[MODULE][Terminal] Debloater v17.3.2 - Debloat Systemlessly!

Search This thread

Avengement

Dec 6, 2017
Sony Xperia X10 Plus
Understood. But I was asking if the ADB App control desktop program this thread is talking about is able to completely delete system apps.

I don't see '"uninstall system apps" in f-droid, but I do see something called "Batch uninstaller" by Sarbajit Saha. It says:

"Batch Uninstaller allows you to uninstall multiple apps at once. If root
permission is not available, you can still delete multiple apps a lot quicker
than you can using the native android implementation. However, you will be
prompted for each app uninstalled. Non Root users can not uninstall system apps.
This is a limitation with the Android Operating system."
ADB is just the command line interface via command prompt on windows for example between a PC and your phone when connected via a USB cable. It has many functions including removing apps individually. You can google tutorials. It's a very slow and tedius process though.

Like I said, I haven't used that app in a while. Do a search for it. There's probably a github repository.

Bigman0988

Jun 15, 2023
ADB is just the command line interface via command prompt on windows for example between a PC and your phone when connected via a USB cable. It has many functions including removing apps individually. You can google tutorials. It's a very slow and tedius process though.

Like I said, I haven't used that app in a while. Do a search for it. There's probably a github repository.
No. I'm not talking about CMD. I was asking about this:
To remove or freeze applications better use
or. ........ This is a more modern version
Source: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/terminal_debloater

Avengement

Dec 6, 2017
Sony Xperia X10 Plus
Never used it so I can't say. It appears to be a gui windows program that runs ADB scripts for you so you don't have to manually type the commands yourself. If this is the case it would have the exact same functionality.

Have you tried it?

EDIT: Reading is your friend. It took about 10 seconds of doing so on the main page before the following:

Just root your device and install the app I suggested instead of all this other nonsense.

Last edited:

Abdul Ah@d

Jul 28, 2022
Redmi 9
Understood. But I was asking if the ADB App control desktop program this thread is talking about is able to completely delete system apps.

I don't see '"uninstall system apps" in f-droid, but I do see something called "Batch uninstaller" by Sarbajit Saha. It says:

"Batch Uninstaller allows you to uninstall multiple apps at once. If root
permission is not available, you can still delete multiple apps a lot quicker
than you can using the native android implementation. However, you will be
prompted for each app uninstalled. Non Root users can not uninstall system apps.
This is a limitation with the Android Operating system."

NO, ADB app control doesnot completely delete the stored apk in the os system partitions, it just uninstalls the apps for the user, a factory data reset will install all the bloatware back.

pspmatrix

Jan 2, 2010
Hi veez 21, Have a question I installed the module but no luck launching through termux, running Android 12 on a galaxy A14

oneoftwo

Aug 6, 2014
I flash file in kernel su , and when I type debloater nothing happened,also ..debloat -h also nothing
1) did you disable "unmount modules by default"? this may be needed for it to work
2) the command should be "su debloat" (with su permissions assigned to your preferred terminal app in ksu, of course)

For me (kernelsu 0.7), it does actually "work" insofar as that I can enter the debloat menu, it lists apps, etc. If I mark apps for debloat, there are no error messages. However, after reboot, the apps are still functional (even though debloat now "correctly" lists them under the "restore apps" section only)...

The one error message that comes up is that debloat doesn't find the built-in ksu busybox. However, from a quick look at the code, this should only be needed for log upload, and not affect core module functionality?

--

update: I double-checked now with a root file explorer, the "debloated" apks do get correctly overlayed with "empty" files, so no idea where/how the android system still manages to locate functioning apks regardless. I have now switched to using AppManager and its root-level disable/hide functionality.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TERMINAL] DEBLOATER

Debloat your phone Systemlessly! Debloating can sometimes be device specific. OEM apps can sometimes be a trash to a user but not to the other. So I decided to make a module to Customize the uninstallation of a system app (in Magisk) with a UI in Terminal emulator. So you can help yourself in uninstalling your own bloat!​
    [/SIZE]

How to use:
    1. Flash in a recovery
    2. Go to Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, refer below)
    3. Type su and enter
      Code:
      debloat
      or use the command line for ease of use or other stuff
    4. Select the apps to uninstall (systemless!). But remember that the names of the apps won't be accurate (like Velvet which is actually the Google app) if you have no aapt in your system.

** Use the options
    Enter
    Code:
    debloat -h
    and it will be pretty easy to understand.

** How to debloat multiple apps
    Enter multiple numbers. That's it.
    For example, enter 1 18 25 24 56. That would debloat the apps with the corresponding number in the listed apps shown to you in the menu.

** If you have a blank list of apps, or want to use ADB Shell, use -nc.
    Code:
    debloat -nc

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Short video guide:

Download here or at Magisk Manager
    GitHub
    Changelogs
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
    LIST OF ALL SH*TTY APPS BY OEMs

• All ****ty LG apps
    F.A.Q

Q. How does this work?
    A. To put it simply, debloat is a script magic mounted in /system/bin ($PATH variable) so that it can be executed directly in Terminal Emulator and present you with a "UI" that you can interact with to uninstall System Apps.​

Q. Are the apps frozen or uninstalled?
    A. They're uninstalled. To put it simply, the apk files in /system are replaced by a blank file, which basically removes/uninstalls them from /system.​

Q. How does the Reinstall option work?
    A. It removes the blank files used to replace to apk files in /system. Which brings the apk back after a reboot. Basically the same thing that happens when you disable/uninstall a Magisk module.
    Q. Some kind of error popped out, what do I do?
    A. Type logs in the menu then send the link generated or send me these files: /cache/terminal_debloater.log and /cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log ; so I can look for the bug :good:​

Q. I accidentally uninstalled an important system app (e.g. System UI) and got in a bootloop, what do I do?
    A. Simple, mount magisk from here. Then delete the app folder of the system app you've uninstalled in /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/app or /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/priv-app then that should undo it ;)

Q. Apps are still in the app drawer after debloating...
    A. You can then uninstall them like a normal user app.​
    UPDATE TO v7.1!

* A/B Partitioned Devices are now supported
    * Fixed configuration resetting when updating (Only on recovery)
    * Fix Busybox detection

Link in the OP or download at Magisk Manager

Thanks for @ydd0ras for testing and donating..
    You can donate at:
    https://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=7296895
    or
    https://www.paypal.me/veez21
    Here's a little video tutorial on how to use this module by @Truant_Luce