install module in Magisk and reboot.
2. Apply any Substratum theme.
3. Reboot.

In case of reflashing your ROM, as long as you don't wipe the data partition, the moment you reinstall Magisk, your theme will be automatically re-enabled.

Until the module is in the magisk repo, you can download the .zip and install from Magisk manager.

Github:https://github.com/Nodens-/systemless-substratum-legacy

This has only been tested on my own device, (Samsung S6 Edge+ 928F) running Stock Nougat.
It should work with any ROM and Themes which support the Legacy mode.
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to Nodens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nodens Ad-Free

18th June 2017, 04:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Deleted
18th June 2017, 06:19 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Will it work in lineage os
18th June 2017, 06:59 PM |#4  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2k10

Would this work on TW MM 6.01?

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Labs

Has not been tested but it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhil Rahman

Will it work in lineage os

Also not tested. If Lineage supports the Legacy mode then yes.

Basic rule of thumb. If Legacy mode works on your rom, this will allow you to use it without writing to /system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nodens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nodens Ad-Free
18th June 2017, 07:24 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodens

Has not been tested but it should.

Also not tested. If Lineage supports the Legacy mode then yes.

Basic rule of thumb. If Legacy mode works on your rom, this will allow you to use it without writing to /system.

Shows invalid zip format when flashing in twrp
18th June 2017, 07:26 PM |#6  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hold on I'll attach tested .zip file on OP to simplify things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nodens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nodens Ad-Free
18th June 2017, 07:50 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodens

Hold on I'll attach tested .zip file on OP to simplify things.

Working perfectly.thanks for the module.now i dont have to reinstall themes after every firmware update.thank you very much.does it cause any problems to the changes that happens after firmware update
18th June 2017, 07:56 PM |#8  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
None whatsoever. Enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nodens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nodens Ad-Free
18th June 2017, 08:58 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,394

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you download the ZIP from GitHub, it creates duplicate empty folders. If you remove them, it'll work.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
18th June 2017, 09:45 PM |#10  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 255

More
May I ask if this module will bring anything more than the Beta version of Substratum here ?
The Beta allows modification without root.
18th June 2017, 11:00 PM |#11  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahceneamine

May I ask if this module will bring anything more than the Beta version of Substratum here ?
The Beta allows modification without root.

Actually it has nothing to do with the beta functionality which allows you to theme NON-SYSTEM apps without root. You can't theme the notifications with the beta for example.
The module allows you to theme everything you can theme in Legacy mode. But without writing in system partition.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)