FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODULE] Volume Steps Increase (for Magisk v10+)

1,106 posts
Thanks Meter: 808

Post Reply Email Thread
This module doubles the number of steps in volume adjustment for both media and in-call volume.

WARNING: Apparently doesn't work on all devices, for example OnePlus 3 according to this.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free

12th February 2017, 02:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
what about a collection thread for build prop tweaks to use in Magisk?
12th February 2017, 06:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for the module. It's got a funny bump going louder until the middle of the scale, then getting suddenly significantly quieter again and going louder until the end, for media playback.
13th February 2017, 12:26 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettik

Thanks for the module. It's got a funny bump going louder until the middle of the scale, then getting suddenly significantly quieter again and going louder until the end, for media playback.

Could be hardware/driver-dependant. I've used a (non-systemized) prop modification before on a tablet and it was pretty smooth.
13th February 2017, 02:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
time comes, good modules too
13th February 2017, 09:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Just a reminder for those who encounter problems. ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=14
ro.config.media_vol_steps=30 won't work for all devices, such as OnePlus 3, at least on its official OxygenOS.

Once you change your media volume steps from default 15 to the 30, using the script above which is included in the module, on your OnePlus 3. The steps are increased, while it's just a loop. The volume drop back to the lowest again at the 16th step and totally silent at some steps bigger than 20.

BTW, the xposed module VolumeSteps+ won't work on OnePlus 3 either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laggardkernel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laggardkernel Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 05:06 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
accidentally quoted OP instead of editing it.
12th March 2017, 05:36 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
changes couldn't be reseted after removing the system.prop or the module. Any thing to do?
12th March 2017, 05:50 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chjun90

changes couldn't be reseted after removing the system.prop or the module. Any thing to do?

Remove module, reboot. When asking for help, provide logs.
12th March 2017, 06:25 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

Remove module, reboot. When asking for help, provide logs.

i do that many times. i have removed the module days ago, but the chages still on my phone. i found the bug in all the modules with system.prop not only yours. thinking it's bugs of magisk v11.1.
The Following User Says Thank You to chjun90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chjun90 Ad-Free
12th March 2017, 05:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chjun90

i do that many times. i have removed the module days ago, but the chages still on my phone. i found the bug in all the modules with system.prop not only yours. thinking it's bugs of magisk v11.1.

Would be great if you had created an issue against Magisk on github then. Probably uninstalling magisk (from recovery) and re-installing it would start you with a clean slate.

Alternatively, there're unofficial builds of the next-gen magisk available, maybe they would fix the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)