FORUMS

Remove Magisk without formatting data

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By allouh, Member on 21st May 2020, 01:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got a new phone two days ago with zui rom installed
This rom uses forced encryption that can't be decrypted through twrp recovery.
Yesterday i went through an issue with a module that froze android after boot and couldn't unlock it to remove the module!
Data partition is encrypted under recovery and i can't remove the module manually through file manager and the only option i had is to format data partition which result in a loss of all files.
For future if i went through such issue; is there a way i could remove or disable magisk through recovery without mounting data partition?
21st May 2020, 01:30 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by allouh

I got a new phone two days ago with zui rom installed

This rom uses forced encryption that can't be decrypted through twrp recovery.

Yesterday i went through an issue with a module that froze android after boot and couldn't unlock it to remove the module!

Data partition is encrypted under recovery and i can't remove the module manually through file manager and the only option i had is to format data partition which result in a loss of all files.

For future if i went through such issue; is there a way i could remove or disable magisk through recovery without mounting data partition?

You should be able to just flash the boot.img

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
21st May 2020, 02:03 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

You should be able to just flash the boot.img

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I tested this while writing this post , i flashed boot.img through fastboot but it gave me Red Boot screen error (Device Corrupt) and when device run magisk still working
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)