FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] Tethering Enabler for Magisk v10/v11

1,105 posts
Thanks Meter: 808

Post Reply Email Thread
I have created a magisk module which enables tethering on phones where it's been disabled by the manufacturer/provider. Please post here if you have a tethering-disabled phone and can test the attached module. It should only work if the tethering has been locked down by your phone manufacturer, it will probably not help you if your provider is blocking tethering.

There are two zip files attached to this thread:
TetheringEnabler.zip -- is magisk v6 compatible.
Tethering_Enabler-10.0.0.zip -- is magisk v10 (and later) compatible.

Please post back if you have a phone with tethering disabled and it helps you, I will then push to have it listed in the official repo. I have no tethering-locked phone so I can't test it myself.
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip TetheringEnabler.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.1 KB, 3268 views)
File Type: zip Tethering_Enabler-10.0.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.4 KB, 9308 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free

2nd February 2017, 04:26 PM |#2  
Cuse
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

I have created a magisk module which enables tethering on phones where it's been disabled by the manufacturer/provider. Please post here if you have a tethering-disabled phone and can test the attached module.

Thanks!

Hey, I'm trying this out just now and I can't seem to get it to work. I install it, reboot, but nothing there. When I try to*enable hotspot, it still is coming back as carrier blocking it.

Magisk 10.2, phh's r266-2 su,*on a*Nexus*6 running stock 7.1.2 w/ Franco kernel

Any thoughts?
The Following User Says Thank You to burkett375 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift burkett375 Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 04:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkett375

Hey, I'm trying this out just now and I can't seem to get it to work. I install it, reboot, but nothing there. When I try to*enable hotspot, it still is coming back as carrier blocking it.

Magisk 10.2, phh's r266-2 su,*on a*Nexus*6 running stock 7.1.2 w/ Franco kernel

Any thoughts?

Oh, sorry man, I completely forgot about it. It was written for the original magisk as a cache-mod which is no longer supported (since version 9). I'l try to post an updated version soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 04:41 PM |#4  
Cuse

More
Quote:

Oh, sorry man, I completely forgot about it. It was written for the original magisk as a cache-mod which is no longer supported (since version 9). I'l try to post an updated version soon.

Awesome - Thanks! I'm trying a different one now, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Edit: I take that back, it seems*to be working. Thanks anyway!
The Following User Says Thank You to burkett375 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift burkett375 Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 05:42 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Awesome - Thanks! I'm trying a different one now, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Edit: I take that back, it seems*to be working. Thanks anyway!

Made the v10-compatible one. What did you try? If there's already module which does that, I'll just take mine down and/or link to it to benefit others.
The Following User Says Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 06:01 PM |#6  
Cuse

More
Quote:

Made the v10-compatible one. What did you try? If there's already module which does that, I'll just take mine down and/or link to it to benefit others.

It was this one:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1&postcount=52

but i don't think it'll hurt to leave it up if it works...yours was the first one that came up on a google search so there might still be a benefit.
2nd February 2017, 06:12 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,563

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It was this one:

but i don't think it'll hurt to leave it up if it works...yours was the first one that came up on a google search so there might still be a benefit.

That one is also based on an old template. The one by @stangri is much more elegant (IMHO).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 06:13 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It was this one:

Thanks for posting it. Yeah, both modules do the same thing, I'll push mine to repo.
The Following User Says Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 06:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

That one is also based on an old template. The one by @stangri is much more elegant (IMHO).

But looking at that one made me realize it doesn't have to be a propmodule (as it doesn't change the system/ro prop), it can be done in post-fs-data so I now switched to that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
7th February 2017, 11:26 PM |#10  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 195

More
My phone (LG v10, T-Mobile) has tethering enabled, but all tethering must be approved by T-Mo when turning it on. I'm running modded stock firmware. Can this module help bypass my carrier's tethering check? If not, what can? I've tried using 3rd-party tethering apps, but when they turn on native tethering, it triggers the check. So far my carrier has detected all my attempts, even when running CM13. I am SIM-unlocked and my phone was bought from a T-Mo store, but currently my carrier is MetroPCS.

Thanks!
7th February 2017, 11:38 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonVendetta

My phone (LG v10, T-Mobile) has tethering enabled, but all tethering must be approved by T-Mo when turning it on. I'm running modded stock firmware. Can this module help bypass my carrier's tethering check? If not, what can? I've tried using 3rd-party tethering apps, but when they turn on native tethering, it triggers the check. So far my carrier has detected all my attempts, even when running CM13. I am SIM-unlocked and my phone was bought from a T-Mo store, but currently my carrier is MetroPCS.

Thanks!

I don't think this one would work for you -- it's only to enable tethering on the phone, I don't think it could help you bypass carrier's check. Maybe others will chime in on what can help you with that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)