FORUMS

[Module] Systemless Substratum (Legacy/Layers Mode)

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 159

Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2017, 08:02 PM |#21  
Flag Culiacan Sinaloa
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThommmF

I can confirm it working with LOS 14.1 with Substratum in legacy mode on OP3T with theme Swift Black. I had to choose "v7.1 OMS" in Swift Black's settings.

My notifications are beautifully black now.

Could you please share with me, which options did you pick on swift black to get the black notifications?
19th June 2017, 08:10 PM |#22  
Flag BLN
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marqobazua

Could you please share with me, which options did you pick on swift black to get the black notifications?

Like I wrote above:

v7 1 OMS

That just worked. I uninstalled all previously applied overlays before. And a reboot is necessary.
19th June 2017, 09:02 PM |#23  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,053

More
Quote:

Like I wrote above:

v7 1 OMS

That just worked. I uninstalled all previously applied overlays before. And a reboot is necessary.

So it works as with OMS support with this module? That is great, I'm waiting for yesterdays LOS update for my device to try this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using XDA Labs
19th June 2017, 09:21 PM |#24  
Flag Culiacan Sinaloa
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

Like I wrote above:

v7 1 OMS

Actually i was talking about which options you choose after you select x7.1 OMS you applied android system?
20th June 2017, 01:33 AM |#25  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Can't get it to work on my TW MM Galaxy S5. When I try to apply an overlay (have tried 4 different ones), substratum gives me the following error:

» [com.android.phone]: Unfortunately, there was an exception trying to create a new APK
» [com.android.phone]: Installation of "com.android.phone" has failed.
20th June 2017, 02:13 AM |#26  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 487

More
Thanks for this great module! I will be testing this on my S7 edge. Hopefully it'll work.

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

System UI FC. D*mn, any solution to remove overlays?
20th June 2017, 02:28 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'm using S7 edge with TW rom
What should i choose from ( Swift Black ) to apply a black notification background ?
20th June 2017, 02:32 AM |#28  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,494

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooshaw

Can't get it to work on my TW MM Galaxy S5. When I try to apply an overlay (have tried 4 different ones), substratum gives me the following error:

» [com.android.phone]: Unfortunately, there was an exception trying to create a new APK
» [com.android.phone]: Installation of "com.android.phone" has failed.

Ask the theme developer. Not every theme or part of a theme is Legacy compatible. All this module does is mount /system/vendor/overlay to the magisk.img.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitoTakatori

System UI FC. D*mn, any solution to remove overlays?

Delete them from /magisk/systemless-substratum-legacy/system/vendor/overlay.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yochananmarqos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yochananmarqos Ad-Free
20th June 2017, 02:47 AM |#29  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

Delete them from /magisk/systemless-substratum-legacy/system/vendor/overlay.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

Thank you for replying. I will try this. Can I access this thru TWRP? Because I can't get in my phone OS.
20th June 2017, 02:58 AM |#30  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I can confirm it working with LOS 14.1 with Substratum in legacy mode on OP3T with theme Swift Black. I had to choose "v7.1 OMS" in Swift Black's settings.

My notifications are beautifully black now.

I also chose v7.1 OMS in Swift Black settings in lineage OS. Now notifications are white with white text. Any suggestions?
20th June 2017, 03:21 AM |#31  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 159

Donate to Me
More
Like @yochananmarqos said. You should check the information of the themes you want to apply. Substratum themes have lots of options. Some themes do not support Legacy mode in all options or at all.
All my module does is prevent Substratum from writing in /system. To find out which options to apply for each theme you have to read the theme developer's info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nodens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nodens Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)