FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[MODULE v4] VoLTE & VoWiFi Enabler (2017-08-02)

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By ToucanSam, Member on 31st July 2017, 03:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Update: This module was a trial. The results seem to indicate that there is significantly more work to do to enable VoWiFi or VoLTE.
I will leave this module up for anyone interested in enabling the options, but please be aware it will not make these features work.

VoEnabler
This module edits build.prop to enable VoLTE & VoWiFi features on your device.

Important:
This module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a device that doesn't already support it.
The module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a carrier that doesn't already support it.

Notes: 2017/08/01
I've changed the module from VoLTE Enabler to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. I was going to split them into different modules, but I don't think there's really a point. If you want one you probably want the other and if your device doesn't know what the options are then it should ignore them anyway.
Suggestions: I'd remove the "VoLTE Enabler" module before installing this because the options are the same, but even if you didn't, it won't cause problems.

What did I change?
Code:
# Debug Options
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1 
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1 
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
persist.radio.rat_on=combine
persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1
Why?
My carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi but not on my device. I made this module to forcefully enable it to test if it worked (it hasn't so far).

The only reason I've published this is to give others the chance to try. It may very well do nothing at all. If no one reports success, then I'll update the topic and ask the mods to lock it.
As I understand it, VoLTE and VoWiFi both require carrier side support anyway. Next step would be to see if it's possible to get the settings from compatible devices and see if it's still possible to make a module.
If anyone has any to add or suggestions for doing this, please let me know.

I'm not going to be providing any support for this because I'm not convinced it even works, but your mileage may vary. *shrug*

Credits:
@topjohnwu for Magisk. Especially the documentation and templates.
@shadowstep because I used his Enable Call Recording module as reference.
@fards for some additional build.prop values.

Last updated: 2017/08/02
2017-08-16: Updated post to reflect that this module will enable the options, but won't make them work. Leaving module up for anyone who wishes to experiment.
2017-08-02 (v1.1): Removed "persist.data.iwlan.enable=true" as this was reported to break WiFi calling on some carriers.
2017-08-01 (v1): Renamed to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. Replaced attachment.
2017-07-31 (Beta): Initial commit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip magisk-voenabler-v1.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.3 KB, 16228 views)
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to ToucanSam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ToucanSam Ad-Free

1st August 2017, 12:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
How to know it work or not
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170801-072016.png
Views:	14474
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	4229140  
1st August 2017, 03:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 76

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoela

Make a call to someone,When you are on call,open browser,fresh a webpage,if it freshed,it's OK

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Volte=connect to mobile network when calling
The Following User Says Thank You to daxiaamu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daxiaamu Ad-Free
1st August 2017, 07:40 AM |#4  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxiaamu

Make a call to someone,When you are on call,open browser,fresh a webpage,if it freshed,it's OK

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Volte=connect to mobile network when calling

It is not like that. It supposed to be your are on LTE, and then when you trying to make a phone call, it will immediately switch to HSPDA/3G, and get back to LTE as soon as the call ends. That is the symptom that VoLTE is not supported by the carrier. So if it is working, it should remain on LTE whenever you making a phone call.
The Following User Says Thank You to NXJeff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NXJeff Ad-Free
1st August 2017, 09:49 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
What advantage does the flame make and is it maintained in LTE?
1st August 2017, 10:45 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoela

If it's working, you'll see a little VoLTE icon in the status bar like either of these...

Edit: Sorry. Just to clarify, if the module is working you'll see something like this... in "SIM & Network" in settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitram08

What advantage does the flame make and is it maintained in LTE?

The advantage is higher quality voice when on phone calls. That's really about it.
VoWiFi also exists which lets you make and receive calls from WiFi in case you don't have signal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToucanSam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ToucanSam Ad-Free
1st August 2017, 01:12 PM |#8  
Flag Bojonegoro
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thanks
1st August 2017, 02:06 PM |#9  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 66

More
On my phone i changed the CSC-File to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi, i didn't know that it can be enabled in the build.prop too. i have a S7 Edge BTW.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170801-150119.png
Views:	6000
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	4229633
1st August 2017, 03:24 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iradj

On my phone i changed the CSC-File to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi, i didn't know that it can be enabled in the build.prop too. i have a S7 Edge BTW.
Attachment 4229633

From memory, that's a Samsung only feature? CSC files.
The build.prop stuff is generic so should work on any device. And Magisk so means not modifying /system.

I'm still not convinced it does anything by itself, but I figure it's easier to make a simple module and let folks give it a try. If it genuinely does nothing and no one can figure anything else out, then I'll delete the attachment and modify the first post so at least there is something to search for that says "THIS DOESN'T WORK. DON'T BOTHER".
The Following User Says Thank You to ToucanSam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ToucanSam Ad-Free
1st August 2017, 03:53 PM |#11  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Just tried this on my OP3, gave me the enhanced 4g option but when I turn it on it doesnt make any difference. On call the network drops down to 3g/H from 4g LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to cbarai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cbarai Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)