FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] ViPER4Android FX 2.5.0.5 [AUDMODLIB][v1.3]

2,870 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,696

By ahrion, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 22nd March 2017, 02:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from ahrion: Update: 03/29/2017
This is essentially ViPER4Android for Magisk.

These installers utilize my Unified installer that can install on Magisk OR System if Magisk is not detected (with Pixel support). It utilizes my Magisk framework called Audio Modification Library that allows that installation of multiple audio mods without having compatibility issues with one another's audio config file changes (this is a Magisk limitation, however AudModLib solves this issue). I do not support any other audio mod, and if Magisk, I do not support any mod mod that does not utilize my AudModLib.

Check out my GitHub for this mod
Check out my AudModLib thread and GitHub

[UPDATED] ViPER4Android FX (2.5.0.5)
v1.3:
- AudModLib v1.3 update push which includes the script addition to allow various audio mods working with SELinux Enforcing
- Remove (audmodlib)service.sh and replace with pos-fs-data(.d) audmodlib.sh, which should fix when root may be lost upon installing certain mods
- System install will now have the same script updates as the AudModLib v1.3 to allow to work in SELinux Enforcing

Download

Previous Changelogs (ViPER4Android FX):

HTML Code:
v1.2:
- Added audmodlib.sh post-fs-data.d script
- Install script fixes
- post-fs-data.d script fixes
- Push AudModLib v1.2 hotfixes

v1.1:
- Updated to Audio Modification Library (Magisk) v1.1
    This should fix the boot loop issues seen in only Magisk v11.6

V1.0:
- Initial release
- Smali edits to automatically enable storage permissions
- Audio Modification Library v1.0 is included
- Unified installer that will install mod for both Magisk and System
- Pixel support included
- Magisk Template v3 support

ViPER4Android FX Uninstaller
v1.1:
- Script fixes

Download

Previous Changelogs (ViPER4Android FX Uninstaller):

HTML Code:
v1.0:
- Initial release
- Unified uninstaller that will uninstall the mod for both Magisk and System installs
- Pixel support included
- Magisk Template v3 support

Credits of Originality:
- zhuhang (Official Thread)
- Viper's Audio (Official blog)
- ViPER520

XDA:DevDB Information
ViPER4Android FX, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
ahrion, Zackptg5, ViPER's Audio, zhuhang, ViPER520
Source Code: https://github.com/therealahrion/ViPER4Android-FX

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.3
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-29

Created 2017-03-22
Last Updated 2017-08-14
The Following 62 Users Say Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd March 2017, 03:53 AM |#2  
Flag Taopei
Thanks Meter: 13

More
great!
The Following User Says Thank You to huaiyue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huaiyue Ad-Free
23rd March 2017, 12:23 AM |#3  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Hi, tried your two modules you've posted on my Nexus 6P stock ROM. March update. Both causing bootloop and using the uninstaller provided doesn't help. Have to use mount Magisk then go to file explorer in TWRP recovery and delete the modules from Magisk folder.
23rd March 2017, 02:56 AM |#4  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikb

Hi, tried your two modules you've posted on my Nexus 6P stock ROM. March update. Both causing bootloop and using the uninstaller provided doesn't help. Have to use mount Magisk then go to file explorer in TWRP recovery and delete the modules from Magisk folder.

Hmm. This is probably a kernel or magisk limitation with your rom. Are you running 11.6? Try to run it without the deep_buffer Remover because this is probably what bootloops your phone. It's only necessary when you've NEED it, otherwise it may cause adverse effects. Just install V4A and see if it works.

Currently magisk still has limited boot.img compatibility which causes so.e mods to not work properly or bootloops when it's not the mod itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2017, 05:12 AM |#5  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrion

Hmm. This is probably a kernel or magisk limitation with your rom. Are you running 11.6? Try to run it without the deep_buffer Remover because this is probably what bootloops your phone. It's only necessary when you've NEED it, otherwise it may cause adverse effects. Just install V4A and see if it works.

Currently magisk still has limited boot.img compatibility which causes so.e mods to not work properly or bootloops when it's not the mod itself.

Hi, I'm on 11.6. I've tried both modules on their own and they both have caused boot loops unfortunately.

Thanks anyway..
23rd March 2017, 05:14 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

Hi, I'm on 11.6. I've tried both modules on their own and they both have caused boot loops unfortunately.

Thanks anyway..

Magisk limitation. @topjohnwu is always improving magisk. I do recommend may e trying another kernel for your device which may help compatibility.
23rd March 2017, 09:35 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 2,329

Donate to Me
More
Gave this module a go, and: it's a no go... Will not boot on my Nexus 6 running Vanilla ROM 7.1.1_r26, Franco Kernel r65 and Magisk v.11.6 - MagiskSU.

After flashing uninstaller the device still doesn't boot. Had to manually remove audmodlib from /magisk in TWRP to make it boot again. And it's in audmodlib the problem is. I did a quick test where I removed audmodlib after installation (kept v4afx in place) and it booted right up (with a non-functioning module, obviously).

Attaching installation and uninstallation recovery logs. Unfortunately I'm not at a computer with ADB, otherwise I would have captured a logcat of boot for you. Maybe later...
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery-install.log - [Click for QR Code] (27.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: log recovery-uninstall.log - [Click for QR Code] (26.2 KB, 26 views)
23rd March 2017, 12:26 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Gave this module a go, and: it's a no go... Will not boot on my Nexus 6 running Vanilla ROM 7.1.1_r26, Franco Kernel r65 and Magisk v.11.6 - MagiskSU.

After flashing uninstaller the device still doesn't boot. Had to manually remove audmodlib from /magisk in TWRP to make it boot again. And it's in audmodlib the problem is. I did a quick test where I removed audmodlib after installation (kept v4afx in place) and it booted right up (with a non-functioning module, obviously).

Attaching installation and uninstallation recovery logs. Unfortunately I'm not at a computer with ADB, otherwise I would have captured a logcat of boot for you. Maybe later...

The only real thing in audmodlib is could be is service.sh or system.prop otherwise it would be the vendor file, which would mean that for some reason 11.6 is bugged for vendor file mounting. Try installing and remove those ONLY and and see if it fixes it.

If that fixes it then it's one of those two. And if you're cool can you see which one it is exactly.
23rd March 2017, 01:25 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 2,329

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrion

The only real thing in audmodlib is could be is service.sh or system.prop otherwise it would be the vendor file, which would mean that for some reason 11.6 is bugged for vendor file mounting. Try installing and remove those ONLY and and see if it fixes it.

If that fixes it then it's one of those two. And if you're cool can you see which one it is exactly.

There has been an issue with vendor mounting in Magisk, but I believe that was for devices with separate vendor partitions (Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, etc). I haven't seen any commits on GitHub about it though (although I haven't been keeping that close attention), so I don't know if it's been fixed.

I did find the culprit though: it's system.prop. With that file removed from /magisk/audmodlib my device booted up just fine.
23rd March 2017, 01:49 PM |#10  
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 438

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks anyway..

If you wanna try this is my module for Nexus phones. I use this in my Nexus 5X Stock and PureNexus

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862713260

Sry ahrion for use your thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Seyaru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Seyaru Ad-Free
23rd March 2017, 02:32 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyaru

If you wanna try this is my module for Nexus phones. I use this in my Nexus 5X Stock and PureNexus

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862713260

Sry ahrion for use your thread

You are literally advertising your mods in everyone's threads. Stop this and make your own thread.

This is a magisk forum, not a system mod forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)