FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE][Terminal] Debloater v17.1 - Debloat Systemlessly!

2,153 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,535

Post Reply Email Thread
[TERMINAL] DEBLOATER

Debloat your phone Systemlessly! Debloating can sometimes be device specific. OEM apps can sometimes be a trash to a user but not to the other. So I decided to make a module to Customize the uninstallation of a system app (in Magisk) with a UI in Terminal emulator. So you can help yourself in uninstalling your own bloat!
[/SIZE]

How to use:
  1. Flash in a recovery
  2. Go to Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, refer below)
  3. Type su and enter
    Code:
    debloat
    or use the command line for ease of use or other stuff
  4. Select the apps to uninstall (systemless!). But remember that the names of the apps won't be accurate (like Velvet which is actually the Google app) if you have no aapt in your system.

** Use the options
Enter
Code:
debloat -h
and it will be pretty easy to understand.

** How to debloat multiple apps
Enter multiple numbers. That's it.
For example, enter 1 18 25 24 56. That would debloat the apps with the corresponding number in the listed apps shown to you in the menu.

** If you have a blank list of apps, or want to use ADB Shell, use -nc.
Code:
debloat -nc
** Uploading logs
Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that
Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Short video guide:
[YOUTUBE]VKBdxR373ZM[/YOUTUBE]

Download here or at Magisk Manager
GitHub
Changelogs
Telegram Channel
Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
The Following 113 Users Say Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free

4th April 2017, 08:21 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guess Where

Donate to Me
More
LIST OF ALL SH*TTY APPS BY OEMs

[LIST] All shitty LG apps by @popy2006
[LIST] All shitty T-Mobile LG apps by @famewolf

Give me a list to be posted here 🙂
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 08:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guess Where

Donate to Me
More
F.A.Q

Q. How does this work?
A. To put it simply, debloat is a script magic mounted in /system/bin ($PATH variable) so that it can be executed directly in Terminal Emulator and present you with a "UI" that you can interact with to uninstall System Apps.
Q. Are the apps frozen or uninstalled?
A. They're uninstalled. To put it simply, the apk files in /system are replaced by a blank file, which basically removes/uninstalls them from /system.
Q. How does the Reinstall option work?
A. It removes the blank files used to replace to apk files in /system. Which brings the apk back after a reboot. Basically the same thing that happens when you disable/uninstall a Magisk module.
Q. Some kind of error popped out, what do I do?
A. Type logs in the menu then send the link generated or send me these files: /cache/terminal_debloater.log and /cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log ; so I can look for the bug
Q. I accidentally uninstalled an important system app (e.g. System UI) and got in a bootloop, what do I do?
A. Simple, mount magisk from here. Then delete the app folder of the system app you've uninstalled in /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/app or /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/priv-app then that should undo it
Q. Apps are still in the app drawer after debloating...
A. You can then uninstall them like a normal user app.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 09:27 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guess Where

Donate to Me
More
Here's a little video tutorial on how to use this module by @Truant_Luce

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPE...ature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 09:31 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,571

Donate to Me
More
Nice! One for the repo, I'd say!

Should probably warn the user a bit clearer that the list won't always accurately reflect the name of the app they're looking for... You'll probably get a lot of questions about it anyway (taking into account the average users indisposition towards reading instructions), but still.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 10:01 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guess Where

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Nice! One for the repo, I'd say!

Should probably warn the user a bit clearer that the list won't always accurately reflect the name of the app they're looking for... You'll probably get a lot of questions about it anyway (taking into account the average users indisposition towards reading instructions), but still.

Thanks. Should have probably added that from the beginning.
I'll submit it to the repo soon
The Following User Says Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 11:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
@veez21 check lines 99 and 126:
mktouch $MODDIR${app[$(($app))]}/.replace
mktouch $MODDIR${privapp[$((privapp))]}/.replace
4th April 2017, 01:19 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guess Where

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader727

@veez21 check lines 99 and 126:
mktouch $MODDIR${app[$(($app))]}/.replace
mktouch $MODDIR${privapp[$((privapp))]}/.replace

There was supposed to be something else in there ( a difference between another variable) and i removed it. But it still works like that. Try it and tell me if there are errors
4th April 2017, 06:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5,175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veez21

There was supposed to be something else in there ( a difference between another variable) and i removed it. But it still works like that. Try it and tell me if there are errors

I was wondering if someone would make a debloater. Great job!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 10:48 PM |#10  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 533

More
Great think, gonna test it tomorrow
Thank you very much !!

Would you be able to create a module to hide apps (user/system) from the pixel launcher?
If yes, would it be much work to do?

Gratefully
Blade
The Following User Says Thank You to BIade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BIade Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 10:54 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guess Where

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIade

Great think, gonna test it tomorrow
Thank you very much !!

Would you be able to create a module to hide apps (user/system) from the pixel launcher?
If yes, would it be much work to do?

Gratefully
Blade

I don't know. But I'll look into it
The Following User Says Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)