[MODULE] Volume Steps± Magisk (17++)

Search This thread

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
Hello,
"Installation failed" for me on LG G4. It seems that it doesn't have required rights to mount magisk image. This is the only module that produces this error during installation. See attached screenshot for proof.

Thanks for your work, I appreciated the old module when it was working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-19-21-22-10.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-19-21-22-10.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 610

Bramton1

Apr 13, 2011
Columbia, MD
So like the other guy, installing this causes me to have problems with SafetyNet. It didn't cause it to fail. Instead, it would fail to produce a pass or fail response. In Magisk or a SN check app, it would cause an infinite spinning loading circle.

Tried that SafetyPatch module, and it caused a bootloop.

Google Pixel (OG), running Pie

So like the other guy, installing this causes me to have problems with SafetyNet. It didn't cause it to fail. Instead, it would fail to produce a pass or fail response. In Magisk or a SN check app, it would cause an infinite spinning loading circle.

Tried that SafetyPatch module, and it caused a bootloop.

Google Pixel (OG), running Pie

Same issue here, same device as well. Stock ROM.

jpeedro

Mar 11, 2015
Does this module increase the audio pickup of the microphone in the calls or only increase the volume of the call? I have a problem with my microphone for calls (where people can only hear me when I activate the speakerphone) and sending audios to the messengers like WhatsApp, Instagram, telegram ... I'm looking for a possible software solution for this problem in the my Lg Nexus 5X.

_V3D4N7_

Feb 15, 2019
Not working as expected

Not working as expected on miui10 magisk18.1, increases steps , but not precise , my device had 25 steps by default and it on level 25 is same as level 25 when set to 100 steps... The max volume was just increased...
if I've misunderstood to purpose of the module please let me know

Last edited:

freak_3

Sep 2, 2012
Increases the number of clicks but not the number of steps

Hallo,

i have installed this module in my Galaxy s7 gf930 and viperOS Rom (Android 9 pie) and experienced something similar what I have already experienced with other modules on other ROMs. It increases the number of clicks to be made but not the number of actual steps of volume. for example: I increase the step count from 25 to 50 I have to click 50 times from mute to full volume but it only changes volume every second step ?
Does anyone know how to solve this.

Thanks in advance

fasix

Jun 20, 2010
Lecce
Thanks for the module
I have a MiA2 (with rooted stock rom) and the module does not work a 100%
In particular, the steps with MEDIA volume change, but the steps with IN_CALL volume do not change. In fact the in-call volume steps remain at seven steps. What is the problem?

williwood

Feb 4, 2013
Uslar
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hi

I have the module installed and I rebooted, but when I type su VoSte it says "VoSte: not found"
I have the same problem. Even more worse, I did a clean rom install and now the mod isn't available in the download section of the magisk manager.

Anyway this is by far the best mod ever. I'm looking for a solution and be open to help. Let me know what I can do.

Essential Phone Android Pie
Magisk 19.1

Last edited:

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
If the mod is not available for download it means it has been deleted from the repository because the author/dev didn't update it in time.

Topjohnwu mentioned the deadline.

arddy1

Jun 18, 2016
Jakarta
Working flawlessly on Mi 9 Miui rom. I think this is essential mod for android that every music lover must have! Android default few steps with jumpy volume can damage hearing when listening with headphones.
Thanks OP for your work!

Ardmefce

Jul 11, 2019
Thank you!

I searched how to add more volume steps on every China's platforms, but I find nothing. I felt so confused and finally, I come here.
Thank you very much for your solution!;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello i completly remaked and upgraded old do not working module for new Magisk 17++.

Warning, dont work with Magisk 19++
    Version for 19++ is fixed by DessertArbiter here:
    https://github.com/DessertArbiter/Volume-Steps-Plus---Magisk-Module/releases/latest

My new name for this module is Volume Steps Plus for Magisk.

With this module you can change number of volume steps fo Call or Media how you want.
    Preset is 25 for media and 10 for In-Call volume steps.

You need have instaled Magisk 17.0++.
    And maybe (i am not sure), if this module don't work for you, try install BusyBox module for Magisk.

Command for edit values in terminal is:
    su
    VoSte
    Must be write like you see. Uppercase V and S.

Important: If you have already installed older version when 1.2.0 or other Steps Plus module by some else, you must remove older version i Magisk frst.

Versions changelog and news:
    Last version:
    Version 1.3.0-1.3.9
    • Module code optimalization and fixes
    • Support reboot from module
    • To select in menu you have multiple options for one function ect- 1/a/A
    • write Q for exit from module script
    • if you write wrong value for apply, you can write new again
    • some little changes in texts

Older versions:

Version 1.2.0 - 1.2.5
    • Bugs fixes
    • Compatibility for Magisk GitHub Module Repo
    • Better stability for same android versions what have problems with older versions

Version 1.1.2
    • fixed instructioms for use

Version 1.1.1
    • just few little fixes, nothing big
    • edit of module style
    • added selection: q - for Exit

Version 1.0.0
    • Initial release.
    • You can change count of steps for Medial or Call Volume.
    • Preset is Media 25 and In-Call 10 volume steps.
    Here's a current version I've put together and tested on a stock/GSI Android 10 with Magisk 20.4: https://github.com/bladeSk/magisk-volume-steps

It's a super simple Magisk module that adds the right values to system props. It sets media volume steps to 30, but you can easily customize this to any value if you follow the readme.
    fixed for Magisk 19+

i submitted a pull request, in the meantime you can download it here

edit: updated to fix "command not found"

magisk uses binpath folder now, so instead of manually choosing bin location magisk will automatically choose based on the ROM, so the command should work now
    Hey. It is very sad that now this module does not work. How else can I change the volume steps now?

All the module did was to change these props:
    Code:
    ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=10
    ro.config.media_vol_steps=25
    audio.safemedia.bypass=true
    You can do that easily with the resetprop tool and a simple boot script.
    I can't download the file

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka