[Module][Magisk][Pixel][Pixel 2][Bootanimation][Systemless]

Search This thread

dr.bathman

Dec 11, 2015
Vadodara
Here some magisk modules which can install Google Pixel (2016) & Google Pixel (2017) phones' bootanimation systemlessly.

Available modules:
Google Pixel (2016) dark bootanimation
Google Pixel (2016) white bootanimation
Google Pixel 2 (2017) white bootanimation
Google Pixel 2 (2017) dark bootanimation (Mod made by @TECHNO_THUNDER)
Download:
Download appropriate file from attachments..

Compatibility: Magisk 14.0+

How to install?
Flash from TWRP
Or
Flash from magisk manager v5.3+

Note: Modules are full HD i.e. 1080p size.

Attachments

• Google-pixel-dark-bootanimation-systemless.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,793
  • Google-pixel-white-bootanimation-systemless.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,884
  • Google-pixel-2-white-bootanimation-systemless.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,735
  • Google-pixel-2-dark-bootanimation-systemless.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 6,947
  • Pixel-White-Bootanimation-Systemless-v2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 928
  • Pixel-2-Dark-Bootanimation-Systemless-v2.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 10,529
  • Pixel-2-White-Bootanimation-Systemless-v2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 4,366
  • Pixel-Bootanimations-All-v2.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 3,035
  • Pixel-Dark-Bootanimation-Systemless-v2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,521
Last edited:

krimin_killr21

Sep 24, 2013
Raleigh
Hey! So I wasn't able to get this to change my boot animation. I know I have everything else setup right because other Magisk modules work, but when I reboot my phone with this installed the default boot animations plays. Any ideas?

Which one you tried? Which ROM, device?
Hey,
I just tried the Pixel 2 white on my Nexus 5X with Android 8.1 and I still see the stock animation. In /system/media/ also in /matisk/MODULENAME/ I see the Pixel bootanimation with right permissions. When I uninstall module and copy that bootanimation.zip to /system/media/ it works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using XDA Labs

clps995202

Apr 29, 2016
Taoyuan
Got the same problem too. Installed it as normal, but still see the stock boot animation. Running on xiaomi redmi note 4 with miui 7.10.26 by xiaomi eu and magisk v14.3.

mm1rza

Apr 27, 2016
I love this bootanimation ?
can u share image on the first boot
i need for my splashscreen ??

dr.bathman

Dec 11, 2015
Vadodara
I love this bootanimation ?
can u share image on the first boot
i need for my splashscreen ??
Unzip & find out bootanimation.zip then unzip it too.. there will be all images. Also for correct resolution of your phone's splash just open file in quick pic & take ss for black bootanimation. For white, you need to put it on white background manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here some magisk modules which can install Google Pixel (2016) & Google Pixel (2017) phones' bootanimation systemlessly.

Available modules:
    Google Pixel (2016) dark bootanimation
    Google Pixel (2016) white bootanimation
    Google Pixel 2 (2017) white bootanimation
    Google Pixel 2 (2017) dark bootanimation (Mod made by @TECHNO_THUNDER)
    Download:
    Download appropriate file from attachments..

Compatibility: Magisk 14.0+

How to install?
    Flash from TWRP
    Or
    Flash from magisk manager v5.3+

Note: Modules are full HD i.e. 1080p size.
    Could you send or post correct archive, because no one link works? I wanna install it for 1+3 with magisk 17.1
    I've attached my version updated for Magisk 17 (template version 17000). It works for me on my Pixel running Pie with the September security patch. It only worked once right after I flashed the September OTA. Magisk isn't loading post-fs-data in time for it to load before the boot animation.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA Labs
    you can update template ? then do it, now you are just making blah-blah-blah and noting useful

my zip work on my 1+5 with magisk 16.3
    Seeing how it worked, maybe you just forgot to update the template version in the module.prop. Also, the version and versionCode need to be bumped. No reason to get bent out of shape. Mistakes help you learn.

Here's the Pixel 2 Dark version updated to template 1500:
    @dr.bathman

Some info and critique:

Magisk cannot replace the bootanimation in /system directly since the Magisk image is not mounted until after it starts. See post #7 of the main Magisk post:

For example, you want to replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip, copy your new boot animation zip to /cache/magisk_mount/system/media/bootanimation.zip with any root explorer, Magisk will mount your files in the next reboot.

To add it to a module, you would set POSTFSDATA to true and add this to /common/post-fs-data.sh:
    Code:
    mkdir -p /cache/magisk_mount/system/media/
    cp -f $MODDIR/system/media/bootanimation.zip /cache/magisk_mount/system/media/bootanimation.zip

In all four of your modules, the MODID in config.sh is googledialercontactsmessages. The id in module.prop has the proper names.

Also, the permissions are already set in config.sh for 0755 for folders and 0644 for files. The line you added to set 0644 permissions for the bootanimation.zip is redundant and unnecessary.
    I have Xiaomi Mi A1 and it has standard Android One boot animation which I hated the most. So I downloaded the dark Pixel 2 boot animation from the above list and extracted the bootanimation.zip from inside system/media. Then I copied it in my internal memory. After that I opened ES file explorer and went to system/media and renamed the current bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip1 for back up and copied the pixel boot animation zip file in the media folder. That's it! The boot animation is changed successfully. Now I am working on to change the splash screen.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Sadly I've have the same situation as the pixel 2 on my xiaomi mi A1, I think at this point it's correlated to the a/b partition

Don't flash the zip file from Magisk. Just extract it and pull out bootanimation.zip from system/media. Copy it in your phone memory. Now open ES file explorer on your device and head on to system/media. You will find a bootanimation.zip file. Rename it to bootanimation.zip1 for future back up and now copy the pixel boot animation zip here that you have previously copied in your device. That's it. You now have the Google pixel boot animation. I have Mi A1 and that's how I changed boot animation. Flashing didn't work for me.