Stable Magisk Version: v20.3
Beta Magisk Version: v20.3
Magisk Manager Version: v7.5.1
Welcome to the official Magisk Release / Announcement thread!
Installing Magisk will give you ROOT, a super powerful Systemless Interface,
Magisk Modules support, and hide from tons of integrity tests like SafetyNet!
Magisk does NOT have a website. Do NOT download Magisk from unofficial sites.
Official Links: Magisk Github Release
- Open Source:
100% open source and easy to build on all Google supported platforms.
- Magic Mount:
Modify system (vendor) without tampering the partitions.
Unleash your device's root access.
Hide Magisk from detections: Google SafetyNet, enterprise / bank system integrity checks, game tamper checks.
Modify or delete any system properties, including read-only props.
- Online Module Repo:
Install Magisk Modules from the community driven Magisk Module Repo.
- Android 4.2+: MagiskSU and Magisk Modules Only (*1)
- Android 4.4+: All features available (*2)
- Android 6.0+: MagiskHide guaranteed support (*3)
- Android 7.0+: MagiskHide full protection
- Android 9.0+: Magisk Manager full hide capability
- Resetprop and MagiskHide is not possible to be supported.
- Pre 6.0 kernels are very likely to have no mount ns procfs support, which is required for MagiskHide to work properly. This Linux kernel feature is only required to be added in Android 6.0.
If your kernel lacks this feature, you can build (or ask your custom kernel dev) with some additional patches. The relevant patches are: set CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y in defconfig, and apply this patch. More info: Namespace file descriptors (2010 original article)
- Pre 7.0 does not support hidepid=2, thus cannot provide full protection
- Link to Installation Instructions
- Link to Tutorials
(Including OTA Installation and Best Practices for MagiskHide)
- Most common issues are documented in Magisk Troubleshoot Wiki (huge thanks to @Didgeridoohan!), check it out before spamming the forums
- Magisk Manager CANNOT be placed in adoptable storage
- Q: WebView is crashing on my device when I enable MagiskHide
A: It's a bug in your ROM, please ask your ROM developer to include this commit to fix the issue
- @phhusson for the original sepolicy injection tool, boot image tools, superuser, hide su tools
- @Chainfire for many shell script code, his supolicy in older versions, and the complete documentation How-To SU
- @nkk71 (RIP) for the original resetprop
- @osm0sis for unSU, addon.d hack, boot image unpacking knowledge
- Every contributor of Magisk Manager
Download count of previously XDA hosted files: 25,490,945
v1: 8746 v2: 2251 v3: 3790 v4: 1220 v5: 2914
v6: 138838 v7: 119744 v8: 116796 v9: 203836 v10.2: 215176
v11.1: 573322 v11.6:438886 v12.0: 3263706
1300: 274438 1310: 1018692 1320: 403556 1330: 1844372
1350: 39188 1360: 69874 1400: 4456314
1410: 11512 1420: 112020 1437: 247988 1455: 30652
1456: 253042 1468: 85978 1500: 434572 1510: 460120
1520: 927436 1530: 218164 1531: 3143686 1540: 97368
1600: 6043710 1610: 87628 1620: 140382